Detroit Lions ditch black alternate

projectjohn

WOO! Hopefully this means I can actually find a white jersey now, since basically all I can find are the black ones. And I'm pant-crappingly excited to see the throwbacks make a return. They're by far my favorite football uniform ever. I love the solid blue socks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad the throwbacks are back too. Seemed like most of the Lions' fans wanted them, and thought the blacks were Millen's way of reliving his Raiders days. IMO, if they paired the throwbacks with the helmet scraw is showing us they'd really have a great, classic look.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Dear god, best news ever. Things are looking up in Detroit.

Guess you haven't heard a lot of news in your time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Great news, never was a fan of the black alternate. Now lets get rid of Millen and the black all together and go back with the honolulu blue and silver full time

I'm no Lions Fan, but THANK GOD FOR THAT!

I can remember a few years ago me, dad and other relatives sitting down in the front room after Thanksgiving Dinner seeing the Lions in those things and we're all thinking WHAT THE F--- IS THAT!

I never thought of Black as a Detroit Lions Color.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

I wish they would go back to a retro full time like cleveland did with slight alterations like blue socks without the stripes numbers on the shoulders andstripng on the sleeves and pants enlarged a little.

_6997809_thumbnail.jpg

undefined

You mean something like this?

lions-tb.gif

I dig the throwback. I have a Harrington one, but ripped the nameplate off, but now its in need of a new nameplate...not good.

I always liked the Billy Sims era jersey, with the silver numbers as opposed to the Barry Sanders era where the numbers were white.

billysims.jpgBarry_Sanders_Old.jpg

wow, that sanders jersey is nice.

im glad they took the black out of thier unis. i went to see them play the dolphins like 2 years ago on thanksgiving, just to see them wear their throwbacks, and they didnt....i was so dissappointed. :(

Picture21.png

Thanks (...and I'm not even a Lions Fan.)

I always thought that the Lions should go to a modern version of their 60's Unis. (Makes me think of Paper Lion.)

Fortunately, I'm a fan of an NFL Team that hasn't quite jumped the shark with their unis (The Browns.) Although Modell came close in '84 and Carmen Policy was run out of Cleveland before he could do more damage.

To be honest, I don't have as much of a problem with the black jersey as I did all the black they added elsewhere. The black trim added to the blue and white jerseys and the outline of the helmet logo is as forced as anything I've seen recently.

If they looked like the old Lions for 14 of 16 games and used a black alt for the other two? Well, sadly that's how it goes these days. But if the alternative is two throwback games and the black-trimmed messes for the rest, I'm not sure that's a significant improvement. A slight one, yes. But the damage is done.

I wish they would go back to a retro full time like cleveland did with slight alterations like blue socks without the stripes numbers on the shoulders andstripng on the sleeves and pants enlarged a little.

_6997809_thumbnail.jpg

undefined

You mean something like this?

lions-tb.gif

NICE! what about a blue white blue pants stripe let's see how that looks.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Thanks (...and I'm not even a Lions Fan.)

I always thought that the Lions should go to a modern version of their 60's Unis. (Makes me think of Paper Lion.)

Fortunately, I'm a fan of an NFL Team that hasn't quite jumped the shark with their unis (The Browns.) Although Modell came close in '84 and Carmen Policy was run out of Cleveland before he could do more damage.

You mean these

clebrowns80s.jpg

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

i actually really liked them..i thought the blue popped good on the black

as for the jags..i like theres as well..the gold sleeve stripe looked money on black

I agree with you. It's sad to see that the Lions adopted another blue jersey to go along with a logoless, stripeless, unispired look. They adopted black, so the alt fit the scheme. The throwback fits the scheme...of 75 years ago. For most of these throwbacks, I wish they would throw-them-back to where they came from.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived