Nike Enforcer Uniform to Debut 12/6. Army vs Navy

scottysprings

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad has a business associate who wraps cars in vinyl plastic graphics for a living. He said the helmets looked a lot like some sort of shrink wrap plastic. You could really see it around the ear holes.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Since Navy is the "home" team next year, I wonder if they will wear something based on the new Navy work uniforms.

USN_NWU1.jpg

Don't bet your lunch money on it, cat. No other service arm is anywhere near as attached to their digicam patterns as the Army is.

(There's a reason for that, though: quiet as is kept, the Army is acually the originator of that pattern, having developed it way back in the '70s.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Since Navy is the "home" team next year, I wonder if they will wear something based on the new Navy work uniforms.

USN_NWU1.jpg

Don't bet your lunch money on it, cat. No other service arm is anywhere near as attached to their digicam patterns as the Army is.

(There's a reason for that, though: quiet as is kept, the Army is acually the originator of that pattern, having developed it way back in the '70s.)

Though the digicam for the Army is changing from what I hear...it'll br more a light olive/tan/black, but it won't be completely phased in until 2011. The foliage green is on its way out. Or at least that's the rumor ^_^

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

USN_NWU1.jpg

If a snowball survives in Hell, theres a chance an alt like this will be worny by the Midshipmen. I've never seen any guards on base with it and doubt they would use it as a football unifrom.

Camo says Army...Dress blues say Navy and USMC. I think Navy will go with some type of classy take on the dress blues next year. But I think the helmet should be the Navy anchor on one side and the USMC anchor globe on the other, all the time. I thought that looked really good on the jerseys, and would look better on the helmet.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

USN_NWU1.jpg

Though the digicam for the Army is changing from what I hear...it'll br more a light olive/tan/black, but it won't be completely phased in until 2011. The foliage green is on its way out. Or at least that's the rumor ^_^

If the Army braintrust is smart, they'll leave all traces of black out of the new pattern...that's an easy way to be seen via IR.

And yes, sir, I've seen (and heard) that us Army is changing things up again...last draft I saw was actually one of the original prototypes of the new pattern..it looks something like brush strokes, but still in digital guise. And, I hope that if this goes through, we can go back to a "stateside" and "desert" version (read: one predominantly whatever green and the other desert sand-based).

AND...it remains to be seen if the Army still keeps its boner for all this velcro--whoops, excuse me...hook-and-pile--stuff. AND, I hope they also do something as far as the material itself. You and I both know this stuff don't hold up in washing machines too good after a while.

But let me get back on track here a little bit.

I think my biggest issue with what Nike did for West Point is that they tried too hard to be "cool" with that design. had they still kept the overall look somewhat traditional (and what better teams for a traditional look than the service academies, though I don't think the flyguys have gotten that memo yet), but still mixed some of the digicam in, it probably would have come across a tad bit better.

But eh well...that stunt is over and done with. For now, at least.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nike's latest addition to its modified football uniform line is available for high school teams to order beginning December 7, 2008, for the upcoming Fall '09 season

Man I hope our high school orders these! The uniforms fit so tight in the game and would look slick in royal blue and white!

Bucco, I might be totally wrong but I think I remember seeing pictures of the new pattern you're talking about. I've never had an opportunity to talk military uniforms here on the board so I'm just throwing this out there, MultiCam is awesome.

I am not a big fan of MultiCam, there is a reason it lost out to the digital pattern for the ACU. I was told there are about 200 troops who are wearing MultiCam, which is suppose to replace the ACU pattern. That being said I like the Army All-Terrain pattern better then the digital patterns the Air Force, Navy and Marines are using.

As someone who has never before seen Army play football (I'm not really a college football fan), the first impression I get from these uniforms is that they are actually pretty cool. I could do without the "Duty. Honor. Country." thing on the back (not sure exactly what it says, but it's something like that), but I like the rest (even the camo numbers). Maybe if I knew what Army is supposed to look like, these would bother me more.

340x.jpg

The usual Army home unis.

And theyre my #1 best uniform in the country. That camo crap sucks.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

hm, i coulda sworn Army's pants (their normal ones) had a black stripe...eh well, I liked both uniforms, it was kinda refreshing to watch a blue & gold team that actually likes run blocking for a change. As opposed to the Irish O-line that can create a good pocket but refuses to (or is incapable of) consistently opening any holes for their backs...but I digress.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Army can easily adapt this uni for regular use next season.

-Make the numbers solid color for legibility.

-Move 'Boots On The Ground' to the left sleeve where the TV numbers used to go.

-Move 'West Point' to the right sleeve where the TV numbers used to go.

That de-clutters the pants and makes the jersey more uniquely Army. Sell that jersey and people will love it, even people who don't like football but love Army and what it represents.

Also, I think it would be a damn shame if Army were to toss the camo helmets because they're at once plainer than the Cleveland Browns and more unique than the old Birmingham Bolts.

oakqb4.jpg

As someone who has never before seen Army play football (I'm not really a college football fan), the first impression I get from these uniforms is that they are actually pretty cool. I could do without the "Duty. Honor. Country." thing on the back (not sure exactly what it says, but it's something like that), but I like the rest (even the camo numbers). Maybe if I knew what Army is supposed to look like, these would bother me more.

340x.jpg

The usual Army home unis.

And theyre my #1 best uniform in the country. That camo crap sucks.

I'm not too big a fan of those old Army uniforms. There are striping issues and, save for the patches, there is no indication of what the uniforms represent.

The ones they wore Saturday are outstanding. Army has had an incredible motif at its disposal but never used it. These uniforms are distinctive and really represent something.

(I just wish Nike's fingerprints weren't all over this.)

A feast of cool features on these unis. Not sure the camo numbers work well from a visibility standpoint and there's a bit of clutter but overall the look - for a one-off game at least - is superb. Navy with their anchor on the right sleeve and the Marine Corps' on the left is cool too. Like somebody else said, as soon as I flipped over to this game I knew there'd be plenty of discussion here. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Navy's look was actually pretty nice.... The epaulet treatment the shoulders had was also a nice touch.

Glad someone else caught that the shoulders looked like dress epaulets.... I thought that was pretty cool as well.

It is what it is.

Archived