NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Wolves I think you did an okay job. They look odd in some places, but I can't put my finger on what could fix that. I could live with them.

For the Mavs I like the design, but this is an instance of their colors getting in your way. You should pick a clear-cut hierarchy of colors and try to stick to it on both jerseys, that way a color that barely appears on one jersey won't be prominent on the other jersey. I would think about using a Navy/Green/Lt. Blue color scheme. Worth a shot. Silver seems to be causing you problems. Adding the two schemes together will just create more problems. Oh, and it's Nowitzki.

#22: Rockets

So I got the idea of yellow and silver along with the red from eRay, who mentioned doing that. I tried something that vaguely reminds one of the jersey striping they currently have, I just overall made a really modern design and the shorts are totally new. I don't know what I think about it, it probably needs some work. But I think it's a good start. Also I'm just gonna start posting some random alternates of teams that I have already done.

RocketsConcept.gif

Next=I don't know!

That is my bad on the colors. I asked if Silver and Yellow could work together to spark an idea, but the answer is no. Maybe a lighter shade of Silver, and less of one of the colors, but I guess just Red/Yellow/White or Red/Silver/White would work best. At least you tried it. I do like the design though, which means you don't have to change too much to make Houston look great. Keep it up.

That is my bad on the colors. I asked if Silver and Yellow could work together to spark an idea, but the answer is no. Maybe a lighter shade of Silver, and less of one of the colors, but I guess just Red/Yellow/White or Red/Silver/White would work best. At least you tried it. I do like the design though, which means you don't have to change too much to make Houston look great. Keep it up.

Not your fault haha. I thought it would work, too. Here is the update:

RocketsConcept2.gif

I simplified the pants to go with the color change. I went with silver because I used red and yellow on the Hawks.

Not your fault haha. I thought it would work, too. Here is the update:

RocketsConcept2.gif

I simplified the pants to go with the color change. I went with silver because I used red and yellow on the Hawks.

That looks awesome! I think the Rockets have some good jerseys now, but these would make theirs the best in the League! Good Job can't wait for the next set.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Mavs update:

LINK

I used the two tone blue for the home and away, changed the number placement on the front of the jerseys, made the road numbers white. I added an alternate; used green like they currently do as well as the retro wordmark, used a pretty simple side striping scheme.

Concept 23: Bulls

I like the little pentagon thing they have on their shorts, but I think all of the small stripes on the arms and waist are too small to look good, and they end up being distracting. So I took the pentagon, put it on the jersey tops, and tried to simpify everything. Thoughts?

BullsConcept.gif

And if you didn't see them, be sure to check out the updates I made to the Rockets and Mavericks.

Right now I am working on the Knicks and Bucks, so I'm not sure which will be next, but expect one of those 2.

Concept 23: Bulls

I like the little pentagon thing they have on their shorts, but I think all of the small stripes on the arms and waist are too small to look good, and they end up being distracting. So I took the pentagon, put it on the jersey tops, and tried to simpify everything. Thoughts?

BullsConcept.gif

And if you didn't see them, be sure to check out the updates I made to the Rockets and Mavericks.

Right now I am working on the Knicks and Bucks, so I'm not sure which will be next, but expect one of those 2.

These are actually cool man. Nothing over the top. This might be your best concept in terms of simplicity. Though you should switch white and black on the red jerseys.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Thumbs down, but not in a mean way, just a "how does this improve upon what they already have?" way. You oversimplified the striping patterns, went to one-color vertical-arched names for no reason, took away the cool black-on-red of the roads, and though it's a noble attempt at design harmony I cannot get behind the armpit pentagons. The sides of basketball jerseys are pretty much reserved for full side panels, with anything else looking kind of weird. Having big red beneath-the-armpit patches would probably look pretty weird in real life, and make it look like the Bulls are perspiring blood at their home games. (I bet Aaron Gray could perspire blood, though.) The only change that one can really make with the Bulls is to put CHICAGO on the reds, in black, instead of BULLS, and even then, you'd probably get a lot of resistance from people who think they shouldn't deviate from what Michael and Scottie wore at all under any circumstances, which I get to some degree. At least take the bull off the back.

I think the problem with Redesign The Whole League threads is that it forces one to tinker with uniforms that might not necessarily need tinkering and would never consider tinkering in the real world, so you get a lot of really inspired efforts, a few running-out-of-steam submissions, and a couple with negligible changes that don't really make anything better. Plus, the odds that one can conceive and execute thirty great concepts are slim. I barely get one or two good ideas every now and then. But really, some teams you just can't improve upon. "Yankees are pretty much set, so I put a silver outline around the NY." Okay, but why, though?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bulls: I for one understand that you must change their jerseys for this project. I can deal with that. I would say you could make the shorts 'pentagon' shorter, like they wear it now, then remove the one on the jerseys. In the past the team has dabbled in pinstripes, so what if the side-panels were adorned with pinstripe-like-stripes. Just like 4 pinstripes (same color as the 'pentagon' outline) going from the armhole down to the 'pentagon' shape on the shorts. Just an idea. Oh, and you gotta switch Black and White on the Red uniforms. It just looks really really weird.

Bulls: I for one understand that you must change their jerseys for this project. I can deal with that. I would say you could make the shorts 'pentagon' shorter, like they wear it now, then remove the one on the jerseys. In the past the team has dabbled in pinstripes, so what if the side-panels were adorned with pinstripe-like-stripes. Just like 4 pinstripes (same color as the 'pentagon' outline) going from the armhole down to the 'pentagon' shape on the shorts. Just an idea. Oh, and you gotta switch Black and White on the Red uniforms. It just looks really really weird.

I liked this idea, so I went with it:

BullsConcept2.gif

Hopefully I'm not stealing all of your ideas for your upcoming redesign, eRay!

And I'm gonna get the Bucks up in a few.

Archived