2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

Looks like Rafael Araujo... infamous garbage pick by Rob Babcock and the Raptors a few years back.

I dont remember Araujo having tatoos like that though...he's somewhat of a local talent actually, I live about ten minutes from the BYU campus. I watched him alot in college and i swear i dont remember the tatoos...IDK thoguh im not sure haha.

How could you not remember the whole drama of Hoffa and his tattoos when he played at BYU? Especially since you live so close to the BYU campus. It was pretty much talked about all the time in church, BYU, and any conversation of Utah-BYU.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like Rafael Araujo... infamous garbage pick by Rob Babcock and the Raptors a few years back.

I dont remember Araujo having tatoos like that though...he's somewhat of a local talent actually, I live about ten minutes from the BYU campus. I watched him alot in college and i swear i dont remember the tatoos...IDK thoguh im not sure haha.

How could you not remember the whole drama of Hoffa and his tattoos when he played at BYU? Especially since you live so close to the BYU campus. It was pretty much talked about all the time in church, BYU, and any conversation of Utah-BYU.

To be honest actually it could be becaue I was much younger then, probably around 12-13. I never did hear anything about his tatoos, I seriously cant remember a thing. It also it probably dosent help that im a Ute fan :P but i guess it was that way then, i stand corrected. I'm glad you remember haha :D

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I think Araujo is just a camp body...

I actually really like those Thunder home uniforms. Once you put aside the inanity of pastel colors with the name "Thunder", the color scheme is bright and fairly unique. The home uniforms accomplish that well, but those roads really look pretty bad.

I see the resemblance to the Warriors homes but the blue being so light makes it different enough IMO - they really do remind me of those pre-LeBron Cavs jerseys, which actually was a fairly unique and decent scheme, I think - I just hated them since they were so off from the orange/blue Cavs tradition I grew up with as well as the previous wine/gold tradition. Actually that batch was a major improvement for the Cavs, but it was still too reminsicent of the abstract shape Fratello era uniform. Man I hated those.

Actually, weren't the two worst uniform sets in NBA history the shooting star Sixers and those late 90's Cavs? Both featuring oblique curved stripes...

OklahomaCityThunder_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

DetroitPistons_FRC_2001_SOL_SRGB.jpg

Wow, they called that teal Pistons green? Interesting.

Man, the 90s were awful, with that era of teams just tossing traditional colors and designs in the garbage. Detroit, Houston, and to a certain extent Cleveland and Seattle (the red alternates, I hated those.) Milwaukee certainly counts too although for some reason I didn't think they were so bad.

I think the only team that hasn't "corrected" itself is Philadelphia. Houston's red/silver is sharp and close enough. Denver has had a million different colors over the years, it's no crime that they don't have red in the mix anymore. The Grizzlies didn't have enough tradition for their switch to matter.

Dallas could use a little green still, but at leats it's on the alts, and they were young enough I guess it's ok for them to get new colors. Same with the Kings, establishing a new tradition. I guess Washington is excused since they have a new entire identity.

Utah is still in the wrong colors, but could be ok if they used the purple more. And I forgot Atlanta, that blue is completely wrong for them....

They really and truly now look like an NBDL team. My estimated uniform renders were right.

Hmm, I was actually thinking WNBA -- but D-League works too. ^_^

I really am okay with the lettering and fonts and the sort, but those colors are just wrong. Needs more darkness and less of a rainbow scheme.

6uXNWAo.png

I was checking NBA.com & apparently Corey Maggette & Ronny Turiaf got traded to the Thunder! [consults transaction history & jersey unveiling schedule] My mistake. They're on the Warriors still.

Oh, & if you look closely, you can see Allan Houston's walker in the corner of the picture w/ Jamal Crawford.

As a BYU alum, I'm disappointed in Hoffa. Diet Pepsi right there on your new jersey. You'll only have it until the season tips so I guess it's no big deal.

12 new jerseys for this year & here's how they stack up against the now-80 total jerseys in the League:

#1 Magic home

#6 T'Wolves home

#7 Magic away

#8 Raptors alternate

#13 Hornets home

#14 Kings home

#25 Kings away

#26 T'Wolves away

#39 Thunder away

#46 Hornets away

#61 Thunder home

#69 Bucks alternate