2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't today the big day for OKC? The unis AAO came up with, though only speculation based off of limited views of a video game, are simple and seem to somewhat give a view of decency, however the slimmest of glimpses, still doesn't salvage the piece of crap that they've already dropped on us. And the "Oklahoma City" wordmark on the roads just really looks bad now after seeing it on a uniform, and that's from the wordmark standpoint, not the execution by Ian.

I actually like the design of the uniforms. Not the wordmarks, the color choices, not the shorts logo, and not even really the number font(though it is decent), but the layout of the uniform. I like how simple it is, and how it reminds me of older style uniforms. Thats all.

Why isn't there orange trim on the roads where there is on the homes? That bugs me.

Also bad: stacking OKLAHOMA CITY over the number instead of putting CITY beneath the number, yet another double-blue team, a color scheme that isn't readily representative of anything, a typeface that isn't readily representative of anything, the same default varsity-serif lettering that every NBA jersey seems to use whether it makes any sense in the rest of the design or not. I don't know why more teams don't try to make this aspect of the design fit a little better. Radial-arched single-layer varsity serif on the Bobcats' jersey with those big fancy italic numbers is the worst ever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was really hoping that they would go the route of putting Oklahoma above the number and City below it. Some might say that looks too much like a college jersey or whatever, but I think the Hornets pulled it off well in their brief stint there. It just looks to crowded near the top of that away jersey. I like the simple design, but again, the colors scream "happy, sun-shiney day" instead of Thunder. Hopefully they realize that soon and get to changing their colors

That double-stacked road wordmark is every bit as horrendous as the early leaks suggested. "City" should definitely either be under the numbers, or an extra narrow font in one line across the top.

Other than that, everything about this screams "Generic NBA Uniform!", right down to the double blues. It comes across as something out of NBA Live Create-A-Team.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

While the simple uniform design is a little refreshing, this set is still completely uninspired and mismashed-up. Look:

HOMES

Wordmark/Numbers: Light Blue trimmed in white and red

Side panels: Light blue trimmed in yellow and red (why does the wordmark have a white trim instead of yellow so it would match-up?)

Arm-holes and Neck trimming: Navy/yellow/red (all of a sudden there's navy, yet the "trianle" is light blue, which looks awkwardly placed with the other colors of the neck area.)

AWAYS

Wordmark/Numerals: White trimmed in light blue and navy (why no yellow or red in the trim?)

Side panels: Navy trimmed in yellow and red

Arm-Holes and Neck trimming: Navy/yellow/red (the only time 2 elements of either uniform actually matches up and the triangle here is orange, which at least goes with the colors in the trim, unlike on the homes.)

This is what happens when you have too many colors and decide to try and get them all in there. Nothing matches and everything looks uncoordinated with everything else.

And though I didn't list it, I assume the trim on the bottom of the shorts matches the trim around the arm and neck holes, like AAO shows on his mock-up.

Archived