2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to the Nationals for their 100th loss.

They have 7 more games against the Braves, so I'm hoping for at least 7 more losses. However, I'm sure the Nats will the the team to officially eliminate the Braves from the playoffs. Good luck with your one bright spot Washington!

I have a feeling that the Nats will take 3 games from the Braves, thus eliminating them :P

Well, I was partially right.

Epic Fail 2001-2008 Yankees: 0 'Ships, roughly $1,471,684,093 in payroll.

Just sayin' tongue.gif

[TrueYankee26]But But we have 26 Championships from 1903-2000, we're the Yankees ane we're AWSUM!!!11!!!!!1[/TrueYankme26]

Already know his response before he even says it

The Nationals cap the 2009 season as the hottest team in baseball with a sweep of the Braves. Seven games in a row! Now they got momentum going into Spring Training.

Bring on the Grapefruit League!

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

The last 4 games of the season saw the Braves starters turn in 4 consecutive quality starts and still the team manages to lose to the Nats. I guess after they lost out on the playoffs they decided to say **** it huh? Great job guys!

That Twins farewell to the Metrodome was amazing. Very well done.

It was nicely done. And while the Tigers need to be thanked for slipping, the Twins have won 16 of their last 20. And now they'll play more than 162 for the 6th time in 8 years. That's about all I can ask for.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The last 4 games of the season saw the Braves starters turn in 4 consecutive quality starts and still the team manages to lose to the Nats. I guess after they lost out on the playoffs they decided to say **** it huh? Great job guys!

Seriously. I need another win out of Jurrjens to make my fantasy baseball playoffs, but leave it to the Braves to mess with me.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Well the O's avoid 100 losses by winning their last 4 games. Pretty amazing that the during the past 12 years the Orioles never managed to lose 100.

Anyway, I do think it was a successful season in terms of the rebuilding process. Wieters, Reimold, Tillman, and Matusz all got up to the bigs. Pie also finally found his stroke and looks to be at least an excellent 4th OFer (They best scenario is probably Pie in LF and Reimold at DH). Jones also looked like a superstar for at least the first 2 months (he didn't look that great afterwards though). I expect to see some improvement next year, along with the second wave of prospects (Arrieta, Bell and Snyder). 2011 could be the year we actual have a chance to compete.

Epic Fail Tampa Bay Rays!

At least it didn't cost The Rays a quarter of a billion dollars to win their pennant last season. Frankly, I'd rather lose than have to live with the fact that the only reason my team wins is because they have more money than everyone else. It's kinda like beating an 5th grader in a game of one-on-one.

Stay classy Yankee fan. Enjoy that first round exit.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

The last 4 games of the season saw the Braves starters turn in 4 consecutive quality starts and still the team manages to lose...

Story of the season. Story of the freaking season.

The last 4 games of the season saw the Braves starters turn in 4 consecutive quality starts and still the team manages to lose...

Story of the season. Story of the freaking season.

Jair Jurrjens should be down right pissed. He gave up 5+ runs in one game, had 14 games in which he only allowed 1 run or fewer, yet he still manages to get 10 losses.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived