2008 Winter Classic at Wrigley

Waleslax

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about a Jumbotron? wrigley doesn't have one. They'll need to bring at least 2 in.

...why?

Wrigley doesn't change for you, you change for Wrigley.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

What I've been wondering was why the Red Wings did not go with this...

alternate_jersey-1992_big.jpg

Could anybody let me know what year these were used, besides the 1992 season??

Aside from the 91-92 NHL 75th Anniversary Season, they were worn once in 92-93 vs Chicago and that's it.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Looks like the best seats will be the outfield bleachers. Other that that, not the best view.

I would guess that setup was only for the photo ops. No reason to ruin the infield just for promotion. It would make much more sense to run the rink from the pitchers mound to the outfield so the grandstands would make up the sidelines.

Looks like the best seats will be the outfield bleachers. Other that that, not the best view.

I would guess that setup was only for the photo ops. No reason to ruin the infield just for promotion. It would make much more sense to run the rink from the pitchers mound to the outfield so the grandstands would make up the sidelines.

Thatd actually be worse, because then the outfield seats are ok, but going by the photos on the getty images site, the opper deck seats in the grandstand would still be awful far away. And, going by my experience at the last Winter Classic, almost all the lower tier infield seats will be very bad.

oBIgzrL.png

This might be a good time to bring in the on-field bleachers, like they did when Lambeau hosted a U of Wisconsin home game. Just block off everything in foul territory and set up bleachers in the infield.

Thats what I would have expected, place it in the infield and cover the outfield in temporary seating. Im hoping that was a just a mock up for the presser.

wrigleywinterclassic.jpg

So where does it say that these are the jerseys for the game? They're clearly photoshopped, and the logo at the bottom has the VS. television logo. I was pretty sure NBC was the only channel covering the game. If someone can prove me wrong, I'll shut my mouth and be disappointed that the Wings aren't in those striped jerseys.

Yeah, you're 100% right. I'm the one who photoshopped those jerseys. But from what I hear, the black hawks will wear jerseys like the ones from 1938...

BlackHawks4.gif

So, it would make sense if the Red Wings also wear a jersey from that time frame...

RedWings3.gif

I just put the jerseys into a Rbk Edge form.

classic1.jpgfaturd.png

I kind of find it weird putting it in a baseball stadium in general.

Football stadiums make sense because the seating bowl is generally the same shape as a hockey rink, just with a larger playing surface, but in a baseball stadium... not nearly the same shape.

Stadiums back then were built to accommodate both football and baseball. I'm pretty sure Wrigley used to have NFL games so I'm sure the ice surface will run the same way a football field did.

Was there any reason given on why they didn't use Soldier Field?

The Bears could conceivably have a home game on 1/4 if they win the division and don't get a bye.

Now it's only a matter of time before someone makes a joke involving "The Bears won't make it into the playoffs!".

^_^

A "joke" or an "accurate statement based on fact"?

Aside from the 91-92 NHL 75th Anniversary Season, they were worn once in 92-93 vs Chicago and that's it.

I thought it was the 1993-94 season.

The game was the back-end of a home-and-home and I recall it being in Chicago. If that's the case, then it was January 27, 1994. If I'm wrong about it being in Chicago then you're right about the season and it was December 29, 1992.

I thought it was the 1993-94 season.

The game was the back-end of a home-and-home and I recall it being in Chicago. If that's the case, then it was January 27, 1994. If I'm wrong about it being in Chicago then you're right about the season and it was December 29, 1992.

You're right, the Wings wore that jersey once in the 1993-94 season, in their next-to-last game at Chicago Stadium.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

This might have to be my first tattoo...

WinterClassicLogo.jpg

We have a winner. My god that logo's a beaut

The only thing I dont love is that the NHL shield isn't skewed with the rest of the logo. Its throwing off the perspective for me. If they weren't going to alter the shield, they should have made it smaller and less conspicuous.

The rest of the logo is sweet, although theres an awful lot going on, most of it works.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The only thing I dont love is that the NHL shield isn't skewed with the rest of the logo. Its throwing off the perspective for me. If they weren't going to alter the shield, they should have made it smaller and less conspicuous.

The rest of the logo is sweet, although theres an awful lot going on, most of it works.

Damn, you beat me to it. Other than that, it's sharp.

According to the Tribune today, they have not decided where the rink will sit in the stadium. Sox park would have been better for attending such a game, they have parking, better bathrooms, food, etc. But of course, everything is 'cooler' at Wrigley.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I kind of find it weird putting it in a baseball stadium in general.

Football stadiums make sense because the seating bowl is generally the same shape as a hockey rink, just with a larger playing surface, but in a baseball stadium... not nearly the same shape.

Stadiums back then were built to accommodate both football and baseball. I'm pretty sure Wrigley used to have NFL games so I'm sure the ice surface will run the same way a football field did.

The Bears played their home games at Wrigley Field until 1970. The football field ran from left field to first base and temporary stands were put up in right field.

Archived