Ugliest uniform ever?

Sodboy13

air2.JPG

Thank you!

I cannot stand the Titans appearance. It's a total mismatch of styles. First off, the logo SUCKS. Then as far as the uni goes, we've got those spiked-stripes on the helmets, some sort of outerspace digits, hockey-style shoulders going on, and regular boring ol' generic pants. Doesn't matter if we're taking about their home, away, or alternate ... they're crap!

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I'm actually agreeing with Ice_Cap here. Pat Patriot is one of the ugliest logos ever. Way too detailed for a football helmet and it suffers from the same poor "bad photocopy" quality as the Lakers' logo.

That being said, the current set is horrible. The Pats should have never ditched these:

bark802.jpgbledsoeretires.jpg

ick

I just like the numbers and the color scheme. Flying Elvis is awful. Put the tricorner on the helmets and take those things off the shoulders and you have a nice '90s uniform.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

I guess this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread, but I love most jerseys people consider ugly. I know that Paul Lukas guy hates anything bright or creative, but I love it.

Oregon? Love it.

All orange anything? Love it.

NBA jerseys from the 90's, Raptors, Grizzlies, Rockets? Love it.

I'd be more apt to consider a plain jersey ugly than something considered ugly by most peoples standards.

Amen! These are what I'd consider ugly:

pennst.jpg

alabama.jpg

rodriguez.jpg

brandonjacobs.jpg

080823_ray_allen.jpg

201008112210798296556-pf.hmedium.jpg

539w.jpg

nnamdi.jpg

emmitt-smith11.jpg

All of these are considered "classic" and "untouchable" but in reality, they are the most boring, paint-by-numbers, cheapest-looking uniforms imaginable. There is no creativity here and no uniqueness. They look like the most bog standard uniforms you can order from a supplier.

You could not be any more wrong.

Georgia Southern's uniforms are the epitome of what a good looking uniform is...

NVIIWNGWNVSFBNO.20090423123735.jpg

FSU2.gif

Sorry but Flying Elvis is NOT classic, nor even a good design. They need Pat back.

Not every logo has to be "classic". The Packers have a "classic" logo but it doesn't mean I want the entire league to look like that.

I'm completely perplexed by how the Flying Elvis isn't a good design. Seriously, I've heard it multiple times before on this board and I simply just don't get it. That logo works in so many ways. I think if it were the first and only logo that the organization ever had then maybe it wouldn't garner so much disdain from so many people. When you grow up staring at one logo for half your life and they switch it up on you it can be hard to swallow at first, but eventually it sinks in. Perfect example is the newer Tampa Bay logo and color set. Sometimes a change is very necessary.

If you look at the Flying Elvis objectively and remove yourself from the history and the nostalgia you see a logo that flows perfectly on a helmet from front to back. Its simple enough to work on a helmet, while still being detailed enough to not be a boring silhouette. It just works as the Patriots logo. Period.

I just don't get why its perceived as being inferior to that poorly rendered, non sensical, awkwardly positioned Pat Patriot logo. I just don't get it.

Actually, there are a lot of ways that it doesn't work. Draw a box around Flying Elvis. The dimensions of the logo (whole lot of width, not a lot of height) combined with the empty space in that box you just drew make the logo look very slight and inconsequential when it's placed near other NFL primaries. Put it next to more square-boxed/circular logos--the Browns' helmet, Raiders' shield, Dolphins sunburst--and Flying Elvis seems only half the size of its counterpart. Put it next to the Big Ovoid Letters--your Bears' C, Packers' G, and 49ers' SF crest--and you'll notice how much space is unaccounted for in comparison. Even with the empty space inside the wishbone C, you still instantly register it as a big letter C, whereas Flying Elvis is just a weird streaking abstract thing whose details get lost in smaller reproductions. Maybe it looks okay on helmets (meh not really), but as a standalone logo, it's one of the league's worst. The Chargers' bolt suffers from the same problem, maybe even more so. Throw the Broncos in there too, kinda.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

I see your point about long, thin logos.

However, I think if a team were to employ a more-proportioned logo for the primary, and the longer one for a helmet (which I think works well usually), the league as a whole would look better.

For example, logos like the Ravens' and Broncos' just look great on a helmet. More square logos should be reserved for pants or sleeves.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

nfl-atlanta-thrashers-jersey-01.jpg

I know the 3rd jersey is even worse, but this jersey just flat out bothers me. The lack of symmetry on the sleeves just pisses me off. :cursing: I love the colors, and I like the Atlanta logo, but then they have to go and put that ugly sleeve stripe on there and it just ruins the entire thing.

70389454.png

I know the 3rd jersey is even worse, but this jersey just flat out bothers me. The lack of symmetry on the sleeves just pisses me off. :cursing: I love the colors, and I like the Atlanta logo, but then they have to go and put that ugly sleeve stripe on there and it just ruins the entire thing.

What is that? A bird being flushed down the toilet?

87Redskins.png

What is that? A bird being flushed down the toilet?

It's a metaphor for the franchise.

Those lame-ass Golden State uniforms just unveiled have to rank right up there. They are embarrassing.

Completely disagree.

It's a HUGE upgrade over that lame early-2000's lightning man/Rocketeer logo.

Oakland Bay Bridge FTW. Now all they need are trolly cars (or the BART system) on the back to seal the deal.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I hate everything about that jersey. For one: powder blue is freakin lame, The players look like a bunch of pansies on ice (IMO). When I think of the Atlanta thrashersI think warm hot colours, not powder blue. #2 bettman stripes, they're ok if they're a single colour but two sets of em just don't work. #3 tie up collar = nono for a team that has been around for only 10 years, teams that have been around since the 70's should be allowed to wear them. Not forced, but allowed. #4 the logo, the demented T bird logo would be best for this template IMO. #5 colour balance. 8 colours?!?!?!?! Marron (bottom left of the logo), brown (bottom middle of the logo), darkish yellow (bottom right of the logo), navy blue, powder blue, red, brighter yellow (atlanta lettering) and white. The Atlanta down the arm is the only thing I think looks semi-decent on this crap

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

tb_bucs_vinny450.jpg

how could anyone hate these?, they're timeless!

So is 0-26 but no one is rolling that out for a celebration. :D Seriously, I like the Bucco-era unis but the white-on-white road look is better IMO than the orange pants.

Wow, I'm actually agreeing with Ice_Cap here. Pat Patriot is one of the ugliest logos ever. Way too detailed for a football helmet and it suffers from the same poor "bad photocopy" quality as the Lakers' logo.

That being said, the current set is horrible. The Pats should have never ditched these:

bark802.jpgbledsoeretires.jpg

These do have the distinction of being the only shoulder logos ever found to be visible from low-Earth orbit. ^_^

Seriously, there are a couple of things to like here (sublimated stripes for example) but let's face it, those four huge flying Elvii are just awful. Thank God they didn't add a couple more on the pants.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Could someone please fix their broken bold tags? ;)

It's Admiral's crazy ass sig. A quick fix for that would be to disable signatures in your forum settings. As for a long term fix, idk.

I guess to stay on topic:

Roy%20Lassiter.jpg

What is this I don't even

Β 

Β 

tb_bucs_vinny450.jpg

how could anyone hate these?, they're timeless!

Well for starters, the Bucs organization hated 'em enough, that in '97 they did away with them and went in a completely different direction....

6uXNWAo.png

Archived