49ers are officially changing unis next season

In 5..4..3..2..1

The Niners' old unis are a bad enough design. Or perhaps "bad" isn't the right word, but "dated" sure as hell is. And if they bring back the gray facemask on top of it, I will wish nothing but abject failure upon this franchise, respect and admiration for Mike Singletary be damned.

I guess with that flawed logic - the New York Giants be damned for bringing mismatched road and home pants and the 1958 look back.... the Jets for dropping the green helmets and envoking the memories of Joe Namath....and the Chiefs looking awfully dated with the late 60's look that Len Dawson could love.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For all wanting to know what the new uniforms will look like...

Here is the link:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...&type=49ers

It was posted today.... No more black drop shadow...no more logo creep...no more metallic gold or chili red - it's back to the old days like the New York Giants, Jets and whoever else is wearing slightly modified retro outfits. I think they will make some modifications for today's player but that's about it - the familiar colors ARE coming back.

For what it's worth, the colors of the new uniforms are NOT the old colors. They're modified versions of the old ones.

I've been planning a long, boring, detailed thread (Manifesto? I'm not sure.) about the history of the Niners' colors once these get unveiled.

Stay tuned...(!)

Or not.

:blink:

If you read the article - that's what it says...there's nothing cryptic about it... It's the old colors from the Walsh era... No shiny gold, no dark red... Buff or khaki will be the pants colors.

Colorwerx has inside information that is more reliable than the media. Trust him. If he says it's different, it is.

John Crumpacker is a well known 49er beat writer for the Chronicle - do you think he knows less than Colorwerx... Trust me, John's on top of things...

Here is the link:

It was posted today.... No more black drop shadow...no more logo creep...no more metallic gold or chili red - it's back to the old days like the New York Giants, Jets and whoever else is wearing slightly modified retro outfits. I think they will make some modifications for today's player but that's about it - the familiar colors ARE coming back.

For what it's worth, the colors of the new uniforms are NOT the old colors. They're modified versions of the old ones.

I've been planning a long, boring, detailed thread (Manifesto? I'm not sure.) about the history of the Niners' colors once these get unveiled.

Stay tuned...(!)

Or not.

If you read the article - that's what it says...there's nothing cryptic about it... It's the old colors from the Walsh era... No shiny gold, no dark red... Buff or khaki will be the pants colors.

Colorwerx has inside information that is more reliable than the media. Trust him. If he says it's different, it is.

John Crumpacker is a well known 49er beat writer for the Chronicle - do you think he knows less than Colorwerx... Trust me, John's on top of things...

ColorWerx gets the style guide information ahead of all of us. So with no disrespect to Mr Crumpacker, yes, ColorWerx is more reliable.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Here is the link:

Stay tuned...(!)

Or not.

There's next to no way he knows more than Colorwerx.

Here is the link:

Stay tuned...(!)

Or not.

ColorWerx gets the style guide information ahead of all of us. So with no disrespect to Mr Crumpacker, yes, ColorWerx is more reliable.

We'll have to wait until Apr. 25 - but I'm sticking with Crumpacker...

Here is the link:

Stay tuned...(!)

Or not.

Colorwerx did say they were modified colors-the difference could be difficult for the untrained eye to discern.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Here is the link:

Stay tuned...(!)

Or not.

Colorwerx did say they were modified colors-the difference could be difficult for the untrained eye to discern.

I agree with that notion... It may be the so-called championship colors - but the fabric used is not the same as in the past; and therefore the colors may be off a bit (e.g. the changes in the Colts blue over the years because of the fabrics used and the return to the darker blue). Colorwerx may be right in that respect.

I've got the Style Guide sheet...which includes the Pantone spot colors, process simulation colors, textiles, threads (Robison-Anton, Madeira and Coats), along with the RGB, HTML, and grayscale values.

So, I'm basing this opinion not only on that information, but also based on all of my other research (style guide sheets back to around 1997, and 1995, 1987, 1977 and 1972).

I guess with that flawed logic - the New York Giants be damned for bringing mismatched road and home pants and the 1958 look back....

Yes. There is no excuse to have two different pair of the same color pants, and a road jersey that doesn't come close to matching the home jersey. It's 2009, not 1958. Do you drive a 1958 car? Didn't think so.

the Jets for dropping the green helmets and envoking the memories of Joe Namath....

IMO the Jet's look is classic, and doesn't look dated. I have no problem with them bringing back that look. At least they went with green facemasks instead of gray. If anything, the green-helmeted look would look dated, as it reeks of '80s / early '90s design.

and the Chiefs looking awfully dated with the late 60's look that Len Dawson could love.

Yes, they do look extremely dated. Not to mention the color inconsistency of having black only in the helmet, and yellow only on the jersey / pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I guess with that flawed logic - the New York Giants be damned for bringing mismatched road and home pants and the 1958 look back....

Yes. There is no excuse to have two different pair of the same color pants, and a road jersey that doesn't come close to matching the home jersey. It's 2009, not 1958. Do you drive a 1958 car? Didn't think so.

The Giants had a near perfect set before the most recent "tweak." They were classic, but modern. The recent changes were downgrades all around.

the Jets for dropping the green helmets and envoking the memories of Joe Namath....

IMO the Jet's look is classic, and doesn't look dated. I have no problem with them bringing back that look. At least they went with green facemasks instead of gray. If anything, the green-helmeted look would look dated, as it reeks of '80s / early '90s design.

The Jets "classic but modern" look they have looks great from the neck down. The old helmet logo, however, is extremely dated. The plain green oval with the bold white "NY", or even a green version of the '80's "JETS" script would an improvement over the current logo.

The Giants had a near perfect set before the most recent "tweak." They were classic, but modern. The recent changes were downgrades all around.

The Jets "classic but modern" look they have looks great from the neck down. The old helmet logo, however, is extremely dated. The plain green oval with the bold white "NY", or even a green version of the '80's "JETS" script would an improvement over the current logo.

Agreed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

lets not forget cleveland when they went retro back in '06 , the only flaw with their unis is the brown socks on the road set, they need to go back to the striped socks on the road set because it matches more with the stripes

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eanthonys/3406946153/

On here you can see where EA got the uniforms for the teams in their game. The lead producer says these are all pictures taken this week, but I have yet to hear him say anything else about them. Take note of the Niners jerseys at the bottom, because they look a bit different to me.

Is that an old pic? I ony see the Vikings' old unis.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I've got the Style Guide sheet...which includes the Pantone spot colors, process simulation colors, textiles, threads (Robison-Anton, Madeira and Coats), along with the RGB, HTML, and grayscale values.

So, I'm basing this opinion not only on that information, but also based on all of my other research (style guide sheets back to around 1997, and 1995, 1987, 1977 and 1972).

In case we're keeping score here, ColorWerx-1, New Guy-0

On here you can see where EA got the uniforms for the teams in their game. The lead producer says these are all pictures taken this week, but I have yet to hear him say anything else about them. Take note of the Niners jerseys at the bottom, because they look a bit different to me.

Is that an old pic? I ony see the Vikings' old unis.

And old Lions. And old Chargers. And old Browns (not 100% but it looks like it).

And drop shadow on the 49ers when we've been told that is leaving.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out that that photo is several years old.

That has to be an old picture. It has the now old Lions and Jaguars jerseys as well as the Vikings jerseys that haven't been worn in a few seasons.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That has to be an old picture. It has the now old Lions and Jaguars jerseys as well as the Vikings jerseys that haven't been worn in a few seasons.

Interestingly the photo credit says it was taken yesterday. Maybe EA keeps a store of old jerseys?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Interestingly the photo credit says it was taken yesterday. Maybe EA keeps a store of old jerseys?

Probably explains why the game is infuriatingly wrong every year. The fact that they randomly removed the normal home white/orange broncos pants for the blue ones all the time made me return the game last year. It proves that they base their decisions on a lack of research. (Broncos only wore the blue pants on primetime national games..so a developer in say...Florida may have only seen the Broncos play at home then)

Archived