2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Drew22

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to see Indiana-Illinois on Sunday.

Tom Crean is so intense, I wonder if I will watch him die of apoplexy then. I also wonder if I can root for Illinois in the Indiana student section without getting lynched.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Less than 24 hours until UNC/Duke pt. 1.

I'm pretty excited. Yet nervous.

Why were you? Meningitis?

Student in K-ville contracts meningitis

A Duke University freshman was diagnosed Tuesday with meningicoccal meningitis and was being treated at Duke University Hospital, officials said.

The unidentified female student had been camped out in Krzyzewskiville, the location near Cameron Indoor Stadium where students wait for basketball game tickets, to get tickets to Wednesday night's game against the University of North Carolina.

New favorite quote:

"We come to Duke to win these games," said red-eyed senior guard Greg Paulus, whose career will end without a home victory against the Tar Heels. "It hurts. It really does, and now I don't get another chance to do it at home."

Ha. I hate Greg Paulus.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I like this one, courtesy of UNC beat writer Adam Lucas:

The undergrads inhabiting Tent 1 in Krzyzewskiville staked their claim on Dec. 26, 47 days ago. Added over four years of college life, that's 188 days--over half a year--in a tent to watch four losses.

Notre Dame just snapped their seven game losing streak with a 90-57 beatdown of the #7 Louisville Cardinals. Wow... that's how you snap a losing streak. Unfortunately, I'm they're probably still NIT bound.

Fantasy wise, Harangody got me 50+ pts in the NCFA

I like this one, courtesy of UNC beat writer Adam Lucas:
The undergrads inhabiting Tent 1 in Krzyzewskiville staked their claim on Dec. 26, 47 days ago. Added over four years of college life, that's 188 days--over half a year--in a tent to watch four losses.

Ha, I know a freshman who camped out in line.

But seriously, you both suck. I really can't decide which team I hate more. I guess Duke now because we really need to beat them and come on, everyone hates Duke. Hopefully it will be possible since we beat the arch-rival who whooped Duke in Cameron, at their place. Can't wait!

Bring it, Duke. BC, Bitchezzz!

#6 UCLA Goes down to ASU, can you say season sweeeep. Aboya cost the game for UCLA with a technical foul by batting the ball away while it was still out of bounds. Great game Arizona State. 74-67. Now lets go and beat them Mildcats

#6 UCLA Goes down to ASU, can you say season sweeeep. Aboya cost the game for UCLA with a technical foul by batting the ball away while it was still out of bounds. Great game Arizona State. 74-67. Now lets go and beat them Mildcats

And thanks to the Sun Dorks, U-Dub is now the top dog (No pun intended) in the Pac-10.

And thanks to the Sun Dorks, U-Dub is now the top dog (No pun intended) in the Pac-10.

Which'll change when the Devils beats the puppies

Which'll change when the Devils beats the puppies

Impatient, aren't we Gary? You can wait two weeks for the rematch in Seattle, can you?

The injury to Paddy Mils will cost St. Mary's a bid. They tried but lost at home to the Zags, but a loss to Santa Clara as well will make the committee turn away from them even if the beat Utah St, and do well in the WCC tournament. This injury immediately helps a Big East or SEC Team. S*it happens.

You know what would have made the Indiana-Illinois game better? Keystone Kops music every time the Hoosiers were on offense.

(Final: Illinois 65, Indiana 52)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You know what would have made the Indiana-Illinois game better? Keystone Kops music every time the Hoosiers were on offense.

(Final: Illinois 65, Indiana 52)

Wow. I knew Indiana was going to stink it up this season, but damn. I never could of imagined seeing the once proud Hoosiers turn into a cellar dweller.

Archived