2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

And you're more or less justified in taking that approach DC, it's just too negative for me. I'm that way in most things. Always think for the best and deal with disappointment later.

My question is, do you assume everyone's dirty, or are you just totally prepared to see someone's name pop up in a report?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1-You are a damn fool for thinking that they can sell out every night on that population and their economic engines. If they were winning I think they may draw 10% more. Families lives live beyond supporting every local sport team, NJTank. Not just to smirk on you, but all the other recently new, teenage posters who are in a one team town, really they do. You still don't know mucg about living a life.

While that all may be correct, you have to understand, Pittsburgh fans will come out in droves to see a winner. The dedication people in this city have to a winning team is truly amazing. If the Pirates were able to turn it around and make a run for a few years, and be competitive, they could sell out regularly. I mean, if the Pirates can sell out a game against the Nats while in last place just because of fireworks, they sure as hell would be able to sell out games against the Cards or Brew if they were fighting for the division or wild card. This team does have a legacy, and there are still a ton of people who were around during the glory days of the 70s, or even earlier. Baseball has been around here for a long time, like Cincy.

No, they wont sell out every game and have record attendance, but they would have a huge improvement in attendance, and merchandise.

Times may be tough here, but people around here never give up their sports. Its kind of all we've got at the moment.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

I'm more interested for the LeBron James on HGH report than any of the baseball ones. Everyone knows MLB was full of it. I can't wait for everyone to find out about an NBA HGH bombshell and have everyone flipping out when they shouldn't be.

You wanna know why there aren't any steroid suspicions in the NBA or NFL? Because they actually tested for it during baseball's steroid era, and theirs got stronger after. If someone tests positive in the NBA or NFL, it comes out, they get punished, they accept their punishment, and come back soon. They don't have the crap that baseball goes through, with all this secrecy and speculation around it. The reason why there's a shock in baseball is because baseball let it go on and turned a blind eye to it for so long.

Is it me, or when all this steroids talk dies down, a report "is leaked" about a player or players who took PEDs at a certain point of time?

They just need to release the list all at once so we can get over this whole thing. Instead of individual players going through the whole charade of "I apologize for using steroids, but also I only used them to help come back from an injury" line every couple months, we can just use that as the blanket assumption for every name on the list. I think in this time when it's so obvious who used that it's more about the principle of just admitting that you were caught and it will make you look better than the Bonds and Clemens of the world who've tried to dodge and deny the issue for the last ten years.

Gary Sheffield is the perfect example. He admitted to using steroids and then a few weeks later when he hit his 500th homer everybody seemed to forget what he said just a short time earlier.

I believe that the NY Times is holding the list ransom and will, over time, release names at random.

All the more reason why the powers that be in the MLB and the Players Union should just bite the bullet and release the damn list already. Obviously other people know about the list and what's on it, and even if they don't people can "leak" names out there saying that they are and no one can say otherwise unless a list is produced. In the eyes of the public any name that comes out is automatically guilty and everyone else is suspect. How on Earth is this any better for the health of MLB? This carousel can go on indefinably unless those in authority produce the actual truth. Yes the backlash might be great at first, but I think it would be better for the game if they took a single blow all at once than a death by a thousand tiny cuts.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I hate the term "They all used" because they all didn't use. A ton of players used from the superstar to the scrub. But they did not all use. For those that wanna throw everyone in that era into a big pot fine, but if I were a player I would be pretty offended by that statement because it simply is not true. It's too bad we will never find out who did and didn't use. But it was not every single player.

And before that, everyone trusted A-Rod and wanted him to be the man to pass Barry cause he we all knew he was clean and pure.

Personally, I don't trust a single player who played during the steroid-era. Not Pujols. Not Griffey. None of 'em.

Not me. I never could stand the guy. I was happy when the "A-Rod is God" bubble was burst by PEDs. Griffey was and still is clean. His career is too "normal" for it to be otherwise (I sure hope I'm not eating those words in the future. :D )

BB52Big.jpg

Griffey was and still is clean. His career is too "normal" for it to be otherwise (I sure hope I'm not eating those words in the future. :D )

While I'm rather pessimistic over most players and steroids, I have to agree. No one on steroids would be injured nearly has much as Griffey was in Cincinnati.

Dodgers acquire Sherrill from O's for prospects (LHP Scott Elbert, 3B Josh Bell and RHP Steve Johnson).

Elbert's not in it, just Bell and Johnson.

Pretty good deal for the O's. Bell looks to take over 3B for Mora maybe sometime next year. Johnson has ties to the O's, his dad use to play for them and is now a broadcaster. Seems like solid value, especially since no one seemed to want Sherrill as a closer.

Dodgers acquire Sherrill from O's for prospects (LHP Scott Elbert, 3B Josh Bell and RHP Steve Johnson).

Pretty good deal for the O's. Bell looks to take over 3B for Mora maybe sometime next year. Johnson has ties to the O's, his dad use to play for them and is now a broadcaster. Seems like solid value, especially since no one seemed to want Sherrill as a closer.

Which will kill my fantasy team...no saves, no worth...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Fixed.

ESPN is reporting that Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz both tested positive for PED's in 2003.

Stunning news. <_<

Is there a star player from the early 00s who didn't use? I honestly think Pujols will be next to join the club.

Honestly want.

So do I. I would wish for nothing more than this utter farce performed by the media of trying to find and pump up a "pure" star to chase home run/other offensive stats to come to an end because such a star does not exist.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Which will kill my fantasy team...no saves, no worth...

So just dump Sherrill and pick up the new Orioles closer. C'mon now.

6uXNWAo.png

ESPN is reporting that Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz both tested positive for PED's in 2003.

Time to vacate all the Red Sox wins from that date :D

I'd be all for that once the Yankees are forced to do the same.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I hope the Cubs can pick up Grabow, they really need another lefty in the bullpen. The Dodgers are looking scary now with the addition of Sherrill. But it would be nice to see them get just one win against the Cards.

And about Ortiz, I'm just surprised that it didn't come out earlier. The guy didn't do anything with the Twins then he comes to Boston and all of a sudden is the best clutch hitter in the game. I'm holding out hope that Pujols is clean, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it came out that he took steroids.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Time to vacate all the Red Sox wins from that date :D

I'd be all for that once the Yankees are forced to do the same.

Doesn't surprise me that a Beantowner would say that. :D

Here's something I'm surprised no Beantowner--or anyone, for that matter--has mentioned thus far...now watch this one very closely:

The New York Times reported that two Boston Red Sox players tested positive for PED's in 2003.

Conspiracy theorists and Beantowners...have fun with that one. :wacko:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived