Thrift Store Gems '09

Sc8b

Well, the old thread was many pages back and getting full, plus it's 2009 now, so time for a new thrift store gems thread.

I went out looking today and only found one thing, but it was a nice deal. An authentic Chicago Cubs BP hat (the current style) for 99 cents. Sure it has a white "C" and those ugly red things on the side, but it's a $20 hat (EDIT: I guess a $28 hat on the official website) and they're my favorite team, so I'll call it a good deal.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tonight I got a replica Red Sox jersey for $9, regularly $90. It was at a Dick's Sporting Goods, and marked down because Coco Crisp was traded.

Now I just have to find one of those places that'll change out the name and number for me.. If anybody can help with that, please don't hesitate to PM me and junk.

TDZiMMB.png

Just tonight I got a replica Red Sox jersey for $9, regularly $90. It was at a Dick's Sporting Goods, and marked down because Coco Crisp was traded.

Now I just have to find one of those places that'll change out the name and number for me.. If anybody can help with that, please don't hesitate to PM me and junk.

http://www.exclusivepro.com/

This is where I got my Orioles ones done, they came back perfect. I only got the names re done (Sosa-->Markakis, and Tejada-->Jones) Not the #'s. But it only cost me around $30 for the name and shipping

You would be best to find somebody else with #10, or change it to something that starts with a 1 or ends in a 0, maybe Youkilis #20? That would be much easier and cheaper.

saBS.png

Well, the old thread was many pages back and getting full, plus it's 2009 now, so time for a new thrift store gems thread.

I went out looking today and only found one thing, but it was a nice deal. An authentic Chicago Cubs BP hat (the current style) for 99 cents. Sure it has a white "C" and those ugly red things on the side, but it's a $20 hat (EDIT: I guess a $28 hat on the official website) and they're my favorite team, so I'll call it a good deal.

Was it a used cap? If so, then it's not a good deal. :P

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Well I got a St. Louis Cardinals T-Shirt, even though I do not follow them, at all.

It's just a red T-Shirt with the Primary logo on it, and it fits perfect.

$3

It's just like this:

cardinalstshirt.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

http://www.exclusivepro.com/

This is where I got my Orioles ones done, they came back perfect. I only got the names re done (Sosa-->Markakis, and Tejada-->Jones) Not the #'s. But it only cost me around $30 for the name and shipping

You would be best to find somebody else with #10, or change it to something that starts with a 1 or ends in a 0, maybe Youkilis #20? That would be much easier and cheaper.

Thanks for that, its a bit more expensive than I would have liked.. Although, it is a Red Sox home, so no name is necessary, but since it has replica numbers (which don't even look close to the real ones) I would probably look to get those replaced. I'm starting to think that this could just be a big winter project for me. I'm also attempting to scrape the nameplate off a replica Patriots jersey.

TDZiMMB.png

Was it a used cap? If so, then it's not a good deal. :P

Haha, good point. It didn't look to have ever been worn and it had no smell, but I gave it a nice wash with soap just in case.

Also, I thought those BP caps were supposed to dry faster than the normal ones? I washed this one the same way I wash all my others and it seemed to actually take longer to dry...

I picked this up at a Sports Authority for 10 bucks

DSC02503.jpg

DSC02512.jpg

DSC02513.jpg

Only thing that bugs me is that the MLB logo isn't in green

DSC02511.jpg

That's a really nice deal. My uncle was going to buy me one when they were first worn a couple years back, but they were sold out. I'd still like to get one.

Not sure if this belongs in this thread but today I got my hands on unused Twins season tickets that were for this past season's playoffs. Two tickets for all 5 games of the ALDS, all 7 games for the ALCS, and all 7 games of the World Series (no clue why?). More of a novelty than anything but it made my day. I got them for free.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight at a Champs location here in Raleigh I picked up a Bobcats Richardson swingman jersey (75 bucks) for $4.99 because Richardson was traded in December.

Maybe not a great deal because of what the jersey is, but for 5 bucks I figured I couldn't go wrong.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Found two fully crested gems in a Cash Converters the other day,

2004 Vincent Lecavalier (with "A")

and a White Lady Liberty Lindros with "A"

checking online to find a 2004 Cup patch to slap on the Vcav jersey

What is Cash Converters?

How much did they run you?

Can you post pics.

Not trying to be a pain.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011