2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twins lead Tigers 4-3 in the bottom of the seventh.

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Twins *ducks for cover*

Tied 4-4 in the top of the eight on Ordonez's solo HR.

Can these teams be any more evenly matched!? Every time one of them gets a run, the other one reciprocates. 4-4, top of the 10th.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Talk about a team limping into the post season. Phillies going with Lee and Hamels in games 1 and 2. OK, nothing too strange there. BUT - Blanton and Happ are starting the series in the bullpen! They're so beaten up with injuries in the 'pen, that Blanton and Happ will have to be available for late-inning work. Meaning that if one has to pitch, the other would likely start game 3, but if both have to pitch, then Pedro Martinez would start game 3, and one of the two would have to come back and start game 4. Wow.

Another "wow" - when asked about who the closer will be, Uncle Charlie's response: "Hard to tell. I'll answer that when we get there. Whoever see walking out there."

http://zozone.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/10/its_lee_in_game_1.html

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived