Saints Update the 'Chin Guy'

BlueSky

Can't grab an image to post here but go to the Saints website and look just beneath the big photo at something titled 'Fan Involvement'. The image is clearly an updated 'chin guy' logo. Also noticed they have a big cover stretched out in the Superdome behind the goalposts (below the ball-catching net) that appears to have the old chin guy on it. Interesting since they haven't used that logo in many years.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

20053009bk3.png

Saint Sam wants YOU!

to take him back to the 60s where he belongs

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

"Chin Guy" actually has a name -- Sir Saint (as lame as that is). At the home opener, the Saints unveiled a Sir Saint mascot.

Then last week at the second home game, a pregame video was played on the Superdome screens with Sir Saint putting Gumbo (the dog mascot) through a series of workouts. The result was a buffed-up Gumbo coming out through the tunnel on to the field.

I just wish they would bring back a live Gumbo to retrieve the kicking tee like the old days.

The fact he's wearing gold gloves is kinda weird to me.

I didn't notice that at first, but now I can't NOT notice. That's really strange.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived