Logos You Like That Everyone Else Hates

crashcarson15

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OKC Thunder - Not as bad of logo as it's made out to be IMO. I like the colors, too.

Charlotte Bobcats - Not bad at all, really... though I'd prefer if they made their alternate logo the main logo.

Washington Wizards - I like the colors.

New York Islanders fisherman - I liked them better than what they have now. Navy and orange. Oh joy. At least go back to royal blue.

I might be one one the only people on planet Earf who actually liked that Arizona State football uniform from a couple years ago--the one that utilized the Crillee wordmark and numbers. Don't know why, but I liked those. Still do.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Logos and uniforms I like and/or feel nostalgic for:

The Senators alternate set with the gold stripes and black laurel leaves. I bought one of these in the third period at a game at the Corel Centre against the Habs and the Sens responded by coming back and winning the game in OT.

The Rangers' Mike Richter Mask NYR/Lady Liberty logo. One of the classiest hockey shields and a victim of Reebok's "templatization.

The Atlanta Hawks red-and-yellow 80s uniforms. Always liked the curving white bar on the front with "Hawks" on it. Unique.

The Ravens winged B "Lawsuit" logo--much better than the current piece of bird barf.

The Kings "Burger King" logo--in the center of a white or purple sweater it might have worked. but the jersey with the offeset crest was ugmo.

That's all I got.

How about those...

Mets?

Packers?

Rangers?

Knicks?

Titans?

Owner of the New York Night Owls 1999 champions in the All World Football League.

I'm with you, GBM. I love the navy Chargers look. I wouldn't say I hate the powder blue, but I think the navy jersey's twice as nice.

Also, throw me in as an Oregon jersey supporter. I can't recall which year, since they change seemingly every year, but it was after Joey Harrington. I think it was the first year for the yellow, er lightning, alt. The jerseys were thunder/green, not black.

I actually liked the old Phoenix Coyotes logo and 3rd jersey. I even wanted to get a Yotes 3rd jersey.

Some of you may dislike the current AHL Syracuse Crunch logo. I didn't like it at first. But it grew on to me and is now one of my favorites. I actually know someone who got involved in designing that logo.

There was the Adirondack Frostbite logo that I liked. I could easily relate to that logo. The jerseys were good looking as well.

There's more. But this is all I can think of at the moment.

I love, everybody else hates

[image]

[image]

the problem with logos like the sabres 'goat head, isles 'fisherman' is the logos they replaced. in the case of the sabres the old circle sabres logo and in the case of the isles, the long island logo. fans have an affinity to the previous designs and when identities are overhauled as in the case of isles, sabres, then they get rejected. otherwise if they were for a stand alone minor league team or expansion team they would be great identities.

i don't know what the love/hate relationship with this logo is but its my personal favorite canucks logo todate.

281.gif

also count me in the minority who thoroughly enjoyed these mid 90's alts:

ThirdJerseys.gif

I also liked that rainstorm alternate the bolts had years ago. i actually own one that sits in my closet.

i also dug the defunct WHA logos:

1009.gif

1698.gif

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I don't mind the black drop shadow on the Mets and in the rest of their color scheme. They should always wear pinstripes at home with the blue hat though.

I loved the Marlins wearing teal as their primary color. Even their solid teal hat.

Everyone loves a roundel.

I love, everybody else hates

[image]

[image]

the problem with logos like the sabres 'goat head, isles 'fisherman' is the logos they replaced. in the case of the sabres the old circle sabres logo and in the case of the isles, the long island logo. fans have an affinity to the previous designs and when identities are overhauled as in the case of isles, sabres, then they get rejected. otherwise if they were for a stand alone minor league team or expansion team they would be great identities.

But the Flames horsehead did not replace the classic Flaming C, yet it was still rejected. Even though I think it represented the city really well. I guess Flames fans didn't want anything taking any attention away from their primary logo, even though it was not being overshadowed.

I'm okay with the SuperBowl logo, but pretty obvious everyone hates it.

43.jpg

It's weak compared to previous SB logos, but I don't hate it.

I like that logo too. At first I hated it, but the last few times I've seen it I've liked it more and more. Sure it's kind of generic, but if you overlook that it's a really good logo.

theo27mn.jpg

I used to be the proud owner of one of these. I think I returned it for an Oilers' jersey.

Best Flames uniform ever, IMO.

It was an underrated jersey but I think the diagonal stripe turned people away

Alright Logos/Uniforms I love everyone else hates

890.gif

4573.gif

NHLlkasdjfkd.jpg

318.gif

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived