Thrift Store Gems '09

Sc8b

Picked this up earlier tonight at Goodwill for $5.50. I think its a replica but the jersey material is thicker than my other Champion jerseys and is a thinner cut on the sides in comparison with another college jersey I have made by Champion.

Front

DSC02585.jpg

Back

DSC02586.jpg

Closeup of under the arm

DSC02587.jpg

sig.jpg

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't read the size tag, but it looks like XL - which means I think you have an early-mid '90s Champion authentic on your hands. The heavier-looking screenprinting and micromesh looks different than anything I've ever seen.

Either way, great pickup for a five-spot.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I saw (didn't buy) a warmup jacket, presumably basketball (or could be cheerleeading) with the letters SIU on them. The trim colors were black and red -- not the current Southern Illinois maroon.

This was the same kind of scratchy double-knit common in the 70s and before. Ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
Wooo, got a score today!

A Koho Maple Leafs Alternate from Value Village for $20 bucks! I had been tracking a Lindros Leafs on ebay, think I'll get this one crested instead

But Eric, Lindros only wore the RBK branded one, not the Koho!

BTW, msg me and I will talk to you about a cresting deal. =P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I was on ebay today and came across some cool stuff from this one seller. It's not dirt cheap, but I wouldn't expect to find Tupelo T-Rex jerseys anywhere anymore. $25 for a rare jersey isn't too bad. I'd love to have the CCCP jofa helmet, but I'd want to actually wear it in games. They have stuff from movies too.

Link

• 3 weeks later...

I need to find some of these stores down here in the Dallas area. The Marshall's across the road from my neighborhood only has white Roy Williams 31# jerseys in stock. When I lived in Indianapolis, Value City was an awesome store to find all kinds of deals.

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

I didn't pick it up at a thrift store, but instead off of the clearance rack at my local sporting goods store. It is a Russell dealer sample of the jersey that the West team wore in the 2008 Little League World Series. It was only $6 after tax.

LLWSWestJersey001.jpg

LLWSWestJersey002.jpg

LLWSWestJersey003.jpg

LLWSWestJersey004.jpg

The great thing is, it's a Russell jersey, so not only did 12-year-olds wear it, but 12-year-olds also made it!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Last year I purchased a Earl Boykins, Denver Nuggets authentic jersey for $20.00 at the Nuggets Team Store inside the Pepsi Center.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

• 3 weeks later...

2000307740100337552S500x500Q85.jpg

I just got this today at Savers for $6. It's a 94-95 & 95-96 Manchester United home jersey with a picture of Old Trafford woven into the body of the shirt.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I saw a Sixers jersey from the 1990s (the one that Charles Barkley hated).

It was the red version of this.

I think it was a pro-cut (the tags said a +2), but it was too small for me, and had been washed in hard water too many times. Not for me.

Sweet mother, you really missed an opportunity to make some cash there. :blink: :blink:

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived