Seattle Sounders FC Jersey

You know, looking at it again, I'm actually warming up to it. The color isn't as disgusting as I first thought, and also, it'll look really good to have a large crowd wearing that color. Also, it's just nice that, like DallasSports said, it isn't a generic blue and/or red uniform.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jersey looks good for a quick mock-up...colors work well together...I like it.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

That..................is ugly.

Hate the shade of green.

Hate the position of the stripes.

Hate side panels.

Really, really hate the collar.

Hate how there's little divisions throughout the jersey so it looks like someone stitched together little pieces.

Oh well.

Dude... Be quiet. So full of freaking hate. You know, if you hate it so much, then go buy one the 102,123,123,390 blue and red jerseys in the MLS. This is unique.

You know, I hope the sales for this jersey is really high. If so, then maybe more and more teams will expand from their typical blue and red kit. Bring some uniqueness into the mix! I might have to buy one, even though I'm an FC Dallas fan.

Uniqueness. I agree. Would be cool if most all teams, as much as possible, had their own unique color scheme. You see it in little league where there is a green team, red team, blue team, yellow team, etc. I know there aren't as many good colors as teams but a lean in that direction would be refreshing.

With this unique green, people flipping through the channels, at a glance, will know that the Sounders are playing when they see that green. To me, that is a very successful design element.

Of course they will. And whatever they call the new console will appear on the front of the Sounders' jerseys.

That doesn't mean the agreement will somehow end. Think of it as a shirt-sponsor version of Pac Bell Park/SBC Park/AT&T Park - the naming agreement wasn't invalidated just because the company changed names a couple times.

The Seattle Times said today they would be available in November, which seems odd. They have the jerseys now, why not make them available for purchase right away? If they need time to make enough, it would have made more sense to delay the unvailing. How many people at the event yesterday would have snatched one up right there?

As for the USL team, I though they were moving a bit north to the Everett area after this season. I never heard that they were folding.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Dude... Be quiet. So full of freaking hate. You know, if you hate it so much, then go buy one the 102,123,123,390 blue and red jerseys in the MLS. This is unique.

Oh please. I actually like the fact that they went with green I'm just not too fond of the shade they went with.

As for the USL team, I though they were moving a bit north to the Everett area after this season. I never heard that they were folding.

There have been a few rumors about where the current Sounders franchise will end up, including Tacoma and Kitsap County. It's not out of the realm of possibility that it will just fold.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

There have been a few rumors about where the current Sounders franchise will end up, including Tacoma and Kitsap County. It's not out of the realm of possibility that it will just fold.

It may have changed but from what I heard at the beginning was that the current Sounders would be folded into the MLS team (players, FO personel, etc...). This way the SSFC could still keep the Sounders (NASL, USL) records and history without a hicup.

Things may have changed but I think that's what is going to happen.

The players are not guaranteed to be brought into the MLS club, though they do have a window where they are allowed to sign players from the USL team.. Only one is signed to an MLS contract at this point, Sebastien LeToux.

It was presumed early on that the USL franchise would be folded, but there's been a lot of more recent talk about keeping a USL-1 team in the area.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So the plan is to just block off the upper bowl with giant Xbox ads? I guess that makes sense, but it looks terribly bush league.

I'm a little annoyed. I was right by Qwest Field Wednesday morning, but apparently missed the giant jersey being rolled out by an hour. It would have been neat to see that in person.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I love it. I love it I love it I love it. I'm a Sounders fan now that there's an MLS team in the northwest, especially if I end up moving to Seattle.

even though the colors are almost identical to the shades of green and blue that are used by the Seahawks, the Squawks use the blue much, much more, so going for the green is great. I hope the away kit is white, or even black - don't go for the flip, that's crappy because there are so many blue teams in the league right now. Do white with blue shorts (so you can mix and match a bit) or something else, but not a blue top please.

and I'd imagine the Sounders will appear sponsor-less in non-Xbox versions of FIFA (or any other video games, though probably just FIFA). It's what happened when Arsenal FC from England were sponsored by Sega Dreamcast for a few years. (Note what they did to the cover in one territory, that's an Arsenal shirt but with Henry's number 14 on the front as if it were a national team jersey. No Nike sponsorship either).

I'm really glad we're getting a team in the league I can support (unless I move somewhere else!) and they're coming in with a big sponsor. That's ace.

harperdc.gif

I'm mixed on the green, but wouldnt mind the change being the shale blue shirt and shorts with the sounder blue (or green) socks. itd be nice to never see a change see the light of day given theres no need for one as it was previously mentioned.

Archived