Ugliest uniform ever?

Sodboy13

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this has become a thread about ugly uniforms in general, I'll post one from my personal collection: the 1996-97 Baltimore Bandits.

DSC00308.jpg

It's going on eBay tomorrow, if you're into that sort of thing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Believe it or not those guys are playing something called Finnish baseball. And the shirts make more sense when you know that Jokerit means 'jokers' in Finnish.

3421596.jpg

pesis2.JPG

These guys are lovin' it:

030722%20Pesis%20WM%20048.jpg

Gotta love the color coordination:

pesis1_330px.jpg

The harlequin pattern is apparently popular enough to be offered in many colors:

http://shop.tackla.fi/epages/Tackla.axl/;L.../Pes%C3%A4pallo

just noticed something on that sheriff jersey i didn't spot the first time around: the full plucky duck on the faux belt buckle

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Believe it or not those guys are playing something called Finnish baseball. And the shirts make more sense when you know that Jokerit means 'jokers' in Finnish.

3421596.jpg

pesis2.JPG

pesis1_330px.jpg

The harlequin pattern is apparently popular enough to be offered in many colors:

Any resemblance of Finnish baseball to Calvinball is strictly coincidental.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

cowboy6lr.png

Quad City Mallards.

The sheriff jerseys.

No sign of a mallard on it lol

Isn't that their logo on the sheriff's badge?

I like how every single one of the hockey jerseys he posted pictures to are linked from my photobucket account. I feel violated. :blink:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

How about this one?

John_Elway_Photo7_MID.jpg

Of course, it's no one-off minor league hockey jersey, but it IS historically significant. Coupled with the Carolina Panthers, it is responsible for moving the NFL from the classic style of its entire history to the swooshes, angles, and other eccentricities we see on uniforms today. And if that's not bad enough, it's the uniform that launched a thousand ugly high school and college football programs across the country.

It's mildly aesthetically pleasing, but for long-term historical damage, I think the 1997 Denver Broncos uniform needs to be in the conversation.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

How about this one?

Of course, it's no one-off minor league hockey jersey, but it IS historically significant. Coupled with the Carolina Panthers, it is responsible for moving the NFL from the classic style of its entire history to the swooshes, angles, and other eccentricities we see on uniforms today. And if that's not bad enough, it's the uniform that launched a thousand ugly high school and college football programs across the country.

It's mildly aesthetically pleasing, but for long-term historical damage, I think the 1997 Denver Broncos uniform needs to be in the conversation.

Amen!

3421596.jpg

pesis2.JPG

pesis1_330px.jpg

Those pix got me doing a google... found this on pespallo (Finnish baseball). . Check it out. Instead of a DH they have a spot in the batting order called a "joker" that is why they have the Harlequin pattern.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Aussie Rules has it's shockers:

Fugly2007.gif

Special mention has to go to these 1933 Hawthorn jumpers:

EPooleHaw.JPG

They were a mustard/gold with a brown vee, but the impressive thing about these beauties is the coach (Fred Phillips) pulled one on, however his arm had an open wound. The dye from the jumpers infected the wound, and he DIED of septicemia (blood poisoning) from the jumper.

Not surprisingly, they only wore them the one year.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

personally one of my favourites but generally never fails to shock.

if youre wondering, the jersey is described as: claret, grey, chocolate and pail blue quarters with black and green trim.

300_x_350_harlequins.jpg

Harlequins Rugby Club have been playing in those colors since 1870.

doesn't mean it's good, man.

Well in 1870 they didn't have the bright dyes we have today. Keeping the old colors is called tradition, man. :rolleyes:

How about this one?

Well of course. It's not a grey-facemasked, plain striped jersey, thus rendering it less than holy. Swooshes, angles and other such design elements should be entirely outlawed as a blasphemy against the Holy Order of the Vanilla.

How about this one?

Well of course. It's not a grey-facemasked, plain striped jersey, thus rendering it less than holy. Swooshes, angles and other such design elements should be entirely outlawed as a blasphemy against the Holy Order of the Vanilla.

I think you missed his point dude. It spawned some good uniforms, but for the most part it inspired crap like the minnesota vikings uniforms and Cincinnati Bengals and launched us into the age of side stripes and piping. While some of those uniforms pull it off, I agree the Denver Broncos started a bad age in football uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

How about this one?

I think you missed his point dude. It spawned some good uniforms, but for the most part it inspired crap like the minnesota vikings uniforms and Cincinnati Bengals and launched us into the age of side stripes and piping. While some of those uniforms pull it off, I agree the Denver Broncos started a bad age in football uniforms.

Well, dude, mayhaps the problem here is your presupposition that the age of side stripes and piping is a bad thing. Your broad-brush condemnation of newer designs is by no means a universal, as you and your bretheren seem to purport by casting aside the likes of Cincy, Minnesota, et al as some sort of abomination. These updates, while not always successful, mark an evolution that has broken the typical design patterns that had repeated themselves to the point of boredom. Suggesting this development was something bad simply highlights the tendency of some to cling blindly to old paradigms in design simply because "that's how we've always done it."

This is how design, across every platform, moves forward.

Archived