2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

I'm getting the same feeling from the Tampa Bay Lightning, that I got from the 2003-04 Colorado Avalanche. Signing some big names, but in the end, they'll probably not accomplish their ultimate goal of a Cup.

You read my mind!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lightning strikes again... TB acquired the rights to Brian Rolston from the Minnesota Wild for a conditional pick in '09 or '10.

If Rolston agrees to sign, we may see Lecavalier, Stamkos, Rolston as centremen for their top 3 lines. Not too shabby... :lol:

I guess it helps when your starting goaltender won't even have a $1 million cap hit for the coming season.

They traded Rolston for a damn pick?? arrrgh.

You do know Rolston is going to be a free agent later this summer, right?

The Wild were probably unable to lock him into a new contract, so they got a draft pick from out of it instead of losing him for nothing.

Yeah, but I was hoping for a player who could help now.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Lightning strikes again... TB acquired the rights to Brian Rolston from the Minnesota Wild for a conditional pick in '09 or '10.

If Rolston agrees to sign, we may see Lecavalier, Stamkos, Rolston as centremen for their top 3 lines. Not too shabby... :lol:

I guess it helps when your starting goaltender won't even have a $1 million cap hit for the coming season.

The Wild were probably unable to lock him into a new contract, so they got a draft pick from out of it instead of losing him for nothing.

Now one is going to trade a player for someone set to become a UFA in less than 48 hours. If a current player was the asking price the team wanting Rolston would just wait to days and attempt to sign him then. The fact that they got a 4th even if they don't sign him is impressive.

Now one is going to trade a player for someone set to become a UFA in less than 48 hours. If a current player was the asking price the team wanting Rolston would just wait to days and attempt to sign him then. The fact that they got a 4th even if they don't sign him is impressive.

I'm just complaining, leave me alone! :P

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Tampa can add all the offense they want, they dont get a goalie theyre screwed. we in the SE Division hope they go after Jose Theodore, and only since he can perform in contract years, i think a multi year deal is in order.

People are underrating Mike Smith, he was a very good backup in Dallas and along with a good veteran backup ie Olif Kolzig, they could be real good.

Olie wont back up anywhere, hes already said hes comfortable retiring unless he gets an offer to be someones starting goalie. and maybe we are underrating Mike Smith, but you said he was a very good backup, not proven starting goalie. i hope Melrose has the goods to get all these new players to gel, for Tampas sake at least.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I just really hope Campbell doesn't already have his mind made up about an East Coast team. He's just what the Hawks need.

I heard rumors that he wants to sign with a team is the East because of family reasons.

Personally I think he should stay in San Jose, he played well there

spezzaheatley1.png

:censored:.

I really wanted to see him in a Canucks uniform; moved to the wing, he'd be a perfect linemate for Sedin and Sedin.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Combine that with Orpik and Hossa wanting ot test the free agency waters, and things just get worse fo rthe penguins. Thats two, possibly four, HUGE peices leaving.
The Bruins have too much young blood to not do well sometime soon.
And an owner who refuses to spend a little extra money which prevents his team from doing well.

OK, if Chiarelli can convince Hossa, Orpik (BC connections), or both to come here, and Jacobs to spend a friggin' dollar to pay for them, I will buy season tickets.

(Not really. But you know how insanely awesome that would be. Kind of like Randy Moss being a Patriot, or KG becoming a Celtic! Ha!

Oh wait... ;))

And yes, Glen Murray is expendable to make cap room. Please buy him out.

Theres no doubt Jacobs is going to spend to the cap. He hasn't been a bad owner since the lockout, the B's were just stuck that first season after the lockout with Mike O'Connell.

Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow, Hossa is a Boston Bruin. Or sometime over the course tomorrow.

These are my predictions for some of the big free agents

Sundin to Detroit

Hossa to Boston

Campbell to Ottawa (might be wishful thinking)

Redden to Edmonton

Sakic stays in Colorado

Jagr stays in New York

Demitra to Vancouver

Orpik to Chicago

Ray Emery to Tampa

Huet to Florida

Theodore to Washington

Naslund to Montreal

All I can think of right now.

Hi, how are you?

Ooh, Can I play??...

Forwards

Sundin to Montreal

Hossa to St. Louis

Sakic stays in Colorado

Jagr stays in NY Rangers

Naslund to Minnesota

Rolston stays in Tampa Bay

Federov to New Jersey

Straka to Washington

Satan to Ottawa

Huselius stays in Calgary

Vrbata to Boston

Demitra to Carolina

Shanahan to Philadelphia

Holik to NY Islanders

Recchi to Dallas

Tucker to Detroit

Ryder to Edmonton

Selanne stays in Anaheim

Forsberg retires

Defensemen

Campbell to Chicago

Redden to NY Rangers

Streit stays in Montreal

Hainsey stays in Columbus

Orpik to San Jose

Blake to Toronto

Chelios stays in Detroit

Goalies

Huet stays in Washington

Theodore to Edmonton

Kolzig to Colorado

Goons

Avery to Tampa Bay

Laraque to Montreal

McCarty retires

6uXNWAo.png

Ooh, Can I play??...

Forwards

Tucker to Detroit

I swear, if the Wings sign Tucker I will personally drive to Joe Louis Arena and smack Ken Holland upside the head.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

These are my predictions for some of the big free agents

Sundin to Detroit

Hossa to Boston

Campbell to Ottawa (might be wishful thinking)

Redden to Edmonton

Sakic stays in Colorado

Jagr stays in New York

Demitra to Vancouver

Orpik to Chicago

Ray Emery to Tampa

Huet to Florida

Theodore to Washington

Naslund to Montreal

All I can think of right now.

I guess Vokun will serve as backup? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Ooh, Can I play??...

Forwards

Shanahan to Philadelphia

I'm not sure where the Flyers are going to get the cap room to make that happen. They just got rid of RJ Umberger for cap reasons, I'm certain that Shanahan will need to be paid more than him.

Stupid cap :mad:

(j/k)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ooh, Can I play??...

Forwards

Shanahan to Philadelphia

I'm not sure where the Flyers are going to get the cap room to make that happen. They just got rid of RJ Umberger for cap reasons, I'm certain that Shanahan will need to be paid more than him.

Stupid cap :mad:

(j/k)

Yeah, I don't see that happening. I think Umberger getting shipped out was making room to resign Carter (which they did), Lupul, and Upshall. I don't expect to see anyone else show up in Philly, other then the two defensemen they recently signed.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

The Edmonton Oilers have traded defenceman Joni Pitkanen, a restricted free agent, to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for forward Erik Cole. Details to follow.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Edmonton Oilers have traded defenceman Joni Pitkanen, a restricted free agent, to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for forward Erik Cole. Details to follow.

Great deal for the Oilers, I was hopping for a Cole for Bieksa trade. Vancouver better do something quick because the Oilers are looking good. I don't know why Carolina does this, Pitkanen is a bust and cant play D.

Archived