Thrift Store Gems '09

Sc8b

I recently found a store called AJ Wright www.aj-wright.com

I purchased a Road Tigers, Home Cubs and Home White Sox for $7.99 each! I'll post pictures later.

If I could fit into a meduim I would a have bought a home Mets, home Dodgers and home Rockies too!

-Dan

I saw an ad for them and they were advertising Authentic jerseys for 19.99...they are replicas right?

Yep replicas!

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got a couple more today from A.J. Wright:

Replica Garrett Anderson Angels Home Jersey for $20 (I'll probably take the name off)

Ken Griffey Jr. Reds T-Shirt Jersey for $5

AJ Wright is a great store for cheap jerseys. I found several Mitchell and Ness hockey jerseys and didn't pay more than $40 for each. :D

Sweet! What location did you get the hockey jerseys at?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Replica Garrett Anderson Angels Home Jersey for $20 (I'll probably take the name off)

AJ Wright is a great store for cheap jerseys. I found several Mitchell and Ness hockey jerseys and didn't pay more than $40 for each. :D

-Dan

I bought the majority of them at the AJ Wright in Saginaw, which closed a couple years ago. :( I've stopped in the one in Flint several times, but haven't seen any lately. It'd be nice if they had some during the winter, but I'm beginning to think finding those jerseys was pure luck.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

CardsTigers.png

Found these at TJ Maxx awhile back. The hat on the left is the 1903 Cardinals and the one on the left is the 1908 Tigers. $10 a piece. :D

I got this beauty for $5 at the TJ Maxx in Tyson's Corner:

pMLB2-2546134dt.jpg

They had some other ones at the one in Fairfax, but they were only in 6 7/8 or 7.

-Dan

I bought the majority of them at the AJ Wright in Saginaw, which closed a couple years ago. :( I've stopped in the one in Flint several times, but haven't seen any lately. It'd be nice if they had some during the winter, but I'm beginning to think finding those jerseys was pure luck.

The three jerseys I mentioned were at the Flint location. I am going to the Warren and Oak Park locations tomorrow.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

I recently found a store called AJ Wright www.aj-wright.com

I purchased a Road Tigers, Home Cubs and Home White Sox for $7.99 each! I'll post pictures later.

If I could fit into a meduim I would a have bought a home Mets, home Dodgers and home Rockies too!

-Dan

I saw an ad for them and they were advertising Authentic jerseys for 19.99...they are replicas right?

Yep replicas!

-Dan

The majority are replicas, but I've found quite a few authentics at the AJ Wright by me. Most of them are of traded players, but you never know. A couple months ago I picked up an authentic Justin Morneau Twins home jersey. The stitching was messed up inside, but you can't tell from the outside.

Yesterday I went and got a purple Kyle Boller Ravens jersey for $12. I got it mostly because I thought it was funny, and they didn't have much else that really interested me.

I stopped by AJ Wright after work. I bought a Home Cardinals ($9.99) and a Home Tigers ($9.99 for the gf). Too bad I'd be swimming in a 2X or I'd have a Yankees and Braves too.

They had a lot of basketball and football.

They had Farve Jets jerseys and Moss Pats jerseys however they were missing the front number.

This place is great, I'll stop by every 2 months or so.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

I picked this beauty up at a local TJ Maxx store for $24, regular $70. It's a NikeFit dry, all screened, except for the patch on the chest. Beautiful looking jersey, and the fact that it has Bimbo on the front makes it all the better!

IMG_5174.jpg

IMG_5175.jpg

IMG_5178.jpg

I just picked up the same jersey at TJ Maxx tonight for $25.00. It seems to be a pretty good quality jersey. I'm not sure if it's authentic though. I don't know much about soccer jerseys. I've been telling my wife about Club America's sponsor, Bimbo, and that if I ever saw one of their jerseys I was going to get it.

Hmmm....an AJ Wright's just opened near my house. I may have to go check out that place.

I need more jerseys like I need a hole in my head....

Same here, but if the jersey's cheap and looks sharp, I'll buy it. :D

Bloodhound.gif

Hmmm....an AJ Wright's just opened near my house. I may have to go check out that place.

I need more jerseys like I need a hole in my head....

Same here, but if the jersey's cheap and looks sharp, I'll buy it. :D

I'm not in Spyboy's neighborhood yet, but I'm looking at a closet with over 60 jerseys in it (Most of them hockey).

I have a habit of buying stuff, tossing it in the house, and said stuff never sees the light of day again.....

I love AJ Wright stores:

BravesHat.png

$3.99 for a New Era Atlanta Braves batting practice hat. :blink::shocked:

:blink: If that AJ Wright isn't too far out of your way, I will definitely make it worth your while to grab me one of those. I wear a Medium. Did they have any other teams?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I love AJ Wright stores:

BravesHat.png

$3.99 for a New Era Atlanta Braves batting practice hat. :blink::shocked:

:blink: If that AJ Wright isn't too far out of your way, I will definitely make it worth your while to grab me one of those. I wear a Medium. Did they have any other teams?

I dug around, and that was the only one I found.

Bloodhound.gif

I shouldn't have gone to AJ Wright's.

I picked up a gray Braves replica jersey, a black Falcons authentic jersey with Dunn's name and number on it, and a white Falcons replica jersey with Harrington's name and number on it....all for under $50.

Found this at Goodwill for 5 dollars. I'm not sure on if its legit because I've never seen a Sand Knit up close so any help you guys could give me is appreciated

Front

DSC02926.jpg

Back

DSC02928.jpg

Tag

DSC02927.jpg

Close up

DSC02929.jpg

And a Marshalls pickup for 10 bucks

DSC02930.jpg

DSC02931.jpg

sig.jpg