2008 NFL Season Weekly Uniform Rants & Raves

tBBP

anyone know of the true color of the Browns throwback jersey? Trying to have my 2008 NFL Combo list as accurate as possible....

"Cleveland Browns Brown". Is that what you're looking for?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Vikings look blue when there under any other dome other then the Metrodome i don't know if it's just me or my tv

Nope, it's not just you.

It's a peculiarity of the color purple. Tends to bluish, especially on television and especially under artificial light. The Lakers have that problem, too.

Not coincidently, both the Vikings and the Lakers use the same proprietary Reebok fabric color for their Purple.

IIRC, Nike was the manufacturer when the Lakers went to their current uniform set. Does that mean that the color changed slightly when Reebok started making them, or did Reebok inherit exclusive use of a Nike color?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Vikings look blue when there under any other dome other then the Metrodome i don't know if it's just me or my tv

Nope, it's not just you.

It's a peculiarity of the color purple. Tends to bluish, especially on television and especially under artificial light. The Lakers have that problem, too.

Not coincidently, both the Vikings and the Lakers use the same proprietary Reebok fabric color for their Purple.

IIRC, Nike was the manufacturer when the Lakers went to their current uniform set. Does that mean that the color changed slightly when Reebok started making them, or did Reebok inherit exclusive use of a Nike color?

It's hard for me to say. I don't have color information for Reebok's fabrics (yet). I do know however, that both the Vikings and the Lakers used this Pantone Textile color prior to Reebok's change:

PTX_19-3737_TC.jpg

This color was called "Heliotrope".

anyone know of the true color of the Browns throwback jersey? Trying to have my 2008 NFL Combo list as accurate as possible....

I assumed it was the seal brown but i guess I was incorrect.

I assumed it was the seal brown but i guess I was incorrect.

I've explained this in a couple of other threads, but the Browns stopped calling their Brown "Seal Brown" after the 1995 season. When the "new" Browns started, they darkened the color and just started calling it "Brown".

Thank goodness the Jets aren't wearing the Titans alts anymore this year. I'm getting kinda sick of them

Don't worry, you won't see them next year.

You'll see white road versions, instead. :D

Seriously, I think it might have been better had they kept the throwbacks spaced out just a little more, as originally planned, instead of bookending the bye week with them.

Here is a rave instead of a rant for once I LOVE THE RAMS IN WHITE PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to have to agree. I think they look even better than the gold pants. I just wish they switch up the stripe pattern to something that resembles the shoulder stripe.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Here is a rave instead of a rant for once I LOVE THE RAMS IN WHITE PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to have to agree. I think they look even better than the gold pants. I just wish they switch up the stripe pattern to something that resembles the shoulder stripe.

I'm gonna have to disagree... white pants with gold numbers? Out of balance.

I'm gonna have to disagree with your disagreement . . . the white pants look really crisp/sharp with the blue jerseys.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That's why I don't like them.

If the Rams' uniforms had white numbers, then I'd like the white pants. But white is so minor a part of the jerseys, and absent from the helmet design, so much so that the white pants look totally mismatched to my eye.

Especially when the gold pants look so good with their scheme.

I'm gonna have to disagree with your disagreement . . . the white pants look really crisp/sharp with the blue jerseys.

I disagree with your disagreement of his disagreement. The white pants look great on their own, but if your numbers on your dark jersey aren't white, then your pants shouldn't be either. IMO the Rams are the only team that can get away with stripeless pants - their golds look great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes, but to my eye the white shouldn't pop on the Rams' jerseys. Making an accent pop at the expense of the gold makes them harder to read.

Which is why "awesome" is about the last adjective I'd use to describe the white pants.

Meh. To each his own.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Yes, but to my eye the white shouldn't pop on the Rams' jerseys. Making an accent pop at the expense of the gold makes them harder to read.

Which is why "awesome" is about the last adjective I'd use to describe the white pants.

Meh. To each his own.

And that, my friends, ought to be the motto of the Internets. :D

I wish the Vikings would wear purple pants on the road more.

The Bears need to always wear their blue pants when they're on the road.

I just like dark pants for road uniforms when the helmets are dark. The Redskins are another example. Chiefs, too. And so on.

Rams in white jerseys and navy pants vs the Cowboys in St. Louis. Other than the navy socks with the navy pants, not a bad look. Wish they'd change the striping though.

I guess that infamous 'blue uniform' curse of the Cowboys work for the Rams. They got slaughtered!

Archived