Logo And Uniform Prototypes

AsM29

Sky blue and burnt orange are red and blue? Not very precise back then huh? LOL

Does anyone remember a different Nordiques prototype set (I think they were prototypes?) that featured a sweater that was practically half blue and half white, because the stripes were so wide? Either the home sweater was almost half blue or the away sweater was almost half white, and the other one was pretty normal looking. I wish I remembered more about this set. I remember seeing them in photos (not game action photos) in a memorabilia store near Toronto in the 1990s but the photos were obviously older.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1996 Nordiques, only if...

96Nords.png

The Nordiques had one of the most unique and best looking uniforms in sports. I'm actually kind of glad they didn't ruin their history by adopting such a generic logo. that uniform is a sellout.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Nah - Philadelphia is too many letters to be put on a jersey using that font.

I think the prototype shows that it could work rather well.

I think the prototype proves my point.

We'll have to agree to disagree, then - to my eye it works very well on the prototype. If you don't agree, you don't agree.

Just found this Bucs prototype logo, I think it's a pretty sweet:

AltBucsLogo1.jpg

Here's the source

I've seen that logo...and I'm happy they didn't go with it...it always bothered me that the new Bruce was looking right...but the hat seemed to be pointing left.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

UNUSED DIAMONDBACKS JERSEY

833181709_cdbcb9bd4c_o.jpg

I can confirm that jersey was made available for retail sale sometime after the team was awarded in 1995 but before they began play in 1998.

I can't think of another team which went through so many uniform tweaks before it played its first game (except for the Jags, and they were motivated by a lawsuit).

If this hasn't been posted yet, here it is...

carpanthers93.jpg

I thought I had seen a picture of this set being unveiled on the UniWatch blog, but now I can't find it.

I remember seeing a photo of the blue jersey, but with the black pants. Personally, I think the Panthers should wear the black pants with the white jersey...their white unis are just too bland IMO.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

96Nords.png

The Nordiques had one of the most unique and best looking uniforms in sports. I'm actually kind of glad they didn't ruin their history by adopting such a generic logo. that uniform is a sellout.

Ruin their history? The Nordiques were planning to wear those during the 1995-96 season, but instead relocated to Colorado, right?

You would rather the team no longer exist (as the Quebec Nordiques) than wear those sweaters?

:wacko:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

96Nords.png

Ruin their history? The Nordiques were planning to wear those during the 1995-96 season, but instead relocated to Colorado, right?

You would rather the team no longer exist (as the Quebec Nordiques) than wear those sweaters?

:wacko:

I certainly didn't read his comment that way. But regardless, I think if the team had stayed in Quebec, they would have switched back to some variation of their original style within five years at most.

I suppose these two logos should apply to this thread too since they appeared in an Official Logo Guide that I have, but are not in the most recent version of the guide. I have also heard rumors of some merchandise with these logos.

Picture2-16.png

Picture3-13.png

If only they would put either of those on next year's alternate jersey. I love them both. I would buy a jersey with those logos on it in a second, but, if they put the stick n rink or ANOTHER ORCA on the alternate than i probably wont bite.

Nah - Philadelphia is too many letters to be put on a jersey using that font.

I think the prototype shows that it could work rather well.

I think the prototype proves my point.

We'll have to agree to disagree, then - to my eye it works very well on the prototype. If you don't agree, you don't agree.

Think about how it would look on a youth-sized jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have a t-shirt with that logo on it. There was a black jersey too, of course. Here it is:

Taleof2CitiesFrankFinnigan.jpg<--- Senators Legend Frank Finnigan

Sometimes, you can still find some of these around Ottawa.

I wonder if the Senators could honor that by wearing these as throwback jerseys if they could do it?? That would be nice to see... also didnt Tampa Bay have a different jersey look with the LIGHTNING wordmark over a bolt? I think I saw that logo in the newspaper years ago. but was curious about that....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

seahawkslimejersey.png

i've been to many many seahawks games and to all kinds of sports shops and i've only seen two of these in existance.. one of which i own. (and wouldnt mind selling ha).

despite the fact that i love the design, i hope they don't adopt a lime green alternate. it makes this jersey i own so much more special and worth more.

Archived