NFL Power Rankings '08

Cujo

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. New York Giants (SB Champs always go 1st in the 1st poll)

2. San Diego Chargers

3. Dallas Cowboys

4. Indianapolis Colts

5. Jacksonville Jaguars

33. The gridlock the GOP convention is bringing about next week here in the Twin Cities.

Did you forget about the Patriots or are you trying to make some kind of a "statement?"

Like the one where he stated the Tampa Bay Rays would be last in their respected division?

What part of sarcasm do you have no comprehension of? OBTW.....

6. New England Patriots

You weren't being sarcastic then, and please give me a Jags-Pats or Giants-Pats game Week 1. (Hell, Giants or Jags vs. any other team in your top 5, even though they won the SB)

1. Patriots

2. Cowboys

3. Colts

4. Chargers

5. Steelers

6. Jaguars

7. Vikings

8. Browns

9. Giants

10. Eagles

28. Rams

29. Chiefs

30. Bears

31. Ravens

32. Dolphins

Not like any of this means :censored: though.

2. San Diego Chargers

3. Dallas Cowboys

4. Indianapolis Colts

5. Jacksonville Jaguars

33. The gridlock the GOP convention is bringing about next week here in the Twin Cities.

Did you forget about the Patriots or are you trying to make some kind of a "statement?"

Like the one where he stated the Tampa Bay Rays would be last in their respected division?

6. New England Patriots

You weren't being sarcastic then, and please give me a Jags-Pats or Giants-Pats game Week 1. (Hell, Giants or Jags vs. any other team in your top 5, even though they won the SB)

Now I could have totally misread but are you saying the Jags couldn't beat anyone in his top 5?

2. San Diego Chargers

3. Dallas Cowboys

4. Indianapolis Colts

5. Jacksonville Jaguars

6. New England Patriots

Now I could have totally misread but are you saying the Jags couldn't beat anyone in his top 5?

No, they most definitely could, but I'm saying if they played one of those teams in just one game I would certainly bet on the other team. It has been proven, anyone can beat anyone and the Jags are certainly capable.

• 2 weeks later...

You list makes no sense. The Bears beat the Colts in Indianapolis, but they're worse than them? Is the top five thread? If so,

1. Dallas

2. Philadelphia

3. Pittsburgh

4. Denver

5. Buffalo

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You list makes no sense. The Bears beat the Colts in Indianapolis, but they're worse than them?

I guess I'm treating my rankings similar to how college football does theirs to start off the season.

But really though, there are no rules, so go ahead and rank 'em however you please.

6uXNWAo.png

Week 1

1: Patriots

2: Colts

3: Cowboys

4: Chargers

5: Jaguars

6: Saints

7: Steelers

8: Giants

9: Packers

10: Vikings

---------------

28: Ravens

29: Chiefs

30: Rams

31: Falcons

32: Dolphins

Week 2

1: Cowboys

2: Steelers

3: Patriots

4: Saints

5: Packers

6: Eagles

7: Giants

8: Colts

9: Bills

10: Jets

---------------

28: Seahawks

29: Bengals

30: 49ers

31: Raiders

32: Rams

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Week 2

1. Pittsburgh (Easily the best performance of the week. What they did to an up and coming Texan defense was nothing short of brilliant)

2. Philadelphia (McNabb is back and guess what? He's got wideouts. Baskett, Jackson and Lewis all cracking 100, it looks like the one nagging issue has been solved)

3. Dallas (This is what a Super Bowl contender should do: Step it up against strong competition)

4. Chicago (Wait a second... The Bears scored 29 points? That's odd. What isn't odd is the return of that nasty defense)

5. Buffalo (Thanks to that beatdown of Seattle and Brady's ACL getting shredded like lettuce, the Bills may see a return to the glory days of the early 90's)

6. NY Giants (It wasn't the prettiest game of the week, but as long as you win, it doesn't matter how good it looks)

7. Indianapolis (OK. So that game can be chalked up to the rust on Manning, right?)

8. New England (Even when they do win, they still come out as the biggest loser of the week now that Brady is gone for the year)

9. Green Bay (No problem for Rodgers so far. Let's see how he handles a far weaker foe in the Kittens)

10. Baltimore (Flacco did just enough to make the Ravens look good against a somewhat hapless Bungals team)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28. Cincinnati (Ocho Cinco looked like Ocho Stinko and Carson Palmer looked like freaking Rick Mirer out there. If only there was a cure for this debacle)

29. Detroit (I don't care who you are, you do not give up 220 yards to a man that was L.T.'s backup at San Diego!)

30. San Francisco (They looked bad against Arizona, and now they'll become fresh meat to an angry Seattle team)

31. Houston (That was pathetic, guys. They got ran over by a far more physical team)

32. St. Louis (What excuse are we going to see from rams80 after that horror show in Philadelphia? That was purely crap on even more crap topped with... You guess it, more crap)

1. Pittsburgh

2. Dallas

3. Philadelphia

4. Buffalo

5. Green Bay

33. Torn ACL's everywhere

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

EDITED: I decide to go little more in depth with my power rankings. Looking at strength of schedule, points for, points against, etc, etc.

After Week 1

▲ Top Teams

⒈ Steelers

⒉ Cowboys

⒊ Eagles

⒋ Bears

⒌ Packers

⒍ Broncos

⒎ Bills

⒏ Giants

⒐ Panthers

⒑ Ravens