New Orleans Hornets Color Comparison

TruColor

I have all of the new Hornets' Pantone colors now, so I can do a side-by-side comparison of the Hornets' colors; old to new.

Here is the old Teal compared to the new "Creole Blue":

NewOrleansHornetsTeal_2008_SOL_SRGB.jpgNewOrleansHornetsBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

And, here's the old Purple, compared to the newer Dark Purple:

NewOrleansHornetsPurple_2008_SOL_SR.jpgNewOrleansHornetsDarkPurple_9999_SO.jpg

...apparently, the Yellow/Gold (actually now called "Mardi Gras Gold") did NOT change:

NewOrleansHornetsYellow_9999_SOL_SR.jpg

However, the new "NOLA" logo - the one with the trumpet - uses a different Pantone color. Probably a mistake. There are so many in these files, nothing surprises me.

NewOrleansHornetsAltGold_9999_SOL_S.jpg

I have all of the new Hornets' Pantone colors now, so I can do a side-by-side comparison of the Hornets' colors; old to new.

Here is the old Teal compared to the new "Creole Blue":

NewOrleansHornetsTeal_2008_SOL_SRGB.jpgNewOrleansHornetsBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

Thanks, just updated the Hornets colour on site

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The new Hornets blue reminds me of the Wizards and Timberwolves blue. How about a comparison?

Minnesota Timberwolves Blue/Washington Wizards Blue (they use the exact same Pantone color) vs. the new New Orleans Hornets Blue:

MinnesotaTimberwolvesBlue_9999_SOL_.jpgNewOrleansHornetsBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

Creole Blue > Hornets Teal

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

However, the new "NOLA" logo - the one with the trumpet - uses a different Pantone color. Probably a mistake. There are so many in these files, nothing surprises me.

Any specific examples you can share?

Mostly just quality assurance-type issues with the files. I wish they'd hire me as a consultant (!). They tend to have some sloppy mistakes in them a lot of the times, like wrong Pantone swatches assigned to objects, or the usage of older, discontinued Pantone swatch libraries (the horrific 'CVC' libraries), or just multiple versions of the same color used within the file. Maybe there's a reason for some of these issues, but I think it's probably that they're under a time-crunch to get these things out the door.

The new Hornets blue reminds me of the Wizards and Timberwolves blue. How about a comparison?

Minnesota Timberwolves Blue/Washington Wizards Blue (they use the exact same Pantone color) vs. the new New Orleans Hornets Blue:

MinnesotaTimberwolvesBlue_9999_SOL_.jpgNewOrleansHornetsBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

I was reminded more of the Carolina Panthers' blue.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I just ran a couple of queries against my databases...the only other uses of the Hornets' new "Creole Blue" I have found anywhere (at least that I have recorded) have been by Tulane U. (both for their institutional and athletic colors) and it was used as an obscure accent color in the Arizona Super Bowl graphics package.

That's it.

You know, I'll be honest, when the new unis were posted here, I just didn't notice the difference in colors. Didn't even cross my mind.

But seeing them side by side, I can see it now, so thanks ColorWerx.

I think the step away from teal/purple and toward light blue/navy on the color wheel is probably a bad move considering all of the teams with that combo, but I don't think it's so far to call it a downgrade. The heavy dose of yellow on the roads helps, strangely enough.

ColorWerx, would that leave just Jacksonville Jaguars and San Jose Sharks as the lone remainders of a primary teal color?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived