New Pirates Uniforms

dahatman

next thing that needs to be changed for the pirates "losing"

I'm pulling for one more losing season, just to hold the record for consecutive losing seasons outright.

As for the new look, I liked the vests but doesnt really bother me they are gone. Now about the new alt and its hat, nicely done guys.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the hat and black alternate alot. Glad to see them get rid of the red vest. I liked the white vest better than the sleeved jersey and the arching on the road jersey seems a little too much.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

While I miss the primary vests, all in all this is an upgrade. Now that the pinstriped alt and the primary homes are different cuts, it justifies the pinstripes' existence; it makes it more of a true alternate.

So does this mean the red on the MLB rear logo of the home New Era on field hat is going to be replaced?

I just saw one today I was going to buy for my cousin and it had the red on the rear MLB logo. Not that it would bother him, and not that it's that big of a deal to many. But the little things bother me.

2ly2w09.jpg

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I think at least one of their caps should have a yellow brim. Does anyone else think that that would look good? Maybe it's just 'cause I love yellow and I love contrast brims :)

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I think at least one of their caps should have a yellow brim. Does anyone else think that that would look good? Maybe it's just 'cause I love yellow and I love contrast brims :)

Right with you. A yellow brim would have beaten the white outline on that alternate cap by a country mile. I would have liked to have seen a black vest with yellow sleeves, too, but that's just me.

PIT_alt.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Right with you. A yellow brim would have beaten the white outline on that alternate cap by a country mile. I would have liked to have seen a black vest with yellow sleeves, too, but that's just me.

PIT_alt.jpg

And of course there needs to be black stirrups with yellow sanitary socks underneath. And NO RED!! haha

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

And of course there needs to be black stirrups with yellow sanitary socks underneath. And NO RED!! haha

Now you're talkin'. This was something I cranked out last year, and I left in the red mainly based on 1) the Pirates' insistence on keeping it at the time and 2) the fact that I suck with graphics software.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Vests and the stadium were the only things worthwhile about this franchise in the last 10 years. Now...well, PNC is still beautiful.

Unless of course in another stupid move to resemble their former World Champion teams they replaced all the grass with astroturf and raised the walls around the playing surface to 15 feet tall!

elbirdosjerseys-1-1.jpg

next thing that needs to be changed for the pirates "losing"

I'm pulling for one more losing season, just to hold the record for consecutive losing seasons outright.

As for the new look, I liked the vests but doesnt really bother me they are gone. Now about the new alt and its hat, nicely done guys.

You my friend are one sick puppy! :P Rooting for them having a record for most consecutive losing seasons? How could you? What kind of fan are you? Oh yeah, a very frustrated fan. I understand. I remember '03-'04 when the Kings had lost 9 in a row at the end of the year (one in overtime) and I figured why not lose the last two just to finish out the year on a losing note. Oh they did. They lost the last game (which was Lucky Luc's last game) in overtime on a Vinny Damphousse wrist shot. I've always hated that DAM-phousse!

You my friend are one sick puppy! :P Rooting for them having a record for most consecutive losing seasons? How could you? What kind of fan are you? Oh yeah, a very frustrated fan. I understand. I remember '03-'04 when the Kings had lost 9 in a row at the end of the year (one in overtime) and I figured why not lose the last two just to finish out the year on a losing note. Oh they did. They lost the last game (which was Lucky Luc's last game) in overtime on a Vinny Damphousse wrist shot. I've always hated that DAM-phousse!

Nah, I'm with him. Well, not about the Pirates, about whom I could hardly care less, but for this fan, the only thing more frustrating than a terrible team is a mediocre team. I'd rather any of my favorite teams lose 120 games than lose, say, 102 games. If you're gonna be bad, be record bad. Excel at being bad. Be good at being bad.

It's like, going 2-14 just sucks. But going 0-16? That's historic. That's something you tell your grandkids you saw once.

Which is why I haven't entirely given up on the Nats this year. Given the moves the team has made -- well, mostly not made -- this offseason, I think the Nats have a legitimate shot at losing 114 games in 2009. The Expos-Nats franchise record is 110, and no team in Washington has ever lost more than 113. I'll be a lot happier come September if the Nats are in a race to set (or avoid setting) either the franchise or the all-time Washington loss record than if the Nats are just toying with 90 or 100 losses again.

20082614447.png

I feel like the "P" and the number on the front of the Alts should be flipped, it would look much better with the "P" on the top left and the number bottom right, IMO.

Nope. Monograms or logos are always on the left chest and the numbers should either be at an even level on the right chest or not on there at all. No flip-flopping.

I feel like the "P" and the number on the front of the Alts should be flipped, it would look much better with the "P" on the top left and the number bottom right, IMO.

Nope. Monograms or logos are always on the left chest and the numbers should either be at an even level on the right chest or not on there at all. No flip-flopping.

Didn't realize there was a rule... who's rule is it?

Just think it looks better the other way, since it keeps the front number in the "normal" spot and I read things top to bottom, left to right.

Archived