Group Project: NFL Reserve Division

fishheatcats

Ok so for the Broncos i put their minor league team in Cheyenne, Wyoming. My mom used to live there and she told me there are many loyal broncos fans there, and wyoming does not have a pro team in anything i think, but none the less i think the town would support a team.

I kept the same colors and name as to keep the affiliation strong between the two. For the logo i used a Horse up on two legs, there is a statue of the same thing outside of Invesco Field where they play in denver now. I like the way it turned out.

For the uniforms i wanted a classic look but a modern one at the same time. So i did the classic sleeve and pants stripe with some a new piping idea.

So here they are, The Cheyenne Broncos (the pants are interchangeable but with the exeption of no one color from head to toe, so blue cant go on blue or white on white or orange on orange)

Logo:

broncoslogo.png

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/j...broncoslogo.png

numbers.png

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/j...r22/numbers.png

Home:

wyobroncoeshome.png

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/j...roncoeshome.png

Road:

wyobroncoesroad.png

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/j...roncoesroad.png

Alternate:

wyobroncoesalt.png

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/j...broncoesalt.png

The simplicity of the stripes on the side of the jersey and the pants really bring the whole concept down. If you fix those, it might look pretty good.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok so for the Broncos i put their minor league team in Cheyenne, Wyoming. My mom used to live there and she told me there are many loyal broncos fans there, and wyoming does not have a pro team in anything i think, but none the less i think the town would support a team.

I kept the same colors and name as to keep the affiliation strong between the two. For the logo i used a Horse up on two legs, there is a statue of the same thing outside of Invesco Field where they play in denver now. I like the way it turned out.

For the uniforms i wanted a classic look but a modern one at the same time. So i did the classic sleeve and pants stripe with some a new piping idea.

So here they are, The Cheyenne Broncos (the pants are interchangeable but with the exeption of no one color from head to toe, so blue cant go on blue or white on white or orange on orange)

Logo:

broncoslogo.png

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/j...broncoslogo.png

numbers.png

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/j...r22/numbers.png

Home:

wyobroncoeshome.png

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/j...roncoeshome.png

Road:

wyobroncoesroad.png

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/j...roncoesroad.png

Alternate:

wyobroncoesalt.png

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/j...broncoesalt.png

The simplicity of the stripes on the side of the jersey and the pants really bring the whole concept down. If you fix those, it might look pretty good.

well what exactly do you mean by that?

[quote name='jake22' post='1076331' date='Tuesday, December

well what exactly do you mean by that?

I think he is talking about the side panels and the piping, because they really doesnt look good, if you take those away it would look alot better

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

No offense to anyone, but it seems like a lot of these concepts have been rushed. With the exception of a couple it seems as though everyone has just put together their first idea into a concept right as it hit their head. There's a lot of time guys, use it and make your concept as good as it can be, it will help you in the future immensely. As someone who's done concepts for maybe a year and a half, I can say I've improved my skills probably 5 times as much as when I first started, because I took the time to make the logos and uniforms as presentable and likable as possible. I still suck, but I know I'm improving because I'm not putting out half-assed recolors.

/rant

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Not really a fan of this last one, vertical stripes on the sides look modern while sleeve striping looks retro. Pick one or the other, right now it just doesn't look good.

I tend to agree with chesnutz, it seems like everyone picked their favorite team, then went as fast as possible.

Yeah guys remember there really is no time limit to get your team posted, so take your time. It took me awhile to get mine done, I know it looks kinda simple but I spent hours trying to get that damn wave to look right lol. Everyone has until the last team is posted to tweak and submit updated versions of their concepts, so you can take any suggestions and apply them if you want.

That being said I like the Broncos one, except for the side panel/pants striping. The idea to use the bronco statue is cool, but maybe try using the pointy stripes Denver uses on their pants on yours.

Also the Tigers look very nice. Love the 'LT' alternate logo, but I think it needs the white/black double stroke like the wordmark has.

And oh snap did I just see Bucco Bruce lol? Awesome.

The Tigers set is my favorite so far.

Moving on tho, I realized how bad the edges look on my logos so I ran them through vectormagic, and it came out looking a lot better so here is the logo sheet. If you click on the image for its full size it looks alot better.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd346/b...LogoSheet-1.png

GladiatorsLogoSheet-1.png

I will try and update the helmets on the jersey sets too, and add the NFL reserve logo/Falcons logos.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Since you went to the trouble of describing the season/playoff structure for us, why not do the voting based on it as well? That is, have four separate 8-way polls for each division, then two "semifinal" polls among the four division winners, and then finally a "Reserve Bowl" (or whatever you propose to call the championship game) poll to decide the championship?

That's not a bad idea. Once we get all 32 teams done that seems like the perfect way to pick a winner.

Also, just my 2 cents, but I think 4 teams out of 32 is a bit low. Maybe pick the top 2 teams from each division, or have a couple wild cards. Just think it'd be more inclusive and give some teams a chance to win if say there's 2 or 3 really good concepts in a division.

spacer.png

By any chance is this guy the owner of your team?

586pxpawtucketpatje5.jpg

yup, and the coaching staff are all crunga-lunga's

That's chumbawumbas.

And did -(dp)- get the notice that the Lions are all his? I just want to make sure so that there doesn't end up being a team that gets passed over.

I'd also like to tell you all to take your time on these. Some of these are promising, but look like they could go much farther. I do like the Tigers though, very sharp.

spacer.png

I've tweaked my Milwaukee Wolfpack concept a bit, giving both uniforms some stripes. Here are the links:

Home: http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/1958/wolfpackhomedo1.png

Away: http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8430/wolfpackawaypx6.png

I've also updated the post where I posted the original versions with the new versions.

Once again... Go! Pack! Go!

CCSLC signature.png

Ok. So here's my team. The Redding Turtles based in Redding California. They are the affiliates of the Oakland Raiders. I decided to drop the "fighting" moniker from the name. It didn't fit with the identity. The Redding Turtles are named after Turtle Bay, located in the city. Their colors are Dark Green, Teal, and Silver. Now since the name nor the colors (except silver) match the raiders identity, I wanted to make the uniforms/logos as close as possible to the Raiders. So for the primary logo I went with a "shield" type logo very similar to the Raiders shield. Also I wanted to use silver as much as possible. So I went with something that is very identifiable with the Raiders uni's (even though the cowboys do the same thing to hahaha) and that is a silver helmet with a silver facemask. I also went with a pair of silver pants only. The last thing that I did to relate them to the Raiders was add two very different alternates that are to be worn for special occasions (night games, celebrations, anniversaries, etc.). Those alternates are a silver and a black alternate. As for the general design of the uniforms, they are very simple. I wanted to make them look as "classic" as I could without being plain. C&C Welcome.

Logos: Link

turtle-logos.gif

Uniforms: Link

Untitled-1.gif

Action Shots: Link

action.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

No offense to anyone, but it seems like a lot of these concepts have been rushed. With the exception of a couple it seems as though everyone has just put together their first idea into a concept right as it hit their head. There's a lot of time guys, use it and make your concept as good as it can be, it will help you in the future immensely. As someone who's done concepts for maybe a year and a half, I can say I've improved my skills probably 5 times as much as when I first started, because I took the time to make the logos and uniforms as presentable and likable as possible. I still suck, but I know I'm improving because I'm not putting out half-assed recolors.

/rant

You don't give yourself enough credit, cat. As a follower of yours since you first utilized one of my action templates (yeah--remember the green and gold team you did using my DB temp?), I can honestly say you've come a long way...and that you don't, as you say, "suck". (And don't nobody even attempt to make no off-color joke off that one, either--let's try to stay mature here.)

As for your mini-rant, I will say that I myself see a bit of truth to that, in that some of what's been posted in here does seem either forced or rushed. I realize there's varying degrees of talent, skill, and ability up in here, and even software applications may limit things inasmuch as the user allows, but, to all, dude is right about one thing: take your time to really develop your idea. Don't be afraid to go out the box with it. Come up with several ideas. And one other thing: being that this is (hypothetically) an off-shoot of the NFL, don't be afraid to test out some rather unusual ideas! (Think Arena Football League before Russell Athletic watered down the aesthetic diversity.)

Having said all that, I'll also throw this out there and then exit stage (top) right: for some, this type of stuff may be a hobby or just fun--nothing wrong with that, it all and goog. If, however, any of you reading this are really serious about trying to make something out of this--that is, make a name for yourself, establish your own imprint, things of that nature--now is the time to start sowing those seeds--dedicate yourself, learn all you can, and really push yourself to put out some great work. Even when you've come up with something you think is the best, always strive to improve upon that. And also take some time to try to develop your own style, or your own "stamp" on design--something to separate yourelf from the pack. Bear in mind, if any of you aspire to take any of this to the next level (I'm also talking straight back to myself here), the graphic design field--particularly in sports branding--is a crowded one, and if you do make it to the level of the Joe Bosacks, the Todd Radoms, and the Rickabaughs of the world, not only will you have those guys as market competition, but each and every one of your comrades up in here. That's how you gotta look at it.

You'd be surprised just how much you can accomplish, how much you can grow and develop, through simple contests such as this. It all starts here. Cut your teeth up in here. There's such a wealth of talent, ability, skill, and style here--I love it. So many ideas to see and pick from and trade and develop (note I did not say outright "steal"). But..again, it all starts right here. And you got to apply yourself...and keep it pushing, if you really wish to make something of yourself, of your work, in this arena.

That's all...I'm out, for now.

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Turtles: I actually like the colors and that you decided to give some nods to the Raiders. Well done on that. But a couple things I see wrong...

-Wordmark, numbers, NOB are all too thin

-NOB should be all capitalized

-Add some silver to the jersey because it's everywhere else

spacer.png

For the Turles I'm seeing a ton of empty space. I think you could fill that, but not detract from the simplicity of the design by using a bolder font and maybe a single green stripe on the helmet as a further nod to the Raiders.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Since you went to the trouble of describing the season/playoff structure for us, why not do the voting based on it as well? That is, have four separate 8-way polls for each division, then two "semifinal" polls among the four division winners, and then finally a "Reserve Bowl" (or whatever you propose to call the championship game) poll to decide the championship?

That's not a bad idea. Once we get all 32 teams done that seems like the perfect way to pick a winner.

Also, just my 2 cents, but I think 4 teams out of 32 is a bit low. Maybe pick the top 2 teams from each division, or have a couple wild cards. Just think it'd be more inclusive and give some teams a chance to win if say there's 2 or 3 really good concepts in a division.

Good call I think. Okay revised voting procedure:

-Still four division based polls with 8 teams each(each person gets 1 vote per division).

-The top vote getters in each win the divisions, and automatically get into the playoffs.

-The top two vote getters of the 4 division winners receive a first round bye.

-The 2 teams with the most votes that didn't win the division get in as wild cards.

-Playoff match-ups will be seeded by number of votes, and ties will be settled by a coin toss.

Thanks for the suggestions on how to run this everyone, first time contest runner here ^_^

Archived