Now that the Mets are moving into CitiField

SPORTSDOCTOR

Someone please tell me that you have information that the Mets are ridding themselves of all things black starting with the 09' season?

No more black tops, no more black shadowing...and please no more black on their otherwise gorgeous pinstriped Mets classic look.

Please tell me this - PLEASE!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentlemen, stop it now, please.

Topic has been altered to reflect some decent typing skills. Now, discuss that topic.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

MEN'S ASSES

That's not stopping it. Grow up.

Now, on topic, there hasn't really been anything said yet about removing black or any uniform change at all. Personally, as I'm sure is the opinion of many, I hope they ditch the black and bring in a new blue alt. As the offseason progresses, we may start to hear some rumblings, but at the moment, nothing as been stated or hinted at as far as changes actually being made.

A blue alternate with maybe some more orange in it would be awesome.

I've always prefered the blue jerseys, and never been a fan of the black, I don't mind it as much as others. I think they are nice enough.

2ly2w09.jpg

I can deal with the black "New York" road alternate but the black "Mets" home alternate should be blue in my opinion. Also only the blue caps with the orange interlocking NY should be worn at home, save the black caps for the road

Although I would prefer to see the black eliminated entirely my biggest problem is the use of it as a primary color, ie. on the two black alts. I don't mine the black cap with the blue bill either, I think that's a very nice cap. As an alternative to completely eliminating the use of the color black in the Mets color scheme I would like to see them drop the two black alts and all black cap. Then they could keep the road uniforms as is (black drop shadow on the road gray and black/blue cap) and just eliminate the black accents on their home uniforms and stick to blue caps and accessories at home. That would make me one aesthetically pleased Mets fan.

mets.png

I've never liked the black so I really hope they do away with it. The royal and orange are a great combo as is. No need to muck it up.

That being said, if they have to have black, I think it would be cool if they did an all black alt... no orange or blue, just black ala the White Sox. Maybe a little too Yankees but it would look cool.

That being said, if they have to have black, I think it would be cool if they did an all black alt... no orange or blue, just black ala the White Sox. Maybe a little too Yankees but it would look cool.

I suprisingly like this idea. Are we talking about a black jersey, or white jersey with black logos, pinstripes, esc.?

Archived