Tribal Tattoo Inspired U.S. Women's Basketball Uniform for 2008 Olympics

illini1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tibal tattoo? What tribe are they part of?

Dear god are those ugly. Really, those are just terrible. Worse than some European designs.

Also, look at the look on coach's face. Priceless.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I hope this isn't a hint of what the men's basketball uniforms will look like.

Nope. The men will have barbed wire and the Chinese symbol for "life".

I hope this isn't a hint of what the men's basketball uniforms will look like.

Nope. The men will have barbed wire and the Chinese symbol for "life".

genius.

americans really seem to have taken david beckham and his ideas about culturally inappropriate tattoos to your hearts.

i love the combination of maori moko, norse tribal and celtic pagan imagery. if you look close theres even a little star at the

bottom for the kids.

however, somehow this really does seem to convey a real sense of the great american yearning for culture whilst simultaneously

adopting and butchering everyone elses. i guess in that sense, this truly does reflect the usa.

:censored:en hell, that reads a bit harsh eh!

These are terrible...however I have to say thanks for the post since I'm sure most of us would never see them in action. Do women's olympic basketball games have better or worse ratings than WNBA games?

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I was just thinking the nonsensical pattern looked like Nick1733's avatar.

I was also thinking Diana Taurasi could star as Carrie Bradshaw in a local production of "Sex and the City," but that's neither here nor there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think it really is supposed to just be a representation of China. The style may cause it to look like stuff from other cultures but IMO it is a good look for everything but the nameplates. Unfortunatley they won't listen or fix it before the games start.

Tibal tattoo? What tribe are they part of?

[Dwight] Amazons! [/Dwight]

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I think it really is supposed to just be a representation of China. The style may cause it to look like stuff from other cultures but IMO it is a good look for everything but the nameplates. Unfortunatley they won't listen or fix it before the games start.

If they were aiming to reference Chinese culture, they missed and came closer to Aztec culture. They look closer to these Mexico World Cup jerseys.

_41682588_kitmexico98jesusramirez220.jpg

Archived