49ers are officially changing unis next season

In 5..4..3..2..1

Meanwhile, the gold on the tractor and the gold on the trailer look like two completely different hues...

The "gold" on the tractor almost looks like the flat "beige" or "tan" of their crappy throwback pants, while the trailor looks like the shiny gold of their more recent gear.

I really hope this doesn't imply that they're going to have the shiny metallic gold on their helmets, and revert back to the crappy pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meanwhile, the gold on the tractor and the gold on the trailer look like two completely different hues...

Easy there, sport. The Rams have the same thing going on.

p5820934dt.jpg

By the way, does it strike anybody else as really, really sad that we're getting NFL logo news from 1:80 scale tractor trailer collectibles?

galaxy.png

OldNew.jpg

This is what it might look like on 49erswebzone.com the owner likes to have an brighter gold to the unis and the SF oval logos could be on the stripes. They are also discussions that the players have a little input with it that they are debating whether to go with the red face mask or red facemask.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

This is what it might look like on 49erswebzone.com the owner likes to have an brighter gold to the unis and the SF oval logos could be on the stripes. They are also discussions that the players have a little input with it that they are debating whether to go with the red face mask or red facemask grey facemask.

FTFY

This is what it might look like on 49erswebzone.com the owner likes to have an brighter gold to the unis and the SF oval logos could be on the stripes. They are also discussions that the players have a little input with it that they are debating whether to go with the red face mask or red facemask grey facemask.

FTFY

thank you

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

OldNew.jpg

This is what it might look like on 49erswebzone.com the owner likes to have an brighter gold to the unis and the SF oval logos could be on the stripes. They are also discussions that the players have a little input with it that they are debating whether to go with the red face mask or red facemask.

The oval on the stripes is the dumbest thing ever. It's the only thing IMO keeping the current set from being 99% perfect. The other 1% comes from trying to cram three stripes onto a template that doesn't have sleeves.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's something very humorous to me about the fact that all this new logo buzz is coming from these ridiculous little toy semi trucks

Isn't that how the new Sabres logo was released? Or was that a hoax of sorts?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

OldNew.jpg

Keep the modern helmet logo, give it a red facemask, keep the oval off the stripes, and use those color changes and it's the best uniform in the NFL. Period. Hell, even with the oval on it it'd be Top 3, IMO.

No doubt inspired by the Saints' endless quest for matching golds... B)

But wait...the Saints truck DOES match the trailer! (angels singing) They got it right for once.

p5820925dt.jpg

The logo on the sleeve in the PS job reminded me, did anyone see the NFL Network showing of that '85 Packers-Bears games? The Pack's uni's were terrible, they had the G logo in the jersey stripe, numbers on the pants, and it was back when the helmet logo was hovering right over the earhole. For a uni that was essentially the same as they wear today (and before that of course), it looked pretty bad.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

OldNew.jpg

The uniform on the right would be perfect if the TV numbers were moved to the shoulders, the striping/sleeve logo was moved up a bit, and the facemasks were coloured red, gold, or white.

OldNew.jpg

The uniform on the right would be perfect if the TV numbers were moved to the shoulders, the striping/sleeve logo was moved up a bit, and the facemasks were coloured red, gold, or white.

Yeah, the University of Northern Colorado used to have gold helmets with white facemasks, and I always thought they looked pretty cool. With the thick white stripe down the middle of the helmet, I think a white a facemask on the 49ers helmet would look fantastic.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Yeah, the University of Northern Colorado used to have gold helmets with white facemasks, and I always thought they looked pretty cool. With the thick white stripe down the middle of the helmet, I think a white a facemask on the 49ers helmet would look fantastic.

I've been thinking about this subject lately, and what I think might be a good compromise between the pro-colored facemask crowd (which includes me), and the pro-gray facemask crowd (about 75% of the people on this board it seems), is if they could develop a coating that closely matched a metallic shell.

This way, maybe the 49ers could have a metallic Gold helmet with a matching metallic Gold mask. Create the "illusion" that the helmet and facemask are all one unit (maybe it's supposed to be that way anyway).

The old San Antonio Riders of the WLAF intended this to happen - a metallic Gold helmet with a matching Gold mask, but the facemask ended up being a orangey-yellow. Sort of like the Redskins. It looked awful.

Archived