2008 NFL Season Weekly Uniform Rants & Raves

tBBP

as for the Ravens black pants, one solution that might work is to add two purple stripes that start wide at the hip and then taper off towards the middle like the mimicking the helmet stripes. It wouldn't show up well, but it would add some depth to the pants design

They don't need stripes on their pants. Stripes for stripes-sake, don't make any sense.

Their pants are fine the way they are.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they don't, because the jerseys have Black side stripes, and the Black pants have a Red stripe.

They don't match.

I really don't think that little LINE (and that all it is on the Falcons pants; a LINE) would really stand out and make the uniform "not match".

The Falcons should add red pants though, to their set. They could then dump the white road pants (with black "line") and either wear black or red pants on the road. And, they could wear the red pants at home, with the red jerseys, if they wanted to as a change-up to their red jerseys/white pants look.

The Bucs are wearing the white pants again, why can't they stick with the pewter ones???

Because its ungodly hot in Tampa in September and October afternoon games.

I am sure, this was the last game we will see the all white Bucs look this year. With the Sunday Night game next week, that will mean the red jerseys and pewter pants will come out at home; and be the home uniform the rest of the year.

One thing about the all white Bucs uniforms..... they have won a lot of games in the past few years in that combo. Doesn't mean squat (since the whole "lucky uniform" thing is so stupid to begin with), but they have played very well in all white, early in the season recently.

Lost in my shock-and-awe that the Hams finally got a "W" was the fact that the Deadskins--at least this week they are--trotted out the white-on-white again. Think they've done that for ever home game this season.

And here I was, getting used to seeing the many photos of the 'Skins in their burgundy tops...vs Dallas, vs Philadelphia...not that they ever wear the burgundy at home, though I wish they would at some point...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And here I was, getting used to seeing the many photos of the 'Skins in their burgundy tops...vs Dallas, vs Philadelphia...not that they ever wear the burgundy at home, though I wish they would at some point...

Your wish is closer than you might think. It should happen in one of the next two home games. Before the season, the equipment manager let it be known that Zorn's plan was to wear white for the first 4 home games, then burgundy for the last 4. Then he amended that with "we'll go with white for the Dallas game (to make them wear blue). So, that probably means 5 white and 3 burgundy, which would start with the Nov 3 MNF game vs. Pittsburgh.

Or, if he still wants the 4/4 split, the first burgundy game would be next Sunday vs. Cleveland.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

as for the Ravens black pants, one solution that might work is to add two purple stripes that start wide at the hip and then taper off towards the middle like the mimicking the helmet stripes. It wouldn't show up well, but it would add some depth to the pants design

They don't need stripes on their pants. Stripes for stripes-sake, don't make any sense.

We're not talking about "stripes for stripes' sake," we're talking about something to distinguish the Ravens' pants from something in Marcel Marceau's closet.

We're not talking about "stripes for stripes' sake," we're talking about something to distinguish the Ravens' pants from something in Marcel Marceau's closet.

Or from something in the Jacksonville Jaguars' locker room...or vice versa...

...or from either as well the New Orleans Saints' locker room...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Can we talk about how :censored:ty the Bengals' white jerseys have been looking? Specifically, look at their nameplates - several of them, most notably TJ Houshmandzedah, have overlapping nameplates that completely counteract the design of having colored shoulders and/or upper-body... No pics, but holy god this looks terrible. Never mind the fact that different jersey cuts for this team have side panels that look different from each other.

Their pants are fine the way they are.

Wow... you are consistent. You just check in every once in a while to defend either one of the two worst, ugliest trends in modern football uniforms... the mono-sock-and-pants look, or the horrific dark stripeless pants.

i'm just trying to figure this out... did some guy wearing stripes steal your girlfriend? You have an irrational hatred of all things striped.

At least this time you didn't say they were "out" or use the term "clean".

The Vikings look blue when there under any other dome other then the Metrodome i don't know if it's just me or my tv

Nope, it's not just you.

It's a peculiarity of the color purple. Tends to bluish, especially on television and especially under artificial light. The Lakers have that problem, too.

Your wish is closer than you might think. It should happen in one of the next two home games. Before the season, the equipment manager let it be known that Zorn's plan was to wear white for the first 4 home games, then burgundy for the last 4. Then he amended that with "we'll go with white for the Dallas game (to make them wear blue). So, that probably means 5 white and 3 burgundy, which would start with the Nov 3 MNF game vs. Pittsburgh.

Or, if he still wants the 4/4 split, the first burgundy game would be next Sunday vs. Cleveland.

Once I saw them wear the burgandy tops/white pants with the black cleats when they switched to them (it was in Dallas a few years ago or whatever year they made the switch to black), I thought that was what they should wear at home. I think it's one of the best looks in the NFL.

Why the Saints continue to wear white on black pants is beyond me. When they started back in NOLA full time a couple years ago, and they began with the white jerseys/gold pants, I never realized how great they looked in that. Even at home.

I've always liked the idea of the Rams in white pants with their navy jerseys, I just wish it wasn't a really think gold stripe with 2 very thin navy stripes. They need to either make them like they were on the old yellow pants, or leave the middle stripe thicker (although not THAT thick) and make it navy with the outer 2 widened a bit and in gold.

And the red jerseys over white pants are definately the best look for the Falcons, IMO. And I kinda think their all white is their better looking road set, even better than if they had red pants. Just my opinion, though.

Thank goodness the Jets aren't wearing the Titans alts anymore this year. I'm getting kinda sick of them

Agreed to the fullest extent. In addition, I'm a big fan of the Rams' unis, even the monochrome blue, and I liked the Houston blue socks on blue pants look, not to say the red doesn't look great.

The Vikings look blue when there under any other dome other then the Metrodome i don't know if it's just me or my tv

Nope, it's not just you.

It's a peculiarity of the color purple. Tends to bluish, especially on television and especially under artificial light. The Lakers have that problem, too.

Not coincidently, both the Vikings and the Lakers use the same proprietary Reebok fabric color for their Purple.

Archived