Logo And Uniform Prototypes

AsM29

Here's another Jaguar prototype:

cf32_1.JPG.jpg

And here's a speculated design for Baltimore's attempted expansion team before the Ravens arrived:

bombers%20proto.jpg

interesting note with the 2 stripes design on the helmet with Baltimore. Did they came with that before the Titans did? I can't recall. I know that the Ravens took that stripes after the Titans had it.

Of course, as we both know, it was the Panthers who opened the door for that kind of striping when they were granted the expansion franchise in 1993. The Ravens started using that striping style with their original helmets in 1996, three years before the Oilers changed their name to the Titans in 1999.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cf32_1.JPG.jpg

And here's a speculated design for Baltimore's attempted expansion team before the Ravens arrived:

bombers%20proto.jpg

That Jags jersey wasn't really a prototype, just a fashion or fan jersey to sell because they didn't have jerseys yet. The Panthers had the same thing. They both used #95, the year they would start.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Here is my bunch of oddities I've found at logoserver.

StLouisBlues.GIF

TorontoMapleLeafs47.GIF

VancouverCanucks70b.GIF

What is so odd about these three except that the colors are wrong? And the Leafs logo just has some weird dropshadow effect to it.

StLouisBlues.GIF

Actually, what's wrong with this one at all?

I guess that I thought that the colors looked a little off but obviously I'm gonna take your word for it.

StLouisBlues.GIF

When the Blues adopted the new third jersey design in 1998 l7o7g28qhj8347ggtrff.gif they switched to a sharper styled bluenote. If you look closely at the logos you will notice the difference between the note styles. 6749.gif187.gif

There has never been an official logo using the blue/yellow/red color scheme with the current blues logo.

on a side note - whats the odds of someone making a current logo out of the stick blue note that was posted above. I had been searching for that picture for a few years now, i'm glad its posted. The blues are considering a third jersey next year, that would be an exceptional logo since they are planning on using a 'new' primary instead of the traditional note.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

StLouisBlues.GIF

When the Blues adopted the new third jersey design in 1998 l7o7g28qhj8347ggtrff.gif they switched to a sharper styled bluenote. If you look closely at the logos you will notice the difference between the note styles. 6749.gif187.gif

There has never been an official logo using the blue/yellow/red color scheme with the current blues logo.

on a side note - whats the odds of someone making a current logo out of the stick blue note that was posted above. I had been searching for that picture for a few years now, i'm glad its posted. The blues are considering a third jersey next year, that would be an exceptional logo since they are planning on using a 'new' primary instead of the traditional note.

Actually, according to the NHL's Official Vintage style-guide there has.

Picture5-5.png

Now, I know that the logo's are different in the sense that it says St. Louis in it but they are still the same stylized logo. Also I know that this has been mentioned by ColorWerx before, but the vintage guides that the NHL put out aren't always 100% accurate when it comes to what the teams were actually wearing at the time, but they are usually pretty close. That being said, I still consider all of the logos in these guides, wether exact or not, to be "Official" logos seeing as how they are released by the league.

In conclusion, the Blues may not have actually ever worn that logo in those colors, but they do have an official logo in that style and colors.

cf32_1.JPG.jpg

bombers%20proto.jpg

That Jags jersey wasn't really a prototype, just a fashion or fan jersey to sell because they didn't have jerseys yet. The Panthers had the same thing. They both used #95, the year they would start.

Yeah, but you gotta admit that nobody knew the Jaguars would eventually adopt a black alternate by 2002. That jersey in the picture looks much cleaner than the pre-lawsuit designs unveiled when the franchise was granted.

WHA Miami Screaming Eagles proposed uniform; from documents sold on eBay about three years ago:

miami_screaming_eagles.png

That's hideous--it looks like a one piece jumper...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

On the other hand--here's a cool one-

In 1984 the CFL granted a conditional franchise for a Halifax team--the Atlantic Schooners--they never got their act together and so never played a game--but they did have a cool logo-

schooners.png

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Nah - Philadelphia is too many letters to be put on a jersey using that font.

I think the prototype shows that it could work rather well.

I think the prototype proves my point.

We'll have to agree to disagree, then - to my eye it works very well on the prototype. If you don't agree, you don't agree.

Think about how it would look on a youth-sized jersey.

The same as an adult-sized jersey, unless the Phillies become the only team in Major League Baseball not to scale the letters down for kids merchandise....

WHA Miami Screaming Eagles proposed uniform; from documents sold on eBay about three years ago:

miami_screaming_eagles.png

That's hideous--it looks like a one piece jumper...

The thing that is strangest to me is why they bothered with the socks (or "leggings" as they're referred to). Once you've gone to the point of combining a long sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts into one bizarre garment, why not finish the job by just having the players wear a full jumpsuit or coveralls? Clearly the designer had only briefly seen / didn't understand a hockey uniform - it's like an Edge jersey for the 70s.

Archived