4. Portland

5. Oklahoma City

6. Salt Lake City

7. Birmingham

8. Boise

9. Lincoln

10. Des Moines

Anyone can add to this list

No way to Toronto, especially after the disaster of the game there, no one in Canada cared.

Let me list the cities that deserve a NFL team before Chicago gets a second one

1. Los Angeles

2. Toronto

3. London

4. Portland

5. Oklahoma City

6. Salt Lake City

7. Birmingham

8. Boise

9. Lincoln

10. Des Moines

No way to Toronto, especially after the disaster of the game there, no one in Canada cared.

I disagree. The only thing people didn't care about were the ridiculous prices. Price of gas included, it's cheaper to drive 2 hours to Orchard Park and see the Bills there.

It's the only reason why most people didn't go, myself included.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

If the NFL were to expand outside of the US, it would no longer be the National Football League...It would be the International American Football League...

For once, can't we keep an American sport inside the US borders?

Fixed Your Post. :D

There, fixed YOUR post....See the dictionary or Wikipedia for the definitions of National and International...

*points to the NHL*

*reminds mkersey that the "National" in NHL originally meant Canada*

Then it should have been named "North American Hockey League"...

No.*

* See NFL Europe.

NFL Europe, WLAF, NFL Europa, whatever you want to call it was for the development of players...True, it was sponsored or owned by the NFL, but developing players for the NFL is still not the NFL...At least all of the names for that particular league were more correct...So, no, I don't "See NFL Europe", since it was NOT the NFL...

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Personally I'd like to see the NFL stay out of Canada, but whatever.

And FTR the Bills game up here was not the huge OMG THE NFL HAS GRACED US WITH THEIR PRESENCE event everyone thought it would be.

I can just see the trouble that a London team would create. The biggest problem would be travel of course. It's one of the reasons you would be hard pressed to find a professional team in Hawaii. It's just too far to travel for a weekly game.

From New York, it's five hours time difference to London, and three hours to California. And with going ahead in time, London games could start later (like at 6:00 p.m.) instead of earlier (like at 10:00 a.m. on the west coast), and still make it to a normal broadcasting schedule.

I wouldn't be terribly interested into expanding to London, but I don't think it's completely out of the question, either.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

How about Mayor Daley content himself with State money for his bloody Olympics and forget trying to get a second NFL team.

That is why he wants a second NFL, because he could use that stadium for the Olympics. It is just plain stupid. I personally don't want anything to do with the Olympics in the area, but the mayor doesn't seem to give up on the idea.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

1. Los Angeles

2. Toronto

3. London

4. Portland

5. Oklahoma City

6. Salt Lake City

7. Birmingham

8. Boise

9. Lincoln

10. Des Moines

60% of that list is down right laughable.

201222154_0f633bbfdb_o.png

1. Los Angeles

2. Toronto

3. London

4. Portland

5. Oklahoma City

6. Salt Lake City

7. Birmingham

8. Boise

9. Lincoln

10. Des Moines

No...all of those markets should indeed get a team before we consider Chicago for a second one.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1. Los Angeles

2. Toronto

3. London

4. Portland

5. Oklahoma City

6. Salt Lake City

7. Birmingham

8. Boise

9. Lincoln

10. Des Moines

No...all of those markets should indeed get a team before we consider Chicago for a second one.

I can't speak to the financial health of Chicago, but you don't think two teams alternating weeks at Soldier Field wouldn't be better supported than one team in Birmingham? Boise? Lincoln? I don't agree.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If the NFL were to expand outside of the US, it would no longer be the National Football League...It would be the International Football League...

*points to the NHL*

Not to mention the Toronto Blue Jays playing in the American League.

Well, Toronto is technically in America. ^_^

Well to be honest, I think the usual Toronto sports fan thinks the city already should have the NFL.

You know, the type of fan that makes the rest of Canada want to hate us.

Call it pointless nationalism if you will (you would probably be justified in that too), but the fact that Canadian football evolved as a separate game compared to its American counterpart just kind puts me off to the idea of a pro American football team in Canada.

The CFL and NFL feature two different and distinct brands of football, that like it or not, parallel nationalistic lines.

I understand the desire for a NFL team in Toronto. Toronto is, without a doubt, Canada's greatest city, and justifiably they want the best for themselves. And like it or not, the NFL has more glitz, glamour, and dare I say it, playing quality then the CFL. If the games of Canadian and American football were more or less indistinguishable, I would say "go for it" concerning a NFL team in Toronto.

That's not the case though. The CFL is distinctly our game, just as the NFL is distinctly theirs.

If the NFL were to expand outside of the US, it would no longer be the National Football League...It would be the International Football League...

*points to the NHL*

Not to mention the Toronto Blue Jays playing in the American League.

Well, Toronto is technically in America. ^_^

D'oh!

Touche good sir.

I can't speak to the financial health of Chicago, but you don't think two teams alternating weeks at Soldier Field wouldn't be better supported than one team in Birmingham? Boise? Lincoln? I don't agree.

Given how greatly the Bears dominate the Chicago sports scene, yes, those towns would support a team better than Chicago would support a second NFL team. Those Chicagoans who aren't Bears fans are typically die hard Packer Backers, and therefore aren't likely to shift their allegiance any time soon.

Much like Toronto and hockey, while you think the population would support multiple NFL teams, the demand for a second team just isn't there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Those Chicagoans who aren't Bears fans are typically die hard Packer Backers

Case in point. And I'm not shifting allegiances just because the Chicago Raiders put down tent stakes in Richard M. Daley Ultimate Fantasy Olympic Stadium in Washington Park.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I can just see the trouble that a London team would create. The biggest problem would be travel of course. It's one of the reasons you would be hard pressed to find a professional team in Hawaii. It's just too far to travel for a weekly game.

From New York, it's five hours time difference to London, and three hours to California. And with going ahead in time, London games could start later (like at 6:00 p.m.) instead of earlier (like at 10:00 a.m. on the west coast), and still make it to a normal broadcasting schedule.

I wouldn't be terribly interested into expanding to London, but I don't think it's completely out of the question, either.

I think that the English sport fans are always bloodthirsty... the "American Football" maybe didn't caught them at long because this sport is very "protected" in clothing terms unlike the rugby or soccer. And they love games with not-so-expensive tickets that timed from 80 to 90 minutes.

The NFL Europe final season featured 5 German teams and 1 Dutch team... no English team anymore.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Given how greatly the Bears dominate the Chicago sports scene, yes, those towns would support a team better than Chicago would support a second NFL team. Those Chicagoans who aren't Bears fans are typically die hard Packer Backers, and therefore aren't likely to shift their allegiance any time soon.

Much like Toronto and hockey, while you think the population would support multiple NFL teams, the demand for a second team just isn't there.

Or people who make the odd claim that Red Sox sellouts "prove" that Boston should have another baseball team.

Archived