Panthers "Blackout on MNF"

pagan696

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hearing they may introduce black pants with the traditional fall home black jersey. (not confirmed, we'll see...)

Source? If true, shouldn't they have been in the Style Guide?

It was part of their initial uniform design at the time of their establishment.

If these do pop up for real, they should use them with the white jerseys and the blue socks.

It was part of their initial uniform design at the time of their establishment.

If these do pop up for real, they should use them with the white jerseys and the blue socks.

Or the blue jerseys.

Just not the black jerseys. Especially not since they have silver helmets.

Black pants? All black uniform + silver helmet = yuck.

there's a black helmet too, but it will not see the field.

i really hope they don't do the black pants, since (so far) they've been heavily into "keeping tradition". i prefer the Panthers keep a consistant look so when they're on TV, you know who, exactly they are.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

i really hope they don't do the black pants, since (so far) they've been heavily into "keeping tradition". i prefer the Panthers keep a consistant look so when they're on TV, you know who, exactly they are

The Panthers uniforms are aging. They need something to spice up their look. Black pants would do it.

The silver helmet/white jersey/white pants/light blue socks look is about as soft a look as there is, in the NFL.

As I have stated before, black pants would work perfectly for this team. With the light blue striping on the pants, it would work very well, with the white or black jersey's.

If the Panthers were smart, they would de-emphasize the all white look (maybe to only the early season home games), and go with black pants, full-time on the road. And, stick with the black socks, with the black pants.

Then, with the alt blue jersey, go with the white pants and blue socks. Would be a cleaner, "UNC" type of look, instead of wearing the blue jersey's with the dirty grey pants. Have never liked that look, and would look forward to how the blue jersey would look with white pants and blue socks. I think it would look much, much better.

Keep the black jersey's/grey pants/black socks look, with the black pants as an occasional "change up".

hearing they may introduce black pants with the traditional fall home black jersey. (not confirmed, we'll see...)

Source? If true, shouldn't they have been in the Style Guide?

They're not in the Style Guide, but then again, the Style Guide STILL hasn't been updated for 2008.

There's no Black helmet either. At least from the last version I've seen.

i really hope they don't do the black pants, since (so far) they've been heavily into "keeping tradition". i prefer the Panthers keep a consistant look so when they're on TV, you know who, exactly they are

The Panthers uniforms are aging. They need something to spice up their look. Black pants would do it.

I disagree. I think the Panthers, having kept a "hands off" approach to their uniforms, have established a sort of tradition of their own.

The silver helmet/white jersey/white pants/light blue socks look is about as soft a look as there is, in the NFL.

As I have stated before, black pants would work perfectly for this team. With the light blue striping on the pants, it would work very well, with the white or black jersey's.

If the Panthers were smart, they would de-emphasize the all white look (maybe to only the early season home games), and go with black pants, full-time on the road. And, stick with the black socks, with the black pants.

Then, with the alt blue jersey, go with the white pants and blue socks. Would be a cleaner, "UNC" type of look, instead of wearing the blue jersey's with the dirty grey pants. Have never liked that look, and would look forward to how the blue jersey would look with white pants and blue socks. I think it would look much, much better.

Keep the black jersey's/grey pants/black socks look, with the black pants as an occasional "change up".

Black pants with black sox for the Panther would = ugly.

Just like it does with the Saints, Jags, Ravens... ugly ugly ugly.

I disagree. I think the Panthers, having kept a "hands off" approach to their uniforms, have established a sort of tradition of their own.

Exactly, if things always have to change then nothing would ever become classic. The only thing the panthers should do is go to an embroidered sewn on logo rather than the screen printed one they use and then maybe adopt a unique number font.

PvO6ZWJ.png

No, in style.

They would look better in some purple striped, 1976 style tube socks instead, right? :P

No, they look like they belong in "Flash Dance". Everytime I see them in those, I get "What a Feeling" stuck in my frickin head.

No, in style.

They would look better in some purple striped, 1976 style tube socks instead, right? :P

318 posts 315 of them about socks

A. striped socks are not out of style, plenty of teams still wear them

B. "in style" does not mean it looks good

this was once in style, but did people even then think it looked good?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived