Logo And Uniform Prototypes

AsM29

From Logo server, the Flames -

CalgaryFlames1.GIF

I can't trust any serious logo website that includes Zephyr hat logos. Jeeeeeez. The raised embroidery is right there in plain view!

The flame coming out of the horse's nostril looks more like antlers.

It would look like antlers if they were coming out the side of the horse's head.

It looks like antlers coming out of its nostrils? :D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CalgaryFlames1.GIF

I like it a whole lot more then

Calgary_Flames_horse_head_logo.png

it was a bad logo...that was made much worse when TNA wrassler "Simon Diamond" decided to use a blue version on his wrasslin tights

Yeah, it's a shame that the Schooners couldn't get off the ground.

Seeing that a schooner is a ship and not a plane ...

Yeah, I almost said something about them "running aground" but thought better of it. :D

they're just dry-docked for now...i do believe if the cfl can ever get the ottawa franchise to be run properly and consistently...that the schooners will finally get launched

GO GIANTS GO!!!

giants-1.png

mia Marek Schwarz

THANK YOU TREVOR!

linden.png

CalgaryFlames1.GIF

I can't trust any serious logo website that includes Zephyr hat logos. Jeeeeeez. The raised embroidery is right there in plain view!

The flame coming out of the horse's nostril looks more like antlers.

I'm seeing mustache more than antlers.

Hmmm... I wonder what uniform prototype that I'll contribute to this thread...

How about this one!

HPIM1751.jpg

HPIM1752.jpg

The original Graphite uniform. And in case you didn't know, these were meant to be worn with Graphite pants, like this!

TorontoBlueJays_RU_old_2004_TEX.gif

They would have been beautiful. :(

Also notice the thinner nameplate font and thinner borders on the number fonts. Here's what they currently look like. Notice the difference?

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Almost forgot I had these:

AnaheimAngels_PropUN_1996_01.jpg

AnaheimAngels_PropUN_1996_02.jpg

Excuse the crappy scanner.

These are official Angels uniforms that were in the Style Guide as of 08/1996. By 08/1997, they had replaced these sheets with the uniforms that eventually made it onto the field (I have those sheets as well). A few notes:

• Notice the UCLA-type striping on the sleeves.
  • The Navy is lighter, almost Royal in color than what they eventually went with.
  • The pinstriping is Periwinkle.
  • Notice the funky alt home vest-thing.
  • Check out the White cap with the Navy pinstripes!

I've got the whole set of 1998 MLB sheets...I'll see if I find anything else out of the ordinary. I do know that the D-Backs sheets have the unused Inaugural patches on them.

Almost forgot I had these:

AnaheimAngels_PropUN_1996_01.jpg

AnaheimAngels_PropUN_1996_02.jpg

Excuse the crappy scanner.

These are official Angels uniforms that were in the Style Guide as of 08/1996. By 08/1997, they had replaced these sheets with the uniforms that eventually made it onto the field (I have those sheets as well). A few notes:

• Notice the UCLA-type striping on the sleeves.
  • The Navy is lighter, almost Royal in color than what they eventually went with.
  • The pinstriping is Periwinkle.
  • Notice the funky alt home vest-thing.
  • Check out the White cap with the Navy pinstripes!

I've got the whole set of 1998 MLB sheets...I'll see if I find anything else out of the ordinary. I do know that the D-Backs sheets have the unused Inaugural patches on them.

Good Gawd!

And I thought nothing could be tackier than what they actually went with. I can't believe I'm saying this, but at least they chose the better looking option. :(

And I thought nothing could be tackier than what they actually went with. I can't believe I'm saying this, but at least they chose the better looking option. :(

Who knew?

And Werx, I'd love to see any other goodies from that guide. I've heard rumors that the changes the Brewers introduced that year were the beginning of a (later aborted) re-design: does the guide support that?

Who knew?

And Werx, I'd love to see any other goodies from that guide. I've heard rumors that the changes the Brewers introduced that year were the beginning of a (later aborted) re-design: does the guide support that?

Are you referring to the "M" cap logos from that era? And the modified script? I'm not sure what was planned; although I could ask the designer (Todd Radom) about them. The Guide shows what was worn; not much more.

I should go through all of this stuff and help Chris fill in some of his gaps...

Yeah, in 1996 they modified the Germanic letters slightly and simplified the cap logo from a gold "MB" to a white "M". Rumor was that it was the precursor of other changes to come, was hoping they might have been included in the guide the way the prototype Angels uniforms were....

Yeah, in 1996 they modified the Germanic letters slightly and simplified the cap logo from a gold "MB" to a white "M". Rumor was that it was the precursor of other changes to come, was hoping they might have been included in the guide the way the prototype Angels uniforms were....

This is all I have from that season:

MilwaukeeBrewers_USG_1998_SOL_SRGB.gif

Cripes, those Angels unis are awful. I'm not a huge fan of what they actually went with, but I think would've changed teams had they went with those prototypes. While on the subject, I never got why the alternate logo had gold letters, when the color appeared nowhere else in the teams set.

Cripes, those Angels unis are awful. I'm not a huge fan of what they actually went with, but I think would've changed teams had they went with those prototypes. While on the subject, I never got why the alternate logo had gold letters, when the color appeared nowhere else in the teams set.

I know what you mean, but to be fair - Gold WAS in the primary logo:

AnaheimAngels_PRM_1997-2001_SOL_SRG.gif

Good God...

As a die-hard Halos fan...

I'd hope to have never seen those again and that all remnants were burned...

ugh

Put those things away...

AVERT YOUR GAZE!!!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Actually, according to the NHL's Official Vintage style-guide there has.

Picture5-5.png

Now, I know that the logo's are different in the sense that it says St. Louis in it but they are still the same stylized logo. Also I know that this has been mentioned by ColorWerx before, but the vintage guides that the NHL put out aren't always 100% accurate when it comes to what the teams were actually wearing at the time, but they are usually pretty close. That being said, I still consider all of the logos in these guides, wether exact or not, to be "Official" logos seeing as how they are released by the league.

In conclusion, the Blues may not have actually ever worn that logo in those colors, but they do have an official logo in that style and colors.

I don't know what to call this logo but all I know is that it was never used on a jersey or apart of any blues marketing. All it looks like to me is that someone recolored the current style note with the mid 90's color scheme as a 'fantasy rebrand' to see what it would look like. I wouldn't even throw this logo in the same mix as the Blues script (seeing how that hasn't made it on a jersey either but has been used in marketing).

Now unless this is what the blues plan to use as their new third jersey logo (highly doubtful since its rumored they are using something involving the arch and keeping the same color scheme), then that is the only way I would give this logo another minute of my time - it just looks wrong.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived