Logo And Uniform Prototypes

AsM29

I don't know of a lot of prototypes, but I know they're out there...

I do know of a lot of proposed color sets, thanks to ssur. :P

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Despite having already seen some of those Charlotte prototypes before, I still can't help but think just how bad a name "Bobcats" is for a pro team. I mean, some of the more cartoony concepts (like the Raptor-Cat dribbling logo or the one w/ sunglasses) fit the team only b/c I think "Bobcats" sounds like a little league team or a minor league one at best.

Something to keep in mind when considering the horrible name "Bobcats"....is that IIRC, "Flight" actually WON the name the team contest...BUT...the owner's name was "Bob (Something)"...to leave his mark on history, he vetoed that name and chose "BOBcats" to name the team after himself.

Again...the memory is vague...someone else confirm or deny that story?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

there used to be a video out there that showed the design process of the mooterus... some with a giant star in the middle of the forehead, and other oddities.

i wish i could get a copy of it.

Despite having already seen some of those Charlotte prototypes before, I still can't help but think just how bad a name "Bobcats" is for a pro team. I mean, some of the more cartoony concepts (like the Raptor-Cat dribbling logo or the one w/ sunglasses) fit the team only b/c I think "Bobcats" sounds like a little league team or a minor league one at best.

Something to keep in mind when considering the horrible name "Bobcats"....is that IIRC, "Flight" actually WON the name the team contest...BUT...the owner's name was "Bob (Something)"...to leave his mark on history, he vetoed that name and chose "BOBcats" to name the team after himself.

Again...the memory is vague...someone else confirm or deny that story?

not sure Flight actually "won", they never gave out specifics after having a guess the name contest, but the owner did decide to lean towards his own name Bob('s)cats.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

there used to be a video out there that showed the design process of the mooterus... some with a giant star in the middle of the forehead, and other oddities.

i wish i could get a copy of it.

Yeah I remember watching the design process for the Toronto Marlies. Its was pretty cool to watch. It showed them deciding on a name as well as deciding on a logo. Alot of work into I think the show was about 3 hours.

But, it was neat to see the history on how it was done.

Plus John Ferguson jr. was in charge for it... can yea believe it... he made 1 good move :D .

4kv29i.jpg

1996 Nordiques, only if...

96Nords.png

This picture kills me, because it's like they know these jerseys are never going to see the light of day. Also how long do you think these would have lasted before they changed to something less 90's if the Nordiques had stuck around?

PvO6ZWJ.png

96Nords.png

This picture kills me, because it's like they know these jerseys are never going to see the light of day. Also how long do you think these would have lasted before they changed to something less 90's if the Nordiques had stuck around?

I'd say in about 5 years... Go to something where they had the ol' igloo logo. All retro and such.

Hi, how are you?

I wonder why they couldn't have incorporated the FDL into a primary logo some how? How fantastic would that look as the crest of a sweater (maybe with the red igloos on the shoulders?) If they're worried about the FDL not being trademarkable (which doesn't bother the NO Saints), they could work a wordmark into it somehow, or otherwise customize it a bit.

Also, I absolutely LOVED the shade of blue that their road jerseys were. I don't think another team wore it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Correct me if I'm wrong ( which will be likely ) but didn't the Raptors, or the Van. Grizzles had other logo concepts, but didn't make the cut ?

Lil'D: It's curious to me that the original Vancouver Grizzlies' name is never mentioned. It was "Mounties". I recall the original logo displayed on the Vancouver Sun Page 1 when the League originally awarded the team. It was a decent logo, rather conventional waist-up Mountie illustration with I believe a basketball background behind him. It was the Vancouver NBA nickname only briefly. As I recall the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) was never formally asked for permission to use "Mounties" & it was never given. "Grizzlies" followed not long after.

Wish I had saved that Mounties logo from the Sun. Does anyone recall this Vancouver Mounties NBA logo or has anyone seen it on other logo sites or elsewhere online?

vanlv8.jpg

oakqb4.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong ( which will be likely ) but didn't the Raptors, or the Van. Grizzles had other logo concepts, but didn't make the cut ?

Lil'D: It's curious to me that the original Vancouver Grizzlies' name is never mentioned. It was "Mounties". I recall the original logo displayed on the Vancouver Sun Page 1 when the League originally awarded the team. It was a decent logo, rather conventional waist-up Mountie illustration with I believe a basketball background behind him. It was the Vancouver NBA nickname only briefly. As I recall the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) was never formally asked for permission to use "Mounties" & it was never given. "Grizzlies" followed not long after.

Wish I had saved that Mounties logo from the Sun. Does anyone recall this Vancouver Mounties NBA logo or has anyone seen it on other logo sites or elsewhere online?

vanlv8.jpg

Vancouver Jokers?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

vanlv8.jpg

Vancouver Jokers?

I first saw that logo as the Vancouver OBGYN stirrups.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

96Nords.png

Yeah I loved the Nordiques jersey look.. if I remmy right that the new logo was in the Hockey News a few weeks before the Nords were bought and moved... so that made it all bittersweet.. I was all set to use that new logo for the 1995-96 season for the recordbooks and etc... oh well... I wonder if there are any extra new Nordiques jerseys around or all gone completely?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

vanlv8.jpg

Vancouver Jokers?

I first saw that logo as the Vancouver OBGYN stirrups.

does anyone else find the arm holding the flag to be disproportioned? Maybe it's just the odd perspective of the actual mountie in the logo...

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

It was only a matter of time before someone posted this, and I wanted to be that guy:

09.jpg

But they couldn't have been the Vancouver NBA logo because these

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

96Nords.png

I hear you. I thought those were the coolest things around when I first saw the pic. Now they just reek of 90s design excess - and I infinitely prefer the old "N" igloo with the hockey stick logo.

Archived