49ers are officially changing unis next season

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Colorwerx: The shade of gold pants on these new uniforms are paler and lighter than the ones they are replacing. Definitely not the beige of the 80s and 90s... They are a lot shinier and less brown/tan. It could be the lighting that may be affecting the color -but the shade does look a lighter.

Could be a fabric-type difference. The Gold is - according to the official specs - to be the same as the previous set. But, certainly different than the '80s-'90s shade.

Colorwerx: The shade of gold pants on these new uniforms are paler and lighter than the ones they are replacing. Definitely not the beige of the 80s and 90s... They are a lot shinier and less brown/tan. It could be the lighting that may be affecting the color -but the shade does look a lighter.

Could be a fabric-type difference. The Gold is - according to the official specs - to be the same as the previous set. But, certainly different than the '80s-'90s shade.

You're probably right - it's probably because of the spotlight. So the uniform set is indeed a compromise of the Classic set and last year's set. They carried the monogram and the metallic gold from last year's set and integrated it with the styling points of the classic set including the cherry red jerseys.

Here are the 49ers' colors - as far as Pantone Textile colors go:

SanFrancisco49ers_FRC_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

That Red is - in fabric terms - exactly the same Red as used by the Falcons and Buccaneers.

Thanks for the info.... I can recall an article in which Jed York had these focus groups regarding the next 49er uniform back in 2008 and he said it was running 50/50 between classic and the 1996-2008 togs. This uniform is not a true throwback but the result of the opinion of these focus groups. That was probably another clue for this uniform - but it clearly isn't fully "championship" colors.

That Red is - in fabric terms - exactly the same Red as used by the Falcons and Buccaneers.

Colorwerx, is there any chance you could confirm what the actual pantone numbers for the red and gold are? If not it's cool not sure how much info you can and cant share.

I know it's on screen and screens and photo's no matter how well calibrated can be misleading but the red looks pretty close to pms187, am i close do i need to find better images?

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I know it's on screen and screens and photo's no matter how well calibrated can be misleading but the red looks pretty close to pms187, am i close do i need to find better images?

Nice guess.

(Shhhhh...don't tell anybody!)

Nice guess.

(Shhhhh...don't tell anybody!)

Thanks. (Don't worry, your secret's safe with me.)

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Really, all these need are white facemasks. I think those would look sweet given the white middle stripe on the helmet.

CW, any news about the logo? Is it the classic Montana-era logo or a recoloured version of the updated logo?

At least the San Francisco Giants doesn't have to worry about changing their gold drop shadow since they have the same metallic gold as the niners are using for their new duds (which is carried over from the previous set). *note checked your website*

At least the San Francisco Giants doesn't have to worry about changing their gold drop shadow since they have the same metallic gold as the niners are using for their new duds (which is carried over from the previous set). *note checked your website*

It's not the same Gold.

Really, all these need are white facemasks. I think those would look sweet given the white middle stripe on the helmet.

CW, any news about the logo? Is it the classic Montana-era logo or a recoloured version of the updated logo?

It's just a recolored version of the newer logo (just the Red has been changed).

It's not the same Gold.

Very close though - can't really tell - one is slightly darker than the other.

It's just a recolored version of the newer logo (just the Red has been changed).

Cool, thanks.

500newuni.jpg

Upon further review, the sleeves look pretty sweet.

However, they could do better with a red facemask and bring back the classic '49ERS' script.

Overall, I give the new uniforms a grade of B.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived