Ohio State helmet tweak

MG helmets

I've done a lot of college and pro concepts on my site, but always stayed away form Ohio State because I think they have one of the top 3 or 4 helmets in football.

But a visitor to my site asked me to make an OSU concept to see what it would look like. I like it more than I thought I would. Just thought I'd share.

osucncptde0.th.jpg

www.mghelmets.com

1) You don't mess with Ohio State's helmet. Period.

2) If you're going to, that is the way to do it. Great job, man!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

The problem is that you can't really have the "O" without the "SU". It looks great on its own, but I don't think that decal works for OSU.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The problem is that you can't really have the "O" without the "SU". It looks great on its own, but I don't think that decal works for OSU.

I disagree. The "O" is an official and long time logo of Ohio State. Nothing they have has OSU on it. All their logos have either just the O, or the words OHIO STATE in front of ithe O. Adding the SU to it would almost cheapen it a bit. Bold, simple and strong.

I've never seen a logo with OSU for Ohio State its just the O, I think it looks awesome. The only other logo Ive ever seen for them is The O with Ohio State written across it.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I disagree. The "O" is an official and long time logo of Ohio State. Nothing they have has OSU on it. All their logos have either just the O, or the words OHIO STATE in front of ithe O. Adding the SU to it would almost cheapen it a bit. Bold, simple and strong.

I've never seen a logo with OSU for Ohio State its just the O, I think it looks awesome. The only other logo Ive ever seen for them is The O with Ohio State written across it.

You guys would know better than me - admittedly, I've never really payed too much attention to Ohio State. I guess I'm just used to schools using the "*SU" in their monograms. Go with the "O" then - it looks great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've done a lot of college and pro concepts on my site, but always stayed away form Ohio State because I think they have one of the top 3 or 4 helmets in football.

But a visitor to my site asked me to make an OSU concept to see what it would look like. I like it more than I thought I would. Just thought I'd share.

osucncptde0.th.jpg

www.mghelmets.com

If OSU ever updates their update, I hope it looks like this. This would be a great update.

What about this one from the 80's?

osu.png

As for the concept, I'd like to see the arching "Ohio State" on there too.

spacer.png

I agree. This is one of the "Thou shalt not change ....." helmets.

But, if you're gonna, I like the simple O. Maybe you incorporate a sliver of the "buckeye on the helmet" tradition by using this logo:

41yNBEMegIL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Well obvously the buckeye award stickers would still be in effect, so no reason to include the buckeye leaf in the logo.

Normally a school with "State" in its name is seen as secondary to the school that bears only the state's name. But the Buckeyes play in Ohio Stadium and their marching band spells out "Ohio" during games.

Besides, they wouldn't be the only "State" that uses just one initial (Montana State comes to mind).

Normally a school with "State" in its name is seen as secondary to the school that bears only the state's name. But the Buckeyes play in Ohio Stadium and their marching band spells out "Ohio" during games.

Besides, they wouldn't be the only "State" that uses just one initial (Montana State comes to mind).

South Dakota State, as well.

Archived