Tribal Tattoo Inspired U.S. Women's Basketball Uniform for 2008 Olympics

illini1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like them...

Well, you're a flaming douche bag.

How long did it take you to come up with that? Its very original.

I spent all day thinking about it.

Well Im not surprised, you seem to have nothing better to do.

Ladies, take it outside.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I like them...

You said this in another thread too, and if you're posting on an internet forum about sports logos, you probably have nothing better to do either.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Not a fan. Wacky sublimation and same-color-as-the-jersey NOBs? No.

If it makes kids buy them, and care about the team and games, they might be almost okay...but seriously, what are the odds of that?

For the record, I consider the US Senior Women's National Team my personal favorite team of all sports. My cousin was a star at Vandy, and watching her games then led me to become one of the 352 WNBA fans who will admit to being WNBA fans. I also love Sue Bird, and by watching her Team USA games I kinda got to watch this team grow up. (It also helps that I knew most of my HS women's team and did play by play for a bunch of their games, and they just won state a year ago; and I go to MTSU, where our women's team is better than our men's hoops or football teams.)

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

I like them...

It's kind of obvious that none of us have anything better to do. That's why we're here. Duh.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

While I tend to agree with the W T F remarks about the tribal pattern, I like alot of the other elements of the jerseys. One thing I really like is the use of silver. Does anyone know if any of our olympic teams haves used this is their uniforms before?

KUHawks.png

Our U.S. uniforms -- both men's and women's -- have usually been very plain. Just a USA (or U.S.A.) or the full USA Basketball logo and the number.

Usually, what the women do, the men do as well, except the men have blue and the women wear red. Therefore I would anticipate our men wearing something very similar, but in blue.

Oddly, these uniforms aren't in the USA Basketball shop.

And when you meant life,on the tattoo...

It meant "Im the reciver."

I can't understand what you're trying to say due to your atrocious spelling and indecipherable sentence structure. Please learn how to type correctly, then try to make a joke.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

And when you meant life,on the tattoo...

It meant "Im the reciver."

I can't understand what you're trying to say due to your atrocious spelling and indecipherable sentence structure. Please learn how to type correctly, then try to make a joke.

Better yet - don't make any more jokes.

Ever.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's idiotic. Maybe this would work if it were for the U.S. Somoa baseketball team or something, but why would a design like this be used for the USA? It would be one thing if the sublimated design were some stars or stripes or whatever, but this just looks trashy.

The contrast between the front and back is really odd to me. The back is wild and elaborate, the front simple. It's the first Jekyll and Hyde jersey ever created!

Or perhaps both sides have the same pattern but the flash hit the back just right that the contrast was more visable.

Or maybe you're right and the fronts and backs are very different.

I don't hate them that much. In a way I think its kinda cool to pick some designs that "honor" the host country. It would have been much better if this had been an ongoing thing and not just this year. Perhaps had they done something that featured Greece in '04, Austrailia in '00, Atlanta in '96, etc. it would have worked a bit better.

I think if its truly subtle I like it. But if its that much of a contrast, I really don't.

Archived