Now that the Mets are moving into CitiField

SPORTSDOCTOR

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly the mention of a Mets uniform with black pins with a blue and orange trim combo - was actually provided to the Mets several years ago as a prototype - a jersey that the Mets actually requested. They never went forward with it however...obviously.

You know what would be a good alt the 1986 uniform.

I completely agree. Watching the ceremony the other day made me realize how nice the jerseys actually were.

MEN'S ASSES

haha.. I may be the only one that gets the joke, but thats awesome. For what its worth, BOB SAGET!!! is my text alert...

yesss tourettes guy <3

I laughed hysterically the first time I saw that. Then I really hoped that it was fake.

I don't know if you guys noticed but their jackets that are typically black with blue font are now blue with a black font so that might signal changes.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I don't know if you guys noticed but their jackets that are typically black with blue font are now blue with a black font so that might signal changes.

Actually they still wear the black with blue font. They just added the blue ones to wear when they wear their blue caps and accessories.

mets.png

Pretty easy what the Mets should do....

HOME- White jerseys, with blue pinstripes, solid blue cap OR blue jersey with solid blue cap.

ROAD- grey jersey, with black hat (blue bill) OR black jersey with black hat (blue bill).

4 different combos, with 2 different hats. Should be enough, right?

My suggestion:

Ditch all black drop shadows from wordmarks, numbers and player names.

Home: Pinstripe or snow whites with blue piping. Either one looks great.

Roads: What they have now.

Alt.: Blue jersey with either orange or white piping, orange 'NY' logo on left chest (maybe outlined in white), number on right-OPTIONAL.

Blue hat becomes only hat. No black hat needed.

The Mets already sell the jersey that should be their alt:

pMLB2-3941203dt.jpg

That looks like the Binghamton jersey (though Binghamton uses a darker shade of blue):

24Milledge.jpg

If the Mets absolutely must have a coloured jersey (which of course they don't), then it should be blue, and it should be a road alt. I found this great pic of what must have been a button-down batting-practice jersey from 1998, the last year before the black:

25000_f260.jpg

I am in the camp that wants no black whatsoever in the uniform. The Mets' unis (re)attained perfection from 1995 through 1998.

290px-Bill21.JPG

03F.jpg

This, my friends, is what "Mets" look like.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The Mets already sell the jersey that should be their alt:

pMLB2-3941203dt.jpg

That looks like the Binghamton jersey (though Binghamton uses a darker shade of blue):

24Milledge.jpg

If the Mets absolutely must have a coloured jersey (which of course they don't), then it should be blue, and it should be a road alt. I found this great pic of what must have been a button-down batting-practice jersey from 1998, the last year before the black:

25000_f260.jpg

I am in the camp that wants no black whatsoever in the uniform. The Mets' unis (re)attained perfection from 1995 through 1998.

290px-Bill21.JPG

03F.jpg

This, my friends, is what "Mets" look like.

agreed. when the mets went blue caps and accessories for their final game at yankee stadium, it looked so freakin' good. the black hats aren't neccessary.

sig2024.png

I actually like the white-with-piping uniforms over the pinstripes, myself.

But looking at the farewell to Shea ceremony photos, I'm struck by how much better the wordmark is without the black drop-shadow. Amazing how something as simple as a drop-shadow can so muddy and obscure the wordmark.

I actually like the white-with-piping uniforms over the pinstripes, myself.

But looking at the farewell to Shea ceremony photos, I'm struck by how much better the wordmark is without the black drop-shadow. Amazing how something as simple as a drop-shadow can so muddy and obscure the wordmark.

I like the pinstripes, too, but the white with piping match up with the roads and seperates them a bit from the Yankees. Let them have the pinstripes and the Mets can do their thing with the piping.

25000_f260.jpg

That looks like this jersey i made a while back... but I never knew it was really used.

mets-bluewwhite2.jpg

mets-bluewwhite.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I think the Mets should just drop the black back shadow on all uniforms and just have the orange cresting around the wordmark, like it was the 1980's. Yes, I agree the Mets should have a blue alternate home and road jersey that says "Mets" in orange with white cresting around the lettering and they would have a winner.

Archived