49ers are officially changing unis next season

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, as a Wii owner, I'm really starting to hate EA. Do they think only 10 year olds play on the Wii? Seriously, they're just pissing of their biggest demographic by doing this crap.

Now onto the jerseys - I like them. Hopefully the pants are metallic though, or else I won't like them so much.

spacer.png

You guys beat me to it. I just looked at this screen shot and at the Madden 10 for the Wii website as well. I really don't like this cartoonish new look to it. I also have a Wii and am frustrated with EA Sports as well. I really don't get.

I'm also not real sure about this new Niners uni. I love the old look but I really liked the threads they have now. I really wish they would keep it as a throwback and update the current look if they have too. The current set is already an update of older unifroms so why not keep it. I just don't understand this as well.

In defence of EA sports, they do realise that a WII game can't really work if its just a conversion of a game from other systems, they have to develop a seperate WII game, which they feel needs a seperate identity. That being said one of the best things about the Madden series is its visual look, and that WII game looks a bit awful to be honest!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If grey isn't elsewhere in a uniform, then it has no part being the color of the facemask.

No amount of rationalizing will change that.

Where is the uniform design rulebook which says that the facemask has to match a color on another part of the uni. Answer - There is no such thing as a uniform design rulebook. IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Well then. Let's make it purple. Or allow players to pick their own colors.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If grey isn't elsewhere in a uniform, then it has no part being the color of the facemask.

Where is the uniform design rulebook which says that the facemask has to match a color on another part of the uni. Answer - There is no such thing as a uniform design rulebook. IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Or, we can make the facemasks gray. I think that will be just fine.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

So these uniforms are basically the same design that they wore in the 80s, except they tweaked the colors and added 49ers script on the chest. Lovely. Let's all go back to 1989!!!

So these uniforms are basically the same design that they wore in the 80s, except they tweaked the colors and added 49ers script on the chest. Lovely. Let's all go back to 1989!!!

Yeah, but make sure to go back before December so patsox won't be born yet! :P

Grey is so stupid for the 49ers. Red or White would of been better.

So these uniforms are basically the same design that they wore in the 80s, except they tweaked the colors and added 49ers script on the chest.

Too bad the franchise has become a joke and one of the worst in the NFL now.

You can bring the uniforms back....but the team and players wearing them still blow.

Great, our jerseys alone just scream Nebraska. So much for standing out looking different.

No, they don't scream anything. Just another "ploy", for folks to try and forget how lame a franchise they are now and try and get them to remember Montana, Young, Rice, Taylor and Craig used to wear similar looking threads 20 years ago.

And, its too bad too. You could do so much, with red and vegas gold or red and beigeish-gold. You could liven up the helmet (which the team did very nicely with their last update). You could make the stripes match throughout. You could keep that out-of-place grey facemask out of the equation.

Alas, the Niners want to pretend these are the glory years, with these "new" uniforms. Then, they will trot out Singletary and one of the worst coaching staffs in football, with a bunch of stiff QB's, no WR's and very few known players anywhere, and people will quickly remember, this isn't 1988 anymore.

So these uniforms are basically the same design that they wore in the 80s, except they tweaked the colors and added 49ers script on the chest.

You can bring the uniforms back....but the team and players wearing them still blow.

Yes, but how do you feel about the socks?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Grey is so stupid for the 49ers. Red or White would of been better.

Hell, I would have preferred a black facemask to a grey one. At least it would help to tie in the helmet logo a little bit.

Yes, but how do you feel about the socks?

*snicker*

Archived