Nike Enforcer Uniform to Debut 12/6. Army vs Navy

scottysprings

I don't remember seeing a topic being made about it so here it is. I was looking through a Nike football catalog and came across this:

Picture1-2.png

Now I've got to say, I'm quite nervous to see these threads because both teams, specifically Army, are among the best looking in the NCAA. Discuss..

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay...and they chose to unveil whatever this is during the Army/Navy game...why now???

Good job, Nike--pimping the military service academies to boost/promote your product and increase your profile. Lovely. (Well hell...presidential candidates have used this tactic a bit much lately, now haven't they? Eh well...)

Having said that, I'll say this: if it's just a new template/cut/stitching design, I'll be okay. Since Navy has no striping of any kind to speak of, it really won't matter for them--not that I care about what Nike does to Navy's uniforms anyway because, well, they're Navy. But if whatever this is f***s with Army's current look in any way, shape, form or fashion...I'm locking in the 8-digit grid coordinate of the Beaverton headquarters...it's accurate to within 10 meters, you know...

...I'm around a lot of stuff that goes BOOM out here, too! ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Okay...and they chose to unveil whatever this is during the Army/Navy game...why now???

But if whatever this is f***s with Army's current look in any way, shape, form or fashion...I'm locking in the 8-digit grid coordinate of the Beaverton headquarters...it's accurate to within 10 meters, you know...

...I'm around a lot of stuff that goes BOOM out here, too! ^_^

They can take those damn numbers off the helmet, but anything other than that and I'll paint the target for ya.

Go Army, Beat Navy!

SSG AXL

CLHEL2.png

From what it looks like, I think it's just a new uniform cut. Nothing to worry about.

But if they do mess with the uniforms, then I think the boards will go crazy. They can't mess with these uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

From what it looks like, I think it's just a new uniform cut. Nothing to worry about.

But if they do mess with the uniforms, then I think the boards will go crazy. They can't mess with these uniforms.

I was thinking the same thing Billy B. It just seems like a new cut, maybe similar to the uniforms that some of the Giants have been testing?

Navy have had some strange uniform quirks in the not-too-distant past. I think it was in about 2000 or 2001 that they wore gold jerseys with navy pants. In the mid 90's, in the Army-Navy game, Navy came out in Navy blue helmets with a gold "Navy" script on them. So it's not beyond comprehension for them to come out with shocking in this game.

EDIT: Here's a pic of the strange Navy helmets

93page5_4.jpg

I remember watching that game. The announcers were talking about Navy wearing blue helmets because the gold helmets on each team was confusing. could have been a crock.... i kinda liked them at the time, now they just look like cal to me. i just wish theyd slap some sort of anchor on the helmets

I wonder if this new uniform style has actually already debuted - in the Oregon-Arizona "Ducks blackout" game? It's obviously impossible to tell if that was a new jersey style or not, but they said they "had" to put the wings on because of the fabric....hrm.

harperdc.gif

Bringing this back up, because CBS showed part of what apparently are Navy's new uniforms. Suffice it to say, the government should go after Nike for what they've done.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived