So the Washington Redskins wore burgandy jerseys at home today.

DallasSports

They wear white at home for the first four games, then burgundy for the last four (except vs. Cowboys.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

as a side note on the game (i didn't see a topic about it), but has anyone noticed how varied the nameplates have been on the giants white jerseys the past few weeks? it's particularly evident on brandon jacobs, amongst others--the letters look thinner and are closer to each other.

**EDIT: Whoops, missed that thread***

as a side note on the game (i didn't see a topic about it), but has anyone noticed how varied the nameplates have been on the giants white jerseys the past few weeks? it's particularly evident on brandon jacobs, amongst others--the letters look thinner and are closer to each other.

It's been discussed here.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I really loathe watching the giants games and seeing some playes have the stripes on the sleeves look like half circles somehow.

Also one of the redskins jersey was basically a tanktop with pads sticking out, im sorry but the NFL really needs to do something about the sleeves, if the stripes cant go all around the sleeve its too short.

I really loathe watching the giants games and seeing some playes have the stripes on the sleeves look like half circles somehow.

Also one of the redskins jersey was basically a tanktop with pads sticking out, im sorry but the NFL really needs to do something about the sleeves, if the stripes cant go all around the sleeve its too short.

indeed

ch21sunnov302008010451prr4.jpg

indeed

At the same time look at that dude's guns. He needs short sleeves. That is why on a lot of the bigger guys it is cut so high and big you can see their man boob. It is so they can move their arms better. Sometimes fashion has to take a back seat for performance sake.

This is a good thing. The burgandy Skins jerseys are beautiful. I am glad we'll be seeing more of them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

indeed

This is why I think all NFL teams should move the TV numbers to the top of the shoulder and not the sleeve. Most of them have already done so, but the Redskins and Raiders remain the exceptions.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

At the same time look at that dude's guns. He needs short sleeves. That is why on a lot of the bigger guys it is cut so high and big you can see their man boob. It is so they can move their arms better. Sometimes fashion has to take a back seat for performance sake.

Please! Performance! I don't need to see your nipples to know you can get past the OT quicker or block your QB more efficently by cutting your jersey back to the collar. This is a redundant issue in the NFL that they let players get away with this but will fine a RB/DB $5k for not having enough white sock showing at the bottom. Why can't they just make a form fitting sleeve that covers from the deltoid to the bicep out of material that is stretchable and breatheable allowing players the ''movement and freedom'' they so desperately crave by cutting their already non-exsistent sleeves down to nothing? C'mon Reebok!!

Like BD81 and the Gothamite, I call horsedung on that whole "performance" mess. And it seems to be mostly linemen who are the big-time offenders. So to that I offer this retort:

Chuck Bednarik. Dick Butkus. Ray Nitschke. Dan Dierdorf. Ed Jones. The Steel Curtain. The Purple People Eaters. David Jones and the rest of the Fearsome Foursome. The Steel Curtain. Bruce Matthews. Anthony Munoz.

Common link? All formidable forces in their day. Most are NFL Hall-of-Famers. ALL PLAYED IN THE ERA OF ACTUAL SLEEVES. So I don't wanna hear it about the "performance-enhancing" mess. Lighter fabric, maybe. Total and utter lack of sleeves? Totally different story.

(Guess Jones, Mike Singletary and other greats from back in the day really were right when they said many current players couldn't and wouldn't survive in their era...especially if they gon be whining about sleeves being held. That's something to cry about? Find any poor O-lineman who got his head slapped back into the '50s by the Deacon or any offensive skill-position player got their liver split by Butkus.)

Okay...my rant's over. Next!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Like BD81 and the Gothamite, I call horsedung on that whole "performance" mess. And it seems to be mostly linemen who are the big-time offenders. So to that I offer this retort:

Chuck Bednarik. Dick Butkus. Ray Nitschke. Dan Dierdorf. Ed Jones. The Steel Curtain. The Purple People Eaters. David Jones and the rest of the Fearsome Foursome. The Steel Curtain. Bruce Matthews. Anthony Munoz.

Common link? All formidable forces in their day. Most are NFL Hall-of-Famers. ALL PLAYED IN THE ERA OF ACTUAL SLEEVES. So I don't wanna hear it about the "performance-enhancing" mess. Lighter fabric, maybe. Total and utter lack of sleeves? Totally different story.

(Guess Jones, Mike Singletary and other greats from back in the day really were right when they said many current players couldn't and wouldn't survive in their era...especially if they gon be whining about sleeves being held. That's something to cry about? Find any poor O-lineman who got his head slapped back into the '50s by the Deacon or any offensive skill-position player got their liver split by Butkus.)

That's not a good argument, because they played against players wearing the same types of uniforms. I'm not saying that it makes for a big performance increase, but that's just not a solid argument against it.

This is why I think all NFL teams should move the TV numbers to the top of the shoulder and not the sleeve. Most of them have already done so, but the Redskins and Raiders remain the exceptions.

And the Bears*, Bills, Chiefs, Colts, Jets, and Texans...

* It really is quite an anomaly as to how the Bears can have numbers and stripes on their sleeves.

That's not a good argument, because they played against players wearing the same types of uniforms. I'm not saying that it makes for a big performance increase, but that's just not a solid argument against it.

In my defense...I never really did say it was a "logical argument".

Hell, I ain't say it was an argument. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived