Panthers "Blackout on MNF"

pagan696

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Rumors have been swirling this week that the Panthers were going to unveil new black helmets for the Bucs' game Monday night. It sounded a bit far-fetched, especially since NFL teams have to give any uniform changes approved way ahead of time. But it was intriguing enough that we thought it worthy to check on it. The Panthers insist they are not going to wear black helmets or black pants on Monday night, but will be in their classic silver helmet, black jersey and silver pants

Fans, however, are encouraged to wear lots of black, so as to "black out" the Bucs.

-- Charles Chandler (Charlotte Observer Dec 4, 2008)"

good.

i prefer the original look w/o black pants.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

That's good. I like the panthers uniforms how they are now, but they could do some things to make them even better.

1. switch to a sewn-on logo. Screen printing looks cheesy.

2. Lose the white pants and light blue socks on the road. White jersey, silver pants, black socks

3. Either dump the helmet stripes or switch those helmet stripes to light blue outlined in black to match the pants stripes. And if you must use the helmet "stripes" then at least space them evenly across the board.

note the difference between steve smith's helmet and keyshawn johnson's helmet

4. Adopt a custom number font.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That's good. I like the panthers uniforms how they are now, but they could do some things to make them even better.

2. Lose the white pants and light blue socks on the road. White jersey, silver pants, black socks

3. Either dump the helmet stripes or switch those helmet stripes to light blue outlined in black to match the pants stripes. And if you must use the helmet "stripes" then at least space them evenly across the board.

i would agree with all these suggestions except possibly the last one. At least you should say "adopt a custom number font that isn't complete garbage"... unlike 9 out of 10 of the custom number fonts current being used in organized sports.

Actually, I rather like the all-whites with the light blue socks. Though I could see them going to silver pants with the white jerseys since the helmet is silver, but you at least gotta keep those socks light blue.

I've never quite understood why they don't fix the spacing. I understand that Smith is wearing a Riddell helmet with a their traditional shell that has the raised middle ridge and Johnson is wearing a Schutt which doesn't have the ridge, but other teams with this type of striping like the Titans and the Ravens don't seem to have this problem. Carolina also uses the narrow stripe patter on Riddell Revolution and Adams helmets, so I guess they is just waiting for either the Riddell VSR-4 helmets be discontinued or all players who wear them to retire - whichever comes first.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I still think a black helmet could work (and may even be preferable to silver), but this is an outline for the quickest and easiest way for the team to adopt a look that could easily become a classic.

Though I could see them going to silver pants with the white jerseys since the helmet is silver

Al Davis and his out-of-touch organization would probably have a cow and sue the Panthers for looking too much like the Raiders. Not kidding either.

Just add black pants to the Panthers road uniform and wear the white pants with the alt blue jersey's and they would really look sharp.

...Al Davis and his out-of-touch organization would probably have a cow and sue the Panthers for looking too much like the Raiders. Not kidding either...

he's already tried once

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

It's becoming so OVERPLAYED!

What is?

You think I'm a stupid man?

Yes

Me too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Rumors have been swirling this week that the Panthers were going to unveil new black helmets for the Bucs' game Monday night. It sounded a bit far-fetched, especially since NFL teams have to give any uniform changes approved way ahead of time.

And since NFL rules expressly prohibit teams from having alternate helmets except as part of a throwback uniform. See "Seahawks, Seattle".

"Rumors have been swirling this week that the Panthers were going to unveil new black helmets for the Bucs' game Monday night. It sounded a bit far-fetched, especially since NFL teams have to give any uniform changes approved way ahead of time.

And since NFL rules expressly prohibit teams from having alternate helmets except as part of a throwback uniform. See "Seahawks, Seattle".

But none of that rules out the possible black pants (which IMO would look great, if they kept the blue stripe and didn't go Jax/Bal/NO on us.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But none of that rules out the possible black pants (which IMO would look great, if they kept the blue stripe and didn't go Jax/Bal/NO on us.)

The article said the Panthers will be wearing silver pants.

Archived