2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Drew22

-NC State was beating Duke in the middle of the second half, and lost by 17.

-Illinois is starting to get hot at the right time. They smacked Ohio State at home last night.

Tonight #10 Clemson travels to #5 UNC, where the haven't won in 53 attempts.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Illinois is starting to get hot at the right time. They smacked Ohio State at home last night.

Tonight's the night.

Wake Forest is Number 1, that's all I care about :D Hopefully they can hold on to it for longer than 2 weeks like last time.

Nope.

Virginia Tech 78, Wake Forest 71 - Final

*Has brewski with the '76 Hoosiers* :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Some other notable news from tonight...

-Northwestern is legit: Wildcats snap Michigan State's 27 game home streak.

-THE STREAK IS OVER!: NJIT finally wins with a ten point win against Bryant (I think a certain board member called it).

That was surely a result of Woody Paige's pep talk on Around the Horn.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Tonight's the night.

So I just tuned into the game to see if it was any good late...93-67 UNC with 2:00 left. Wow. Well, at least you were behind your team.

Wake Forest is Number 1, that's all I care about :D Hopefully they can hold on to it for longer than 2 weeks like last time.

Nope.

Virginia Tech 78, Wake Forest 71 - Final

I guess that's not surprising. VT is always good for some humongous upset every now and then.

Tonight's the night.

Scratch that. Maybe next time.

Both my teams got walloped last night. Sparty got their asses handed to them by Northwestern. Hopefully this gets it out of their system and they can start focusing on all teams, not just the big games.

Pete LoPresti of USA TODAY interviewed Quinn Buckner recently and Pete asked him if Quinn's unbeaten 1976 Indiana national championship team still celebrates the last unbeaten team to lose....the answer is an obvious one. No, they do not. Hopefully, the '72 Dolphins get the memo.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Pete LoPresti of USA TODAY interviewed Quinn Buckner recently and Pete asked him if Quinn's unbeaten 1976 Indiana national championship team still celebrates the last unbeaten team to lose....the answer is an obvious one. No, they do not. Hopefully, the '72 Dolphins get the memo.

1) The '76 Hoosiers are not the only team to ever go unbeaten through a season whereas the '72 Dolphins are the only team in their respective leagues.

2) Why is it such a big deal? It's a great achievement, let them celebrate it.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Wow tonight Syracuse was horrible. I know the team's going through a few injuries right now, but that's no excuse for the way they played tonight. They better get their act together soon if they want to prevent a complete freefall from the top 10 to the NCAA Tournament bubble.

And thank god the lacrosse title defense starts in about 2 weeks. Cause the basketball team's giving me ageda as of late.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Wow!

Wake vs Duke was a great game!

Wake gets a game winning lay up at .8 seconds left.

New #1 next week!

Gahahahaha, I want to rip my hair out right now, if Henderson could have foud some way to hand Scheyer the ball with seconds they would have had it....but they played a great game and to me College Basketball Rankings dont matter that much since thier is a Tornament at the end. Good Game Wake, looking foward to taking yall down in Cameron :D

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

"Duke is Duke, they're on more than Leave it to Beava"

As an ASU Alum the way they're playing and are on top of the Pac 10 at the moment, Herb Sendek has brought this team around. Now to make James Harden play another season.

Archived