Celtics vs. Lakers

Mac the Knife

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll watch the series, but can't stand the Lakers, not a Celtics fan, but I am a KG fan, I will be rooting for the Celtics just to see him win his first championship

For Boston, you have KG, Ray-Ray, and the Truth searching for their first ring, the Cinderella story that is Leon Powe, and Sam I Am winning a ring in his final year.

Cassell is calling it a career for sure after the Finals? Something tells me he's not going away anytime soon.

As far predictions go... Boston over Los Angeles in six, Garnett takes home MVP honors, and Chowd Nation celebrates another pro championship.

6uXNWAo.png

For Boston, you have KG, Ray-Ray, and the Truth searching for their first ring, the Cinderella story that is Leon Powe, and Sam I Am winning a ring in his final year.

Cassell is calling it a career for sure after the Finals? Something tells me he's not going away anytime soon.

If the C's don't win it this year or the next, they're not gonna get it anytime soon. They basically mortgaged their future with that trade, and they aren't getting any younger. So Cassell might wanna try and get another ring with this talented team right now.

Man...seeing the Celtics go from a lottery team to potential NBA champs makes me wanna cry. I mean the Clippers/Hawks/Grizzlies have been trying to do this for years now and still suck. It's every teams dream, regardless of the sport to do what the Celtics did. And as Raptors fan, its a bitter pill to swallow, because we thought we could potentially run the Atlantic division for the next few years...but we took a step back...which is another story altogether. But anywho, I'm interested to see just how good Boston's defense really is.

I'd say 6 or 7 games, but don't know who'll win.

We'll see how much longer the Celts can carry "Ray-Ray", who really hasn't bothered to show up.

He's averaging a respectable 14.2 PPG (he averaged 17.5 PPG in the Conference finals), shooting 34% from behind the arc (last round he has 39.3%), and he's 93.5% from the charity stripe. I'd say, considering the fact that he's the third option in the Celtics' offense, that's pretty good.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

So, if you go over to ESPN.com, they have a new poll up. "How big is this Series?"

1. Bigger than the Super Bowl

2. On par with the Super Bowl

3. Less than the Super Bowl

Are :censored:ing kidding me?? At least America is voting right, for less than the Super Bowl. Just that fact that ESPN even thinks this is ridiculous.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

So, if you go over to ESPN.com, they have a new poll up. "How big is this Series?"

Are :censored:ing kidding me?? At least America is voting right, for less than the Super Bowl. Just that fact that ESPN even thinks this is ridiculous.

Yes but this is Boston we're talking about here.... heck, even if the Sox and Yanks were both 0-40 going into a June matchup, ESPN would still hype it more than, say, the Cup Finals, or any non-Celtic/Laker/LeBron/Nash finals

espnsig.gif

Yes but this is Boston we're talking about here.... heck, even if the Sox and Yanks were both 0-40 going into a June matchup, ESPN would still hype it more than, say, the Cup Finals, or any non-Celtic/Laker/LeBron/Nash Shaq finals

Fixed

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

We'll see how much longer the Celts can carry "Ray-Ray", who really hasn't bothered to show up.

He's averaging a respectable 14.2 PPG (he averaged 17.5 PPG in the Conference finals), shooting 34% from behind the arc (last round he has 39.3%), and he's 93.5% from the charity stripe. I'd say, considering the fact that he's the third option in the Celtics' offense, that's pretty good.

You kiddin' me? Aside from game 5 against the Pistons, he's been invisible:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/ce...g_like_himself/

And that is precisely why I am avoiding all things ESPN until the Finals are over, ABC/ESPN notwithstanding.

Archived