49ers are officially changing unis next season

In 5..4..3..2..1

Found this on a fan board on a 4/1/09 post. It looks rather official from the photo linked (could be leaked) If this is the case... It combines elements of the 1996-2008 uniforms with the 1980's uniforms. Championship colors for sure (with slight modifications in terms of color). However visual cues from the previous uniform set will be carried over apparently. The updated logo remains on the sleeve and helmet. The red becomes brighter, the gold helmet becomes duller. The pants looks considerably darker than the metallic gold - but not as brown as the 80s - but we'll see on April 25th. The numbers look to be white with gold trim. Any other internet searches regarding leaked photos of this (e.g. Digg) - the pages were removed.

http://forum.ninercaphell.com/showthread.php?t=8315

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been meaning to mention this one...

A couple of seasons ago, I mentioned that the 49ers had a new secondary logo - one that hadn't been officially released. Well, it looks like it never will - it's not part of the new logo/uniform package. This might be risky, but I'm gonna post it:

SanFrancisco49ers_SEC_2007-2008.png

I kinda like it.

This is a fabrication? or a hoax?

Both, I'm guessing.

That looks pretty convincing especially with the tiny "49ers.com" wordmark across the photo. I thought this would fit with the "color modifications" that you've mentioned regarding the 1980's colors.

The fact that it uses the old wordmark pretty much discredits it from the getgo.

VmWIn6B.png

Found this on a fan board on a 4/1/09 post. It looks rather official from the photo linked (could be leaked) If this is the case... It combines elements of the 1996-2008 uniforms with the 1980's uniforms. Championship colors for sure (with slight modifications in terms of color). However visual cues from the previous uniform set will be carried over apparently. The updated logo remains on the sleeve and helmet. The red becomes brighter, the gold helmet becomes duller. The pants looks considerably darker than the metallic gold - but not as brown as the 80s - but we'll see on April 25th. The numbers look to be white with gold trim. Any other internet searches regarding leaked photos of this (e.g. Digg) - the pages were removed.

Wow, those guys are completely out of the loop considering they still think that this is the Lions' new set...

http://currypoptart.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/lions-1.jpg

spacer.png

Wow, those guys are completely out of the loop considering they still think that this is the Lions' new set...

http://currypoptart.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/lions-1.jpg

More proof that membership in the CCSLC is mandatory if you wanna talk about leaked logos (unless you are Paul Lukas).

I've been meaning to mention this one...

A couple of seasons ago, I mentioned that the 49ers had a new secondary logo - one that hadn't been officially released. Well, it looks like it never will - it's not part of the new logo/uniform package. This might be risky, but I'm gonna post it:

SanFrancisco49ers_SEC_2007-2008.png

I kinda like it.

I would love this, except that the shadowing should be the other way on the 9. It looks very awkward to have such a symmetrical shape like a shield, and then have the numbers shadowed on the same sides. They should appear as symmetrical as possible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know Alabama State has gold helmet with white facemasks, too. They also have the "black-out" parts on the helmet to, so it makes it look extra cool.

What does that mean?

I'm pretty sure it's the clips that hold the mask to the helmet are black, as opposed to clear or white.

No, I'm talking about the black bumpers and pads on the helmets (like what Utah and Oregon has).

• 3 weeks later...

There was indeed a story about Reebok shipping the 49ers jerseys early, because they apparently were unaware they were revealing them during the Draft, and had thought they were already revealed. From what i understand only stores in the Bay area got the shipments. The rest will be waiting until after the Draft or have been marked with a "Do not Stock Until:" notice...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Judging by Andy Dolich's remarks in the Q&A section on Monday (49ers website)... Don't be surprised if the "championship colors" will return... Hint: It will be the old 49er uniform set of bright red jerseys and sand/gold/khaki pants... And also another hint was from last year when Jed York answered regarding bringing back the old set that today's players wear their uniforms differently than from 20 -25 years ago... (tighter jerseys, lack of sleeves). Therefore if anyone has photoshop - I believe the look will be like this...

Helmet - The same as it was during the Walsh/Montana/Young years; Jerseys - Bright red like before, but the TV numbers moved to the shoulder pads and the three stripes moved up the sleeve (Browns style) - single color numbers and trim like before; Pants - same color as the classic look - but the striping now standard sized (see Packers, Cowboys) rather than ultra wide; Socks - No candystriped socks - but the solid ones worn in the 1992-93 and 95 seasons. Shoes - probably a return to white.

I may be right on this one - except the colors may be off slightly in relationship to the 80's (different fabrics and dyes from that of the 80s - in deference to Colorwerx). Other than that - I might be wrong on the black shoes/white shoes choice.

Archived