2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes until official unveiling. There was a post earlier with replicas, but here are the authentics. They went with the Atlanta/Minnesota back-of-the-neck-captured logo for the newly-flattened secondary crown logo.

I still don't understand city name on homes, nickname on roads. That's gonna look terrible.

Also, whats with the knife-blade side panels. I think they tried to update something that didnt need updating and screwed it up. Downgrade IMO

Azzuri.gif

A white wordmark on a white jersey? Um well....at least it's consistent with the road jersey.

Seriously, I think the team tried a bunch of new things just for kicks. They wanted to be different without enough care for appeal. There's no way in hell those jerseys will last beyond 5 years.

A white wordmark on a white jersey? Um well....at least it's consistent with the road jersey.

Seriously, I think the team tried a bunch of new things just for kicks. They wanted to be different without enough care for appeal. There's no way in hell those jerseys will last beyond 5 years.

I feel thats a common trend in the NBA lately. Change for the sake of change. I dig the new hornets look, but did they really need to change? same with the magic, IMO they never should have switched from the T-Mac era unis. All in all i'm just not a fan of what the NBA teams have been doing lately.

Azzuri.gif

I think Silver on White would be more consistent with Black on Purple, but I get what you are saying. For some inexplicable reason they thought this would be a good idea. I wish I could call up the Maloofs and ask them.

It's all about the name on the back, not the name on the front...

Regarding the OKC court, it still looks like the generic one for the arena. I doubt that the court design has even been decided on.

I'm wondering if the wordmark choice on the Kings' home was more of a reassurance to the Sacramento community, possibly to divert attention from a possible move in the next few years to Las Vegas, Anaheim, KC, etc, since ARCO's a pretty small arena, and isn't exactly on par with other NBA arenas.

VmWIn6B.png

I think OKC, ironically enough, will endure a situation similar to the Hornets. I think that they had to put something together quickly after the move for the upcoming season and in a couple of years they will probably change again. The Hornets were fortunate enough that they didn't have to go through an identity change. All they did was add gold and a few weak secondary logos. As for there uniforms, they were cool but very plain and simple. The Grizzlies were also like that except they didn't really make any changes at first.

2623arr.jpg

I think OKC, ironically enough, will endure a situation similar to the Hornets. I think that they had to put something together quickly after the move for the upcoming season and in a couple of years they will probably change again. The Hornets were fortunate enough that they didn't have to go through an identity change. All they did was add gold and a few weak secondary logos. As for there uniforms, they were cool but very plain and simple.

Still, they could have come up with something better than what they did. Even if they moved overnight they could have come up with a better logo and color set. The uniforms are ok, and your point might work there, but the logo is absolute trash

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I think OKC, ironically enough, will endure a situation similar to the Hornets. I think that they had to put something together quickly after the move for the upcoming season and in a couple of years they will probably change again. The Hornets were fortunate enough that they didn't have to go through an identity change. All they did was add gold and a few weak secondary logos. As for there uniforms, they were cool but very plain and simple. The Grizzlies were also like that except they didn't really make any changes at first.

The problem may have been that they haven't decided on a team name. They hired some good graphic designers, yes they aren't as foolish as they appear to be. The logo was designed beforehand. All 5 potential names had their own curved wordmark in that font the team uses. Once OKC finally settled for an official name, the winner would be stickered on top of an already existing shield logo and that's how the story ends.

If my paragraph above is false, I'll take back the part where I said the designers aren't foolish. That would mean they are completely ignorant.

Archived