49ers are officially changing unis next season

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want something with a little now and a little then. As long as it's original (unlikely), I'll be happy, I think.

49ers.png

Aside from being used in a couple throwbacks, I don't know why teams like Dallas or Indy haven't reverted back to old school block digilt like the ones shown here.

Not sure if the 49ers actually used 'em back in the day, but IMO, they look slick!

6uXNWAo.png

I want something with a little now and a little then. As long as it's original (unlikely), I'll be happy, I think.

49ers.png

Aside from being used in a couple throwbacks, I don't know why teams like Dallas or Indy haven't reverted back to old school block digilt like the ones shown here.

Not sure if the 49ers actually used 'em back in the day, but IMO, they look slick!

I think that the LA Lakers number font would look fantastic on a football jersey. It has the serifs like the ones used in this concept, but the 2s are different, and the inside of the numbers is slightly angled, as opposed to being square. I think this concept would look better with that font (not that the one used is bad though.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

49ers.png

Ladies and gentlemen, the Birmingham Stallions of San Francisco!

...Birmingham Stallions of San Francisco of Anaheim

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

49ers.png

Ladies and gentlemen, the Birmingham Stallions of San Francisco!

...Birmingham Stallions of San Francisco of Anaheim

*slap*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

the old wordmark just looks so dame dated and has the same problems with it as the Colts and Lions, now i'm still not sold on the new wordmark either though.

You know what looks *dated*? The G.D. American flag, that's what looks dated. You wanna improve something? Why don't most of you 'tards change your skidmark underwear.

Ummm.....

What? :therock:

the old wordmark just looks so dame dated and has the same problems with it as the Colts and Lions, now i'm still not sold on the new wordmark either though.

You know what looks *dated*? The G.D. American flag, that's what looks dated. You wanna improve something? Why don't most of you 'tards change your skidmark underwear.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Why the hell are you even here?

spacer.png

Captain! Troll, dead ahead!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This seems familiar...

Hank, is that you?

:D

I'm also quoting this. I giggled.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

sigged. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Oh god please don't screw up this uni change. Retro is good... radical is bad.. very bad..

Why not? Sometimes it is fun to watch things like this blow up in people's faces(see: OKC Thunder). Im hoping they do it right because I have nothing against the franchise, but on the other hand I have never really liked Alex Smith so I hope they go with Red and White jerseys, each with plenty of Black on the side panel and Gold piping going from the side to the shoulder, then to the collar, then back over the shoulder and down around the back numbers. I hope they make use of a super modern number font while still trying to use the old logo on their helmets, which by now hopefully have more Black on them. Then I hope they have Gold pants, White pants, Red pants, and Black pants. Lastly I hope they make the names on the back of their uniforms match the jersey color with only a small outline to separate them. Yeah, that sounds good. :D

Archived