2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Just a glance at all 30 rosters here are the only key players currently who were developled and drafted by the Mets

Orioles

Melvin Mora

Ty Wiggington

Marlins

Matt Lindstrom

Royals

Mike Jacobs

Twins

Carlos Gomez

Yankees

A.J. Burnett

Pirates

Lastings Milledge

Padres

Heath Bell

Rays

Scott Kazmir

Blue Jays

Marco Scutaro

Lasting Milledge? Right. Yeah, his first name says all you need to know about him "LAST". Anyway, there's a series called "Restoring the Rosters" on NBC about what the teams would look like if they had only the players they signed. It's in the Circling the Bases Blog.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about them Rockies? Eh?

Sure are one resilient baseball team. Tonight they had multiple chances to win the game, failed to do so. Gave up 3-runs in the top of the 14th, won it 6-2 in the bottom half on a walk-off grandslam!

Four up in the Wild Card, chipped the Dodgers division lead down to three games with a three game series with 'em starting in Denver tonight. Playing as well as any team in the league, right now, and looking like they can do some damage in the division. With the young talent, and the way they score in bunches, they have to be one of the more exciting teams to watch right now -- unfortunately they're probably not going to find their way onto many national telecasts.

IUe6Hvh.png

Sure are one resilient baseball team. Tonight they had multiple chances to win the game, failed to do so. Gave up 3-runs in the top of the 14th, won it 6-2 in the bottom half on a walk-off grandslam!

Four up in the Wild Card, chipped the Dodgers division lead down to three games with a three game series with 'em starting in Denver tonight. Playing as well as any team in the league, right now, and looking like they can do some damage in the division. With the young talent, and the way they score in bunches, they have to be one of the more exciting teams to watch right now -- unfortunately they're probably not going to find their way onto many national telecasts.

That's too bad, but they sure do deserve it. In 2007 everyone was just waiting for the collapse at the end of the season that didn't come. They don't have to put together that kind of streak this year, but the way they are playing should get more attention in the next couple of weeks. Especially if they handle the Dodgers this week.

Other Mets news: According to their beat writer, Santana's done for the rest of the season, he's going to have surgery on that elbow of his.

Also, the beat writer said that there's only 2 people from the Mets' opening day roster that HAVEN'T been on the DL: Luis Castillo and Danny Murphy. Honestly, just call the season a complete wash for the Mets, because I've NEVER seen a team as snakebitten as these guys were this year.

Should the Mets medical staff keep their jobs too like Omar said?

Omar says the Mets medical staff is top notch and one of the best hes worked with, and he don't see any reason to maker a change.

The Mets minor leagues sucked before all the injuries, and the coaching staff had this team had poor fundamentals keep at the start of the season.

How does everyone keep their job, and you expect it to get better.

If they dont make changes there will be even more injuries next year, who knows they may even kill somebody like they almost killed Ryan Church last year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Omar says the Mets medical staff is top notch and one of the best hes worked with, and he don't see any reason to maker a change.

The Mets minor leagues sucked before all the injuries, and the coaching staff had this team had poor fundamentals keep at the start of the season.

If they dont make changes there will be even more injuries next year, who knows they may even kill somebody like they almost killed Ryan Church last year.

The Mets should fire their fan base too :P

The Mets should fire their fan base too :P

At this point, the fan base has voluntarily resigned....

I saw, I came, I left.

Firing the medical staff is always something brought up on message boards. I don't see how all of the Mets injuries are their fault. The Mets have just had a lot of bad luck this season. Unless the medical staff is doing something horribly wrong, which I highly doubt, I don't see how anyone could blame them for the Mets' disappointing season.

Haven't we been through this already? Aren't you a supposed to be Red Sox fan? :D Seriously though, how about the entire NL West? No one expected a thing from anyone in that division yet here are the Dodgers, Rockies, and Giants duking it out. I love it.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Never mind.

Brad Lidge needs to be executed. This is unbelievable how bad he is. I've never seen a bigger c-word on the mound before.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Never mind.

Brad Lidge needs to be executed. This is unbelievable how bad he is. I've never seen a bigger c-word on the mound before.

Uncle Chollie is stubbornly loyal to Lidge. I don't know if this guy is ever getting it right in 2009.

Time to go closer-by-committee.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Haven't we been through this already? Aren't you a supposed to be Red Sox fan? :D Seriously though, how about the entire NL West? No one expected a thing from anyone in that division yet here are the Dodgers, Rockies, and Giants duking it out. I love it.

Definitely... everybody thought the Dodgers would run away with it, and it looked like they were going to for a while.

Fortunately I get all the Rockies game here in South Dakota. Just as in '07, I'll cheer just as hard for the Rockies as I do the Red Sox unless they meet up down the road.

IUe6Hvh.png

Never mind.

Uncle Chollie is stubbornly loyal to Lidge. I don't know if this guy is ever getting it right in 2009.

Time to go closer-by-committee.

I hate to say it, but if a-hole Myers can stop falling out of Escalades, he may be the only hope.

Just look at the look on Lidge's face - that's a guy that just doesn't have it. At this point, he's not even a man.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived