2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

A) I turned 21 about 3 months ago.

B) That's generally when I stopped drinking. Although, tonight was my cousin's 21st and well, consequently i've had a few.

C) I knew I'd offend some people, but take it light heartedly instead of taking it as the sequel to 9-11.

D) Yeah I need to grow up a little. I throw in the towel with that.

E) Waa-Waa, I changed my stupid post to '...makes me more aggravated than Tiger Woods missing a 4-foot put'.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a section from yesterday's San Francisco Chronicle article about the construction of the new eastern span of the Bay Bridge:

The Golden State Warriors basketball team, often maligned for not identifying its hometown of Oakland in its name, is considering a new uniform design that would incorporate a sketch of the span, much like the classic "The City" uniforms with an image of the Golden Gate Bridge that the team sported as the San Francisco Warriors.

I had a Warriors concept in mind that used the towers of the Golden Gate Bridge as side panels. That's SF and not Oakland but oh well.

I don't get it, by the way. That's not even "aggravating." That's traumatic and life-changing. "Aggravating" is a kid that stands outside your house practicing the baritone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

B) That's generally when I stopped drinking. Although, tonight was my cousin's 21st and well, consequently i've had a few.

C) I knew I'd offend some people, but take it light heartedly instead of taking it as the sequel to 9-11.

D) Yeah I need to grow up a little. I throw in the towel with that.

E) Waa-Waa, I changed my stupid post to '...makes me more aggravated than Tiger Woods missing a 4-foot put'.

A. Saying you're young is no excuse if you expect your work and persona to command the respect of adults around you.

B. So now you're blaming alcohol. Maybe you should go into rehab, like everyone else who thinks they're famous and attempts to sidestep the problem at hand. Or, since you stopped, perhaps you should drink more and mellow out. Might help your concepts.

C. There's often a fine line between offensive humor and just being offensive. Guess which side you've been on. By a wide margin.

D. Correct, but I have yet to see this towel of which you speak.

E. And I'm sure if other people through could type over stupid, offensive things they've said over the years, and pretend to make them disappear retroactively, they would. Doesn't mean they didn't say them or mean them the first time.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You're kidding, right? City name in WHITE on the home? Team name on the road? Wow, that sucks. The road looks OK (too dark, though) but the home looks like trash.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's . . . confusing as to why they'd do that. And I really hope the real ones don't have black numbers on the roads.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I think I knew that it was inappropriate to make fun of a kid with downs-syndrome about the time that I learned that downs syndrome existed.

You being 21 isn't an excuse for being young...its telling me you defiantly should have known better by now. We do some stupid stuff when we're in our early 20s, but its not a blanket excuse for any and all behavior. Everytime you have one of your nasty little explosions you have an excuse for it. "I just got back from the DMV..." "I drank too much..." "My logo was rejected...". Stop. Own up and change.

Just take a break...rebrand your "firm"...and stop making excuses.

Those shoes look like they're for the Nuggets or Grizzlies.

I'm not crazy about these uniforms. Something about them looks cheap and tacky. What was wrong with the old color scheme? That old typeface was illegible and ugly, yeah totally, but the teal/yellow/purple looked much better and made more sense for New Orleans than "creole blue," even if it does have "creole" in the name.

I like the direction that the Kings are taking. Illegibility is the new legibility, baby. More cowbell.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Any chance these are real? Or maybe 2K just created their own jerseys/court for OKC until the real ones are unveiled.

NBA 2K9 (Beta) Bulls vs Thunder: http://vimeo.com/1823119

I can't get over the fact that the announcer said Oklahoma City Squad.

At first glance, the Thunder home uniforms look like the Wizards.

Reminds me of:

tp5hbzjofxe5rddsghw23fhve.gif

okc1.png

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the screenshots -- but I thought the Thunder would be using a pastel/royal blue-type color as their primary, not teal. I still don't understand what kind of identity they're really going for, and Im not sure if I ever will. :wacko:

6uXNWAo.png

yeah, i'd say those OKC jerseys are pretty close to the realness because of the same number font as the Walmart pic someone showed before...and 2k9 was almost completely right with most of the other "leaks", so i'd say they're correct.

looks damn uninspired to me from a design standpoint, but then again, what did we expect?

also, curty, that IS the bright blue for the main color of the side panels, i think the video cap of the game just makes it look tealish.

3 comments:

1. Kings jerseys: very unusual to have city on homes & name on roads. Also very unusual to have black #s trimmed in dark purple. I do like the side panels though.

2. Thunder jerseys: very appropriate comparison to the old Pistons jerseys. Most likely just ripped off the idea. Keeping in line with the logo & colors, the template of the jerseys seems very uninspired & cookie-cutter.

3. Thunder court: bland. Again, very uninspired design. No alternate logos. This entire identity is a lost cause. I like the name (I've lived in OKC & the thunder there is impressive), but the logo, colors, jerseys, & court are all very disappointing.

okc-1.png

ujsignature.png

Archived